Ashton Renovations

Reviews for Ashton Renovations

Homerenoer in North York
Homerenoer in North York

Kitchen Reno

This was our second major kitchen reno with Aston Renovations. There's a reason why we wanted to work with them again. The team is professional, accountable and trustworthy. They provide great recommendations for kitchen design and source quality materials and service providers. We're very happy with the result and glad to have had a chance to work with this team again!

samantha.lotmore
samantha.lotmore

Basement full renovation and removing a main floor wall.

Our experience with Ashton Renovations was overall (very) positive and I would recommend them for general house renovations.

What We Did: Entire basement reno + wall removal + whole house electrical + other

Things that are top of mind when I think about our experience is that Mark Ashton has high integrity and cares very much about the work he completes.

Mark and his crew are also very thoughtful and considerate about the work he completes and he and his staff take time and care to do their jobs thoroughly and properly. This was our first renovation and we have heard and seen numerous jobs that seemed to have been done quickly and in some cases carelessly. So this attention to detail and quality craftsmanship made our first experience a very positive one.

The core Ashton Renovations crew was also exceptionally tidy both during the demo and just in general when working here. Even though we were not living at the house through the renovation, they clearly took great care to leave the place clean and safe each day after working. This was very much appreciated as we were regularly visiting with our child and dog to spend time at the house as well as review the work done. The only exception would be the first set of sub-contracted electricians we used through them who left the house noticeably messier than the Ashton Crew. However, the second set we used on later work were very nice and helpful as we had lots of questions for them and they were working in tight quarters.

I would also say the core team at the time we worked with them were very friendly and courteous which was important as we have a young daughter as well as a dog who were very comfortable with them working in the house.

The only negative thing that occurred during our job was that it took longer to complete than we had anticipated and we felt the communication about the delay could and should have been better communicated. I had expressed this to Mark who acknowledged this and agreed to do a better job both with us and other customers in the future.

All in all, the Mark and his crew did an excellent job on our house and we would definitely recommend them.

Thanks Samantha. We appreciate your feedback. Since completion of your project we have enhanced communication with our clients using Builder Trend Project Management Software including periodic logs from trades to our customers, which keeps them informed with photos and project details. Our scheduling notification has been expanded as well. We hope you are enjoying your new home and that wonderful PRIVATE backyard!

Mish
Mish

Bathroom renovation

Mark is a great person to work with. Responsive, patient and ethical.
Happy with our new bathroom!

Thanks for your feedback. We hope the new bathroom makes things easier. We enjoyed working with you, and all of us loved the view from your beautiful condo.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Powder Room Renovation

We are very pleased with the complete renovation of our main floor powder room. Mark and his team were professional, polite, showed good attention to detail, and ensured that the renovation site was contained. We are very happy with Mark's guidance on the overall design, choice of floor tiles, vanity, and accessories.

Thank you Margaret for your feedback. We look forward to doing your upstairs bathroom this coming March.

Robin
Robin

Finished work started by another contractor

I wish I’d known about Ashton Renovations before I hired another contractor after a flood in my condo. Ashton came in and finished the work left incomplete by the contractor I hired. It was small work relatively, but they did the work I couldn’t. The attention to detail is what you want in a contractor — Ashton finished work left undone and corrected work left as complete by the other contractor. I highly recommend them, and look forward to working with them again for a move in the future.

Thanks Robin. We were glad to help and sorry your last contractor wasn't able to finish things for you. We look forward to working with you again in the future as well. Take care.

julieha
julieha

Full Basement Renovation

Quality work and finishes were done throughout the basement and special care was taken to address minute design and construction details to ensure a professional look. The various trades that worked on the renovation were all friendly and professional as well, and they were conscientious in keeping the renovation site tidy. Communication was also good with updates provided on a weekly basis, which facilitated a successful project outcome.

Thanks Julie. We are very happy you like your new basement and it was a please doing the work for you.

Mark

Mike from Thornhill
Mike from Thornhill
10 reviews THORNHILL, ON

Total kitchen reno

I had to give this review a lot of thought because my renovation did take longer and costs went over what I had planned to spend. However when I really thought about I think Mark delivered most of my expectations.
I have done many other renovations with a variety of different contractors. I would say that Mark Ashton is way above average when it comes to taking my calls and getting back to me. He also has a sense of honesty, responsibility and integrity which is refreshing.
On the not as positive I would have liked to have seen more supervision and coordination of the trades. Sometimes I did not realize a trade or material delivery was coming. Mark does use a good construction management program but I could not get it to alert me when he was scheduling a trade or delivery. I also would have preferred a few more site visits by him or one of his staff to ensure better continuity. Trades also sometimes had questions which I think they should have already known from Mark.
I take some responsibility for some of these issues because I was busy during this time and it probably would have gone smoother if I was always there to supervise.
Overall I would strongly recommend Ashton Renovations for their value and integrity.
All renovations have unexpected surprises and highs and lows but unlike some contractors, Mark Ashton will always communicate with you and not leave you high and dry.

Thanks Mike. We appreciate your comments and welcome your feedback. We hope you and your family enjoy your new kitchen.

Antonio in Mississauga
Antonio in Mississauga

Basement Renovation

Choosing Ashton Renovations was the best decision we made! Mark and his team took care of everything, they were very easy to work with, offered great ideas and gave us great advice. From start to finish they were very professional and very clean. We loved the process, Ashton Renovations even had a Project Management App that allowed us to stay on top of the little details. We love our new basement and we're thrilled to have worked with such a great Company! We also loved their website, it was easy to navigate and offered lots of great content. We would recommend to anyone!

Thanks Antonio. We are glad you were happy with the renovation experience.

Johanna
Johanna

Kitchen and basement

Ashton Renovations renovated our kitchen and finished our basement. They are friendly, professional and above all, you pay for what you get which is stellar work. I highly recommend them!

Thanks Johanna. We hope you enjoy your home with your family and we will miss you!

More about Ashton Renovations

Your Toronto Home Renovation Contractors

We Are A Team Of Experienced And Reliable Contractors, And Can Handle All Your Renovation Needs.

Ashton Renovations is one of Toronto's leading renovation specialists. For over 20 years, we have provided a full spectrum of services, including kitchens, bathrooms, Toronto whole house renovations, and basement finishing. From planning & design, through all phases of construction using our project management software, we provide the expertise, trades, and suppliers required to make your project a successful one.

We have built a solid reputation with her clients for quality workmanship, and project professionalism. Our unique approach to working closely with our customers, and our care for craftsmanship, has led to countless successful renovation projects.

Our Services Include: