B & R Electric

1778 Poets Walk Mississauga ON L5M 4M3
HomeStars  >  Electricians in Streetsville  >  B & R Electric

Reviews for B & R Electric

Good Work But Get Written Quote

Had some lights installed. Told me would take 4 hours so would cost $400. Technician came and installed lights in less than 4 hours was still charged the $400 plus tax. Good work though. Clean.

Cassandra K from Mississauga
Cassandra K from Mississauga

Power failure to furnace

I had no heat, suffering from the flu and 4 small children. My furnace was not coming on. I called DirectEnergy who finally sent someone out at 10pm. He told me the power to the furnace was blown so I'd need to call an electrician. I called B&R at 10:30 pm. They sent Dean out to my home.. And the weather was bad. I felt bad for calling him out.. But I had no heat! Well, he fixed it, I paid and he was on his way. I went to bed in a nice warming up house and woke up pleasantly warm. I am more than satisfied. Yes, a tad expensive, but it was after hours and he lived 45 minutes away and it was the first snow of the season. Very well worth it. Thanks Dean B and B&R.

Deb L from Mississauga
Deb L from Mississauga

Electrical wire outside & inside

From inquiry to booking to service date, B & R Electric provides prompt, efficient, and excellent customer service. Kevin provided expert advice with a cost saving focus which was greatly appreciated. I will definitely refer this company to my friends and family.

Denton Young from Streetsville
Denton Young from Streetsville
1 review Streetsville, ON

re-wiring of house

Re: previous negative review by Mathew of Mississauga. As the general contractor that hired B & R for the project, what started out as a simple installation of a few receptacles and data lines, soon became the re-witing of almost the entire house due to the poor condition of the existing wiring. B & R stepped up to the plate and got the job done inspite of a very busy schedule. Two separate crews performed the work and the scope was revised more than once. It was a difficult job and I was glad to have B & R involved. I would not hesitate to recommend them and will continue to use them on future projects.

Joe O'Leary from Toronto
Joe O'Leary from Toronto

Various Electrical Jobs

I had the pleasure of being introduced to B & R Electric by the owner himself.... Barry Sternberg. He met with me 10 years ago on a cool day outside my office. He never once complained about the cold, and was sincerely focused totally on the project I needed done.
Barry discussed the lighting project I wanted to do, informed me of two other less expensive ways to go, and then spent the time to walk me through how it would look and the life span of the equipment he recommended.
That day, I saved $11,000.00... that I was more then prepared to spend! Over the next 10 years, well, you can imagine. Those lights are still in place and the most maintenance they have required is the bulbs changed.

I require an electrician that can think on his/her own and not have to worry about the jobs I need done. My customers and their families depend on B & R to keep them safe and they have NEVER once let me down.

Typically, when we are able to plan work out in advance, B & R has always made sure to be on time, and ready to work.
In emergency situations, they can't be beat!!
The response time is head-spinning.
We gave them a call last week for NO HEAT. That was the call, no further details given to B & R other then the address of the call.
Within 1 hour of the call being made, we were signing the work-order for the electrician that fixed the problem.

Not every job is the same, but every response from Barry and his brilliant electricians is the same.
They are professional, meticulous, and REFUSE to cut corners.
B & R really do treat their customers as though we are their family.

Should you have work for B & R, don't be surprised if the electrician they send shows up with coffee for you and depending on the mood, a joke or two.
Make no mistake though, when they begin working, that's their only topic until they complete the job.

You'll not ever need to second-guess the quality of work these people do, because they do it with pride, and they do it right.
Coldest, hottest, rainiest days of the year... I've been there to see them shrug it off and get the job done.

Would I recommend this company to my Mom? You bet I would!!
I'm certain my Mom would be making them all dinner before they'd be allowed to leave her house.

Thank you B & R for keeping us safe, and being truly decent for so many years. I'd be lost without you all.

Bless!!

Elaine from Mississauga
Elaine from Mississauga

Electrical Renovation

B & R Electric has always been my #1 choice for any of my electrical needs. We have previously used them for a few years and referred them to our friends. The staff, whether it be in the office or onsite, is always friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Just recently I had them do an installation for a kitchen renovation. I could not be happier with the service that I received. There was no damage or mess that I had to worry about. Everything was taken care of. Thank you B & R Electric and I look forward to having you work on my future projects.

Mathew from Mississauga
Mathew from Mississauga

Re-wired main floor during renovation.

My general contractor hired them to do electrical on medium sized renovation. All the wiring in the main floor had to be replaced (very small house, all the walls were open). Anyhow, I can't fault them too much for the quality of their completed work, but they seem to come to the site unprepared, requiring return trips. Still need to come back to finish a couple things. I asked them a couple times to label the electrical panel - which would seem like a standard thing to do when you re-wire a house. Still waiting for that. I'm sure there are better electricians out there.

Marni in Toronto
Marni in Toronto
6 reviews TORONTO, ON

Electrical disaster - B&R Saved the day!

I recently purchased a condo in downtown Toronto. I had planned to renovate the kitchen and when I started the demo I discovered that there once had been a handy (or not so handy!) man that lived here. I pulled out the exhaust hood in the kitchen and discovered that it was plugged into a power bar that was hidden inside the duct work. The power bar had the plug cut off the end of it and it was hard wired into a BX cable. My sister recommended this company to me and they were able to send Kevin within a few days. When he arrived, he said this was maybe the second worst wiring he had ever seen...not so comforting for a first time homebuyer!! At any rate he found several issues the first day and cut power to make the lines safe. He also disconnected the surround sound stereo that had been installed in the bathroom. On the second day, he came with an assistant and the two of them cleaned just about everything up. They found several extension cords that had been hard wired into the electrical system, some of which had burn marks on them because they were running though a pipe chase. They replaced outlets and hung fixtures and came back for a third visit to hook up my new appliances once they were in place. All in all Kevin was a delight to deal with, he had a great sense of humour and helped to put my mind at ease. I would not hesitate to use this company again and I would totally recommend them to anyone who asks!

enrico traini in Toronto
enrico traini in Toronto

full re wire of house

Barry and his crew are great. I have used him on a few jobs now and they have came through each time. guys show up when you need them to, and are great with clients

Meghan in Toronto
Meghan in Toronto

Receptacle Updates, Knob-Tube Removal Etc. Etc.!

Needed to have Electricians report due to insurance company for a few things after new house purchase. B&R was recommended to us by my parents condo. Barry came out almost immediately - we needed the report around thanksgiving - he was here with some guys the thursday before thanksgiving. Three guys were here all day putting in all new receptacles and switches - we also needed some updates at the electrical panel - dedicated lines etc. and the removal of one knob and tube wire. The quote for all the work was about 1200, but when they guys got here they ran into a few more issues that they recommended be fixed for safety issues - it ended up being about 500$ more - that was a bit disappointing - but the work was done well and they were very honest and straightforward about what should be done and why and i liked that! They gave me the option to go ahead with the extra fixes or not before actually charging. Would defo recommend to a friend! Have booked again already for another upgrade.