Baker Street Home Inspection Services Inc

Home Inspection
3335 Yonge St, Suite 402 Toronto ON M4N 2L9
HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in Toronto  >  Baker Street Home Inspection Services Inc

Reviews for Baker Street Home Inspection Services Inc

J in Little Italy
J in Little Italy

Ongoing Support

We have used Baker Street twice, before buying our first and second house. Jeff Clarke is great, and I'd recommend him in a heartbeat. He knows his stuff and is meticulous... but most importantly, he follows up. We had problems after the second inspection (not done by Jeff, alas, but by an employee who I think has since left Baker Street), and Jeff came to see what the problem was, and refer us to people who could help. Just this week, more than six years after we bought the house, Jeff came by to look at an issue (cracks in the wall and ceiling of our 130 year old house), and give us some suggestions on how to address it. He really cares about his clients.

Lianne in Toronto
Lianne in Toronto

Honest! Amazing and knowledgable

Baker Street did an incredible job with our pre-purchase home inspection, but what was even more amazing was their help 10 months after moving in! We had a problem in our home that we couldn't quite diagnose. After several VERY helpful emails, Jeff from Baker Street did an on-site visit to help us determine the problem. He was thorough, patient and, after an initial suspicion regarding what was causing the problem (ice dam) he gave me his personal number to call him as soon as the problem recurs so that he can come by immediately to determine the exact spot. Exceptional customer service!! DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL for any problem solving issues, inspections or even renovation coaching (how brilliant is THAT???). Thank you to everyone at Baker Street. I wouldn't consider doing ANY work on our home without first consulting with this amazing company.

Danforth/Coxwell
Danforth/Coxwell

Pre-List Home Inspection

Bakerstreet did a pre-list home inspection for a house that I bought recently and knowing that the home had been inspected by a well respected company (my agent, who I trust implicitly, said that they have a good reputation, and I researched them online as well) gave me peace of mind. After looking at the inspection it gave me the confidence to submit an offer without a condition for a home inspection, which ultimately got me the house. What I really liked about the report was that the inspector told me what would need attention over the next 1-5 years, which will allow me to budget for things like removal of one string of knob & tube wiring, a new air conditioner and other smaller things. And when I called them about a few things in the report that were unclear to me, they called me back the same day and explained it to me.

Susan in Toronto
Susan in Toronto

home inspection, follow-up advice

My experience with Baker Street Home Inspection has been a very positive one. Jeff Clarke did my pre-purchase inspection 14 years ago when I bought my house, and over time that inspection has proven to be accurate and reliable. On three occasions since then (most recently this week), prior to undertaking upgrades/projects I have contacted him for unbiased advice and guidance, and he has always been available in a timely manner, and has given me excellent detailed advice on how to proceed. I have found Jeff Clarke to be very honest, conscientious, and knowledgeable, and would highly recommend him.

Pre-Purchase Home Inspection Report

I bought a home which was pre-inspected arranged by the previous owner. Baker street home inspection services provided the inspection. In the report, the inspector indicated there was one circuit each of aluminum and ungrouded-panel.

The inspection report caused me a lot of difficulties when purchasing a home insurance. Due to the existence of aluminum wire, TD and RBC insurance companies denied my application. I ended up with a small insurance and paid a higher premium. Due to the requirement of the small insurance company, I need to replace the aluminum wire within 30 days after closing, otherwise, my insurance policy will be cancelled.

I asked another cerfitied electrician to come and quote for the work (to replace the aluminum wires). He founded out there is no aluminum wire in the house. The aluminum is actually tinned copper. He then issued me a report and ask me to send it to the insurance company. It cost me $200+HST for him to come and inspect. He also asked me who did the home inspection for us, and this kind of mistake should not happen. If the inspector is not sure about something, he/she should not make a definitive conclusion about it. Instead, the inspection company should send somebody else who is more experienced at this area.

The inspection mistake caused a lot of trouble to me and I am very disappointed with the service provided by bakerstreet.

This person could have avoided the aggravation by merely calling us. We are VERY responsive to requests for help. There is a solution to everything. In this case, we could have referred this person to an insurance company known to be accepting/knowledgeable of aluminum wiring. In this case, our photographs taken on site do reveal the existence of aluminum wiring, which in it's of itself, is not a problem. CALL YOUR HOME INSPECTOR IN THE EVENT OF A PROBLEM OR CONFLICTING ADVICE.

Christopher from Old Toronto
Christopher from Old Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Excellent Inspection

Excellent service. We used Baker Street for an inspection on a conditional offer to purchase a home. While we knew some issues existed, Ed McCudden identified many problems with the house, and gave us the information we needed to negotiate a substantial amount off of our offer. We also knew that the "bones" of the house were sound, and now know we have something to build on. We cannot thank Baker Street Home Inspection enough.

Bonnie in King city
Bonnie in King city
1 review KING CITY, ON

pre purchase home inspection

Before I even put in an offer to purchase a home Baker Street provided some excellent advice for free on the phone. Once I had a conditional offer to purchase Baker Street carried out a careful detailed home inspection that helped tremendously to identify problem areas so that I could confidently decide whether to proceed with the purchase. Once the conditions of sale were removed by me, with Baker Street's detailed but realistic report I was able to then set priorities
Since I moved in Baker Street has continued to provide advice at no additional cost as I work through the settling in process that always requires some work whether it is a new or older home..
I have tried other home inspection services before and their reports were not worth the paper they were written on. You cannot go wrong with Baker Street's inspection service's, report and follow-up. Worth every cent of their fee.

Michael in Toronto
Michael in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Home Inspection

Baker Street equals quality. The best company out there, in my opinion. I have personally used Baker Street for two of my own home purchases and one pre-sale inspection when I was prepping my house to put it on the market. I also know of many people who have used the company, as they are highly refered by people who want the straight goods on a house. I've mainly worked with Jeff. He's incredibly professional, reliable in his advice, and treats you as if you're a family member of his own who is buying the house. In short, he is a professional who cares about his clients and does an amazing job.

More about Baker Street Home Inspection Services Inc

Pre-purchase Home Inspections, Problem Solving, New Homes During & after construction.