Avonlea Kitchen & Bathroom Concepts

Bathroom Renovation
1980 Danforth Avenue Toronto ON M4C 1J6
HomeStars  >  Bathroom Renovation in Toronto  >  Avonlea Kitchen & Bathroom Concepts

Reviews for Avonlea Kitchen & Bathroom Concepts

Jonathan in Toronto
Jonathan in Toronto

Another great job

This is the third time that I am using Avonlea. First time for the main bathroom (outstanding job), second time on renovating the kitchen (once again, brilliant) and then this last job, completed recently of a second bathroom was just amazing as the others. Gabriel and his father were both professional, clean and not to mention amazing at what they do.

Highly recommended.

Maureen in East York
Maureen in East York

Excellent renovation

This is a story about how well the work of Avonlea holds up. Two years ago we had a total bathroom renovation done, down to the studs. Avonlea's workmanship was excellent, the site superbly cleaned every day, schedule was maintained exactly from start to finish. And the bathroom looks as good today as it did the day they finished it;nothing has needed replacement or repair. It was a great pleasure to work with John on initial planning and budget, details of materials, items we ordered through the showroom. We are especially pleased with the tile, which Audrey helped me choose. All in all, a superb experience with exceptional workmanship. Yes, we would choose them again.

Perry in Mt. Pleasant.
Perry in Mt. Pleasant.

Work that borders on artisanal.

We had a bathroom renovation in an older North Toronto home. The finished result more than met our expectations with very neat work
by Gabriel and excellent communications with John on all aspects. The site was also kept very neat each day with all refuse removed. A hearty recommendation can be given without reservation.

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure to work for you.

Eve C in Toronto
Eve C in Toronto

Kitchen Renovation

We have used Avonlea for two bathroom renos and, most recently, for a full kitchen renovation and on all occasions have been very pleased with the outcome. While living through a major renovation is never easy, Dominic and Gabriel made sure that all of our whims and desires were met and that every detail was executed to perfection. We just love our new kitchen and, as was the case with the two bathroom renos, the final cost was exactly as quoted by John prior to the commencement of work. I can't speak more highly of a company and its people and wish that they did renovations beyond kitchens and baths.

As Eve has mentioned, we have done a number of jobs over the years with her including her amazing looking new kitchen. Thank you for the review.

Bathroom renovation

Avonlea completely renovated our old bathroom. The original bathroom was demolished and room was stripped to the studs. A custom-build shower stall was built and a hanging vanity and new toilet was installed. The bathroom was drywalled and tile was installed. We are very happy with the finished product. In talking with John (the owner) while we were getting quotes, it was obvious that he had a lot of experience working with older houses. The work was carried out by Olimpios who did an excellent job. We would happily recommend Avonlea. They were very flexible in terms of scheduling so that the work started on the day that we wanted. The time to completion was also in the range that John provided. The price above also included tiling our entrance hall.

Older home bathroom renovation

We hired Avonlea after checking these Homestars reviews and getting two similar competing quotes, due in part to a scheduling fit but also to the comfort level we got after speaking with John. Our old, tired bathroom needed replacing as the glaze had wore off the old porcelain tub, and so we had Avonlea completely gut, down to the studs, and rebuild.
We were hoping to hang the toilet tank in wall, and they gave it a try but the stack was in the way. They did hang the vanity for us, and installed the medicine cabinet in wall. Any issues along the way were dealt with professionally and without fuss. The work was completely quickly and everything kept clean and tidied up at the end of each workday. Olimpio did all the work - demolition, framing, drywall, electrical, plumbing, tiling etc. Very impressive and well done. We are quite pleased with the result and the way the job was handled and do not hesitate to recommend Avonlea for a bathroom renovation.

This bathroom was a bit tricky in terms of the technical details so I am very glad that you were happy with our work. Thank you for the review.

Kevin Bellefontaine in Toronto
Kevin Bellefontaine in Toronto

Great customer service and support

I had my kitchen renovated by Avonlea approx. 12+ years ago. The
installation was hassle free and flawless. We went on to recommend two
friends that had their bathrooms completely renovated by them and they had
the same experience. Great team of professional guys.

My kitchen looks as new today as the day it was installed, but on Monday one
of my pullout cupboards came off a glide and was hanging crooked. I called
Avonlea to see if they could repair at my cost. The kitchen is 12 years
old!!! One of the owners called me back on Tuesday and this morning he came
by with one of his tradesmen and repaired. During these crazy renovation
times I would bet most people won't even receive a call back from a
contractor for new business, let alone have one respond and action on their
product installation from 12 years ago. Oh yeah....he wouldn't take any
money.

There is a reason this company has been in business so long and their
customer service is certainly not the norm and should be applauded.

Kevin Bellefontaine
Beaufort Road

casver Toronto
casver Toronto

Bathroom Gut and Rebuild

Many thanks to John and team for making the bathroom renovation a pleasure. I had called around, as one should, and immediately found Avonlea Kitchen and Bathroom to be reasonably priced and knowledgeable.

John assisted us with courtesy and professionalism. I never imagined the process would have been so easy.

The finished product is better than anything I had expected too. Beautiful craftsmanship through and through. We are totally satisfied with our bathroom.

John, I have said before and I do not mind repeating it here I think you have the best business model in your industry and the proof is in the win-win scenario you are able to provide.

I highly recommend Avonlea Kitchen and Bathroom and when the time comes I will definitely be calling on Avonlea Kitchen and Bathroom to rebuild my kitchen.

All the best

Thank you for your kind words particularly about our business model. We really do try hard. It was a pleasure to work for you.

alexislyonhood in Toronto
alexislyonhood in Toronto

Bathroom Reno

Avonlea recently renovated my four piece washroom. They were extremely professional from beginning to end. John walked us through the quote and was great at helping is work through our options. Gabriel did the actual work, and he took excellent care to make sure every detail was executed exactly how we wanted. He even installed a light twice after a miscommunication on our part. We have gotten a Ton of compliments on it and we couldn't be happier.

It is always good to hear feedback on our work. Thank you for taking the time to do so. We loved the result as well!

Catherine R. from East York
Catherine R. from East York

bathroom reno

John and his team were a great example of how a reno should go. During the initial quote, he took some extra time to check in the bsmt if we had galvanized pipes (which would increase our cost). His knowledge and experience was clearly apparent in our conversations. He is a direct communicator who doesn't overpromise and has high regard for his staff and their skill set. I felt comfortable in trusting the staff to their work as there was regular communication and the work quality was easily discernable. The main staff (Olympio and Calin) were very skilled, efficient, and respectful workers. They kept to their proposed timelines. John was prompt in answering any of my questions via email throughout the process. I would rehire Avonlea again as they made this process comfortable and safe, especially for a homeowner with a first-time reno.

Thanks Catherine. I know you were a little hesitant with the process at the beginning as it was your first renovation but I am glad that we were able to make the process as smooth as possible for you and you were happy with the results.

More about Avonlea Kitchen & Bathroom Concepts

WE SPECIALIZE IN THE OLDER HOMES OF TORONTO and are a full service kitchen & bathroom renovation company that is able to handle all aspects of your renovation including the specialized knowledge required for older homes.