Avenue Insulation

Reviews for Avenue Insulation

Jabba in North York
Jabba in North York
14 reviews North York, ON

Spray foam of basement walls

Our home renovation last summer included a complete gut of our basement. After much research we decided that the extra cost of spray foam insulation was worth it. Best decision we ever made!

We got quotes from a few companies and Avenue was actually the most expensive. However, Andy was by far the most knowledgeable and the person I was most comfortable with. My research also told me that this seemed to be a quality company.

After a bit of haggling, Andy agreed to lower the price slightly and that made it a slam dunk.

The workers showed up on time and the job was completed to a very high standard. Andy had given us some very helpful tips on how to prepare the studs in advance. In addition, his people did an exceptional job on some walls where we had decided to leave the old studs even though they were a little uneven. There was no mess left behind and minimal splatter.

We are extremely happy with the work Avenue did. The basement is now by far the warmest part of the house! We are currently planning to insulate the rest of the house and Avenue is our first and only choice for the job.

Bill from Toronto
Bill from Toronto

Installation of foam insulation in a bathroom

I met Andy and Laura at the home show and booked an appointment. They showed up on time and gave me a fair price. Unfortunately, I had to cancel the initial installation date due to an electrical issue and Laura got me another install date quickly. The installation staff were polite and took pride in their work. They completed the job and cleaned up after themselves. Thank you Andy and Laura for making this a pleasant renovation experience.

Chris H in Toronto
Chris H in Toronto
6 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Basement Installation - 2 Walls

I recently had waterproofing done at my house and needed to do insulation - I was under a time crunch and Avenue came through big time and could add me to the tailend on a bigger job. The guys arrived after hours to fit us in and did an excellent job - it is going to make a BIG difference in my basement. The crew was very nice to my family and myself - I would fully recommend these guys!

mom-1418
mom-1418

insulated attic

Needed the attic topped up in insulation.We took in quotes and they were the right price. They came on time and cleaned up after. Thank you for the good work.

S & M in the Annex
S & M in the Annex
3 reviews ,

Insulation of roof & 3rd floor

Excellent service. Will recommend them without hesitation, in fact have already recommended them to two other friends considering spray foam insulation. Andy and Lara were very informative and helpful without the pressured sales pitch that I have come to expect from other companies. They reviewed their products and services as well as each products respective performance without trying to influence me one way or the other. They reviewed any logistical concerns regarding the application of their product such as site access and weather and these were dealt with ahead of time. Their crew was punctual, professional and polite. They did an excellent job despite the minus 20 degree weather. Finished on time and cleaned up after themselves. The performance of the finished product is unbelievable. My 3rd floor was ice cold previously and Andy said that after the application I would be able to heat my third floor with a candle. He was right! He called up a week after the install to make sure everything was OK and that I was satisfied with the product. Great service.

Zisi       Lorne Park / Clarkston Area
Zisi Lorne Park / Clarkston Area

Whole house insultion

There are 4 furnaces in my new 18,000 square foot home. Two of which are 100,000 BTU’s each. The other two @ 60,000 BTU’s (properly rated).
Heavy artillery aside… Energy wise my house is extremely efficient. Being equally super sealed thanks to AVENUE INSULATION. One of those rare companies who definitely know how to do it right. Believe me I did my homework, and contracted someone who knows what they’re talking about and stands by their work. And I’m glad I didn’t short cut with the closed cell foam. ‘Cause this stuff works!

But what really drove it home in real world terms, is the unexpected feedback I got from other trades. My HVAC Guys were blown away (no pun intended) not to mention the electricians. They came in when only one of the ‘baby’ furnaces was on in the basement at 20°. The whole house was already heated warm. What better test! Given we had heavy winds and extreme cold temperatures. And my not-so-tiny house is largely exposed on open waterfront. (Recall the freezing days we had earlier this January when temperatures bottomed) To make a long story short…the HVAC guy walked onto the jobsite and as a matter of habit, turned on the 2nd baby furnace to 21° shortly thereafter turning it off. Because it was not required.

By a long shot this is the best investment I made on my home.

Zisi K

Sergey @ The Beach, Toronto
S. .

Whole house foam insulation

Prompt estimate, flexible schedule, fast work and high quality… did I miss something???
It is more than 100 years old and very complicated house. Job had to be done in stages. Everything was done perfect in time and convenient for me.
Thanks a lot.
Sorry no pictures, just imagine – everything is BLUE ;-)

Dan
Dan
26 reviews ,

Basement and Sunroom spray foam

Andy and Lara from Avenue Insulation were prompt, courteous and very knowledgeable when discussing our needs with respect to spray foam insulating our basement and sunroom. After agreeing to use their services, the spray foam truck was scheduled to arrive the following week.

True to their word, their installers showed up right on time, as expected. The guys were great, very friendly, courteous and cleaned everything up after themselves once they were done. We're very happy with the results we got from Avenue Insulation and will definitely use them again in the future and recommend them to our friends.

Scott
Scott

Insulation was removed and foam insulation was installed.

Our newly bought home had terrible drafts, especially around the skylights. The furnace ran very frequently and even after we had it and the ducts cleaned, the smell of cigarette smoke still lingered.

I called a few insulation companies to come over to quote an insulation top up. When doing the inspection, they said they would not do the upper atic because it was too tight to fit into.
When the Avenue Insulation group looked at it, they said the upper attic would be a challenge but their guys liked challenges.
They also looked at the old insulation and noticed it was moist from condensation, there was no vapour barrier in the atic, there was no insulation around the skylights and the venting around the roof was not done properly. They suggested a few options and scenerios around how long we were going to live in the house.

We agreed to remove the old, damaged, smoke saturated insulation and replace it with new air tight foam. It was more costly than just doing a top up but without a vapour barrier, it made the most long term sense.

The crew got to work a couple of weeks after the agreement and did the complete job over four days because the upper atic was so tight and cut in half by one of skylights that one of the crew had to cut a hole in the roof for entry. He did an excellent job also patching it back up too. Both atics are now very well insulated while the smell of smoke has disappeard and the furnace immediately stopped running by 70%.

Also, while the crew was working they noticed other unseen problems from the inside of the house like a leak that ran along a main support beam to the outside wall. Fixing this while it was small saved a much bigger problem for the future.

After the crew was finished, they cleaned up what little mess that was made. The entire staff of this organization is very friendly and reliable to make the whole experience a positive one.

More about Avenue Insulation

CONSUMER CHOICE AWARD winner 2013-2016 for Business Excellence: AVENUE INSULATION "Toronto's Most Referred" for SPRAY-FOAM installation & related service ...does your job right! From complex to small projects, we'll knowledgeably assist you & install with optimal result. So you can LIVE comfortably and sensibly --protecting your investment. OWNER OPERATED and proudly serving the GTA with 30 yrs. construction experience, for QUALITY service you can trust! Licensed & Certified trained technicians.

INSULATION TYPES: closed cell 2lb medium density BASF Walltite ECO Spray-in-place Polyurethane Foam (purple color)

INSULATION REMOVAL:
Attic Retrofit
Crawlspace (pre-sprayfoam)

RECOMMENDED WORK AREAS:

Basement / Crawlspace / Garage / Porch / Entries
Bathroom / Kitchen (due to high humidity)
Cantilever / Overhang / Window Bump-out
Ceiling / Floor / Subfloor / Walls / Joist ends
Cold Storage / Freezer
Concrete Slab / Foundation
Pot-lights / Skylight / Ducts / Piping
Roofs / Attic

Dear Customer, ALWAYS INCLUDE a phone number & email address ...within the body of your TEXT; Otherwise we have no direct means of connecting with you thru this online system (!) Best if you SIMPLY CALL US @ 416-371-3626 since we cover more ground thru direct conversation, by first asking you key questions related to your job... so no time's wasted. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks!