I recently use Atlas moving for an out of province move from AB to SK. My experience with the sales rep. was very professional and commendable. I choose this company because it seemed like a reputable company. The move was an turned out to be a disaster with lack of accountability on the company's part for a breakdown in its processes and overall poor handling of the situation.
1. There was significant damage to my furniture that pointed to extremely careless handling. Things appeared to have been thrown around with wooden chairs that were completely split and legs from my sofa broken off and the wood was split. (pics of damage attached)
2. Most of the items were not physically tagged in keeping with the company's processes for tracking and identifying items. The moving agents advised me that they weren't sure why the items were not physically tagged. This made it impossible to check off items against their inventory and condition sheet.
3. Over 80% of the item did not have a tag number on the inventory and condition sheet to reference. This is a mandatory part of their process to verify and track items, yet it was mostly ignored and done very sloppily despite the vital importance of this document. (pics of inventory sheet attached, you can see most tag numbers are missing)
4. Mostly of the important items that could have been damaged were not blanket wrapped including items like my TV and other pieces of furniture and appliances. The only item that was blanket wrapped was my dining table top. The company committed to blanket wrapping all necessary items to protect during the move yet this wasn't done.
5. My belongings were verified to be undamaged in storage before being picked up by this company and brought from AB to SK. However, certain items were falsified on the inventory sheet as being found broken in storage which was not consistent with the many other items that were damaged but didn't have any reference. For the items that were listed as broken at the time of loading, the broken parts could not be found and I was told the part was probably discarded.
7. An entire locker full of items was missing. The storage company confirmed that Jay’s movers did pick up the items however they were never delivered. Due to the fact that items were not tagged and the inventory sheet flawed, it was impossible to figure what was missing and what was delivered. The company seemed mostly nonchalant about the missing items and advised that I will have to fill out forms and initiate a claim before they look into tracing the items.
6. Furniture and important items were being laid on on my lawn without and protective blanket wrap during delivery.
7. Filed a claim on 10/8/18 and was advised that the case will be assigned to an adjuster within 3 days. After the full 3 days I heard from an adjuster confirming receipt of the claim and then I will now have to wait an additional 5-6 days for review. Adjuster left a phone number and email to contact her with questions but never responded to phone calls, messages or e-mails for the last two days.
Overall, I'm in disbelief at the level of negligence Atlas Moving has exhibited. With exception to the sales rep who tried to get some information for me, no one else seems to care a damn about my lost and damaged belongings and there was absolutely no accountability for anything.