Avenue Insulation

Avenue Insulation

Best of 2018 winnerBest of 2018winner

Reviews for Avenue Insulation

Attic Insulation Removal and Installation

My house in downtown Toronto is more than 120 years old Avenue Insulation removed the blown-in insulation and fiberglass batts in our main attic and knee wall areas and then reinsulated new insulation using a combination of spray foam and blown-in cellulose. The job was tricky because my air conditioner blower and flexible duct work is located in the attic. I was very pleased with the entire process and thought the quality of the work was excellent. I enjoyed working with Phil and all members of the crew.

I was impressed that Phil was willing to discuss the building science and air flow, explore vapour barrier options, and figure out how to maintain access to the air conditioner. To deal with the air conditioner, Phil erected a barrier around the unit and attic hatch so that this area could get thick layer of spray foam while the rest of the attic got a combination of spray foam and blown-in cellulose. I was very pleased that the Avenue Insulation crew was able to get the insulation under and around the A/C ductwork without causing any damage. The entire crew was very hard working, tidy, and courteous.

In addition to the excellent quality of the work they did, what really impressed me about Avenue insulation was Phil's communication skills. I appreciated that he responded to my e-mail and telephone questions promptly and comprehensively. He took time to discuss my concerns and explored options creatively. We needed to co-ordinate the insulation with another trade and Phil was flexible and efficient when scheduling his crews. I really appreciated that he confirmed all our appointments in advance and let me know by text when the crew would arrive or if they were delayed. It was a pleasure having such a conscientious and dedicated team working in my house. I have already noticed that our house is warmer.

mcoombs
mcoombs

Cozy and comfortable

I bought a new 'old' house that I found was entirely uninsulated despite many obvious renovations over the years.

Phil and his team helped me insulate most of my house in stages as I was renovating and was patient with the various delays and coordination with other contractors. Since I am doing an energy rebate program I also will recoup some of the cost.

They were totally reliable, quick and tidy. I recommend them and spray foam insulation -looking forward to my renovations being done and a cozy house for this winter.

Renovating an old house can be full of surprises. Glad you decided to get things done properly while you had the opportunity. It'll make a big difference. All the best!

Jim
Jim

Quick and easy solutions

We had a problem with rodent infestation in the bat insulation in our crawlspace under the family room. The room was also chilly in the winter. After assessing the situation, Phil recommended removing the existing bats in the ceiling and replacing them with foam along with installing wire mesh for additional deterrence.
The team arrived, cleaned out the scary crawlspace and got the job done before 4PM the same day. They were professional, skilled and obviously experienced and I was confident we were in good hands. They got the job done and cleaned up afterwards.
The result is terrific; really happy and we would easily recommend Avenue Insulation to anyone. Thanks a lot gentlemen!!

Thanks for the review Jim. We have done a lot of crawl spaces like yours and I think we have a pretty good system worked out. All the best!

Al Stewart from Toronto
Al Stewart from Toronto

Basement Wall

I am totally pleased with my dealing with Avenue. Phil was on time for the appointment for the quote, the job schedule was even ahead of the planned time.
The technicians gave me a perfect job and I could not ask for anything more.
Such an up lifting experience as so many company's word means nothing..
Highly Recommend !!!!!!!!

Thanks for the review Al. It's pretty unusual for us to be able to get to a job early. I appreciate your flexibility to allow us to fill a sudden hole in our schedule. Best, Phil

Max in Toronto
Max in Toronto

Basement Insulation

Our basement rim joist spaces had been improperly insulated during a gut renovation of our home, leading to drafts, a cold first floor, and general discomfort during the winter season. Phil was extremely helpful in diagnosing the problem and coming up with a solution to remediate it that didn't involve a costly process of tearing down the walls and re-insulating from scratch. His team was very professional in carrying out the job and they were able to completely address the problem areas at reasonable cost. I would highly recommend Avenue Insulation.

Max, thanks for the review. For some reason we're getting a lot of calls at the moment to see if we can help fix problems with recent renovations. I'm glad that we could help you with your situation. Enjoy the basement!

Insulation

We hired Avenue Insulation after a terrible experience we had with another vendor and we were extremely pleased with their work. Phil and his guys were friendly, professional and we felt confident the job would be done properly and it was. We highly recommend Avenue Insulation.

It's never great for anyone when things go badly with a contractor and you're forced to look for help elsewhere. Thank-you for trusting us to get things done properly for you. I and my team take a lot of pride in getting things done right.

ifadizon
ifadizon

Garage Foam Insulation (1 wall)

Although the scheduled was delayed due to unavoidable circumstances after the work was done we are very happy on it. Well done the way we expected it. Thanks Phil, Rick & 2 guys

Thanks for your review; we appreciate your honesty. Because of COVID-19 many things have become so unpredictable, including our scheduling. Thanks for being so flexible with your timing too!

Best, Phil

Natasha L. in Old Toronto
Natasha L. in Old Toronto

Reliable, reasonable, friendly and flexible!

It was great to work with David, Phil and others at Avenue Insulation. Our timeline kept changing and they were very flexible and accommodating. Their rate was also incredibly reasonable. I would say cheap, but their work was too good to use the word! Their team was very clean and the job was extremely thorough which is what you want for this kind of job. Thanks a million!

Thanks so much for the review Natasha. In these weird (COVID-19) times flexibility is essential or we'd be out of business. Glad we could finally make it work for you. As far as being reasonable/cheap, that's ok too although it's not usually what we're aiming for. We like to be somewhere in the the middle price-wise. Maybe it's how things are at the moment in the industry. We're just trying to keep a semblance of business as usual. Anyway, thanks again. Be well!

Dale in Toronto
Dale in Toronto

Basement Renovation

We were very pleased with the job. Your installers, Jason and Conor were very professional and personable. They answered all my questions, and left my basement very clean.

I would definitely use your services again and will recommend your company to my friends and family.

Thanks, Dale

Thanks so much, Dale, for the positive review. What you've described is exactly how we want customers to feel about our company and work when all is said and done.

Phil at Avenue Insulation provides top notch work and kept himself available whenever necessary. I would recommend him to any close friend and therefore to anyone looking for insulation work.

We were having significant insulation problems in our kitchen that we had tried to fix before with other providers but to no avail. We called Phil at Avenue Insulation and he has been able to solve our problems where others couldn’t while also providing excellent customer service and “bedside manner” on terms of politeness. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Wow! Thanks for such a great review. We actually like putting out minds to interesting challenges and doing what we can to get them sorted and resolved. On to the next one... ; )

More about Avenue Insulation

CONSUMER CHOICE AWARD winner 2013-2016 for Business Excellence: AVENUE INSULATION "Toronto's Most Referred" for SPRAY-FOAM installation & related service ...does your job right! From complex to small projects, we'll knowledgeably assist you & install with optimal result. So you can LIVE comfortably and sensibly --protecting your investment. OWNER OPERATED and proudly serving the GTA with 30 yrs. construction experience, for QUALITY service you can trust! Licensed & Certified trained technicians.

INSULATION TYPES: closed cell 2lb medium density BASF Walltite ECO Spray-in-place Polyurethane Foam (purple color)

INSULATION REMOVAL:
Attic Retrofit
Crawlspace (pre-sprayfoam)

RECOMMENDED WORK AREAS:

Basement / Crawlspace / Garage / Porch / Entries
Bathroom / Kitchen (due to high humidity)
Cantilever / Overhang / Window Bump-out
Ceiling / Floor / Subfloor / Walls / Joist ends
Cold Storage / Freezer
Concrete Slab / Foundation
Pot-lights / Skylight / Ducts / Piping
Roofs / Attic

Dear Customer, ALWAYS INCLUDE a phone number & email address ...within the body of your TEXT; Otherwise we have no direct means of connecting with you thru this online system (!) Best if you SIMPLY CALL US @ 416-371-3626 since we cover more ground thru direct conversation, by first asking you key questions related to your job... so no time's wasted. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks!