Ashley Furniture Homestore

Pat McPherson in Hamilton
Pat McPherson in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Totally disappointed

MY RANT! On Feb. 26/16, I purchased what I assumed would be my last couch (from Ashley Furniture in Stoney Creek). I also purchased a. $250.00 combo 5 year warranty which included my dining room set. The headrest where I sit is peeling. The warranty company refuses to do anything for me as it is a manufacturing flaw and not accidental damage. Ashley customer service has taken a report but told me that Ashley gave me 2 choices..they will order parts (at my expense) but won’t guarantee a successful outcome or they would take a report and pass it on with very little chance that the company will do anything for me. Ashely also informed me that they no longer use the warranty company (Montage Furniture Services). I’ll let you know Ashley’s final decision.

CRigbyWilliams in
CRigbyWilliams in
1 review Hamilton, ON

Where to begin...

Where to begin...
My partner and I purchased an 8-piece bedroom set from Ashley's, along with a couple of lamps. It came to $5000.
It was supposed to be their "Inventory Blowout" sale, but honestly speaking —I work in the business. Their sales are all the same essentially. If the items you want are not on sale, either wait a few weeks until they are, or just shop at the many places that sell Ashley's Furniture. These places will have year-long "Inventory Blowout" prices. Ashley's Furniture itself is overpriced.

Moving on...

Delivery day and Moving Day fell on a Saturday and my partner was the only one at the new apartment. The delivery drivers were rude to my partner, didn't show her any respect, and deemed the steps to our apartment "unsafe". They claimed that the dresser was too heavy to go up the steps —The same steps that the previous tenants carried all of their furniture up & down just days prior!
They made a huge fuss over having to park on the street —which is actually the most convenient spot to park for delivery to us. It's the closest access point to our entrance.
The drivers went back in the truck and I later received a call from their dispatcher claiming it was too dangerous, and the delivery guys sped off. I told him of the situation and the driver's attitudes, and he said the company will give the driver's "a good talking to", and he will try to send someone else out. He said he will call us personally on Monday for an update...

Monday came around —no call.
Tuesday —no call.
Wednesday —no call.
Thursday —no call.
Friday —no call.

It was the end of the week! and we still hadn't received any update! Meanwhile, we had to delay our mattress delivery and also had to buy an air mattress just to get by...

So Friday afternoon I give them a call to see what the heck was going on, and nobody seemed to be of any help. After talking with 3 different people (with 3 different bad attitudes), I finally get on the phone with the Manager from Head Office. I asked her why nobody's got in touch yet! Luckily, she was understanding enough to provide us with a delivery date, and free delivery. After seeing the photos that the delivery drivers took of the steps, she couldn't believe that they refused to use them.

Finally, the new drivers show up on Sunday. We had no issues with them. They were great!
But there were all these little white blotches on our bedroom set. Almost as if they had been painted on. At a first glance, they look like a chip in the wood. I didn't notice until the next day because I was at work during the delivery.
Anyway, A LOT of personal family issues came up in the next couple days, so we couldn't get in touch with them right away because there were much more pressing issues. I figured it was ok because when I asked the dispatcher what to do if the furniture was chipped or damaged, he said "either refuse it, or get in touch within a week".

We got in touch within a week, and apparently we had to get in touch within 48 hours for any "cosmetic" issues. I was never told that! But apparently that was in the Agreement I signed. I don't remember it being in there. I wonder if that was the big book-like contract they had me sign...

So after all that bull crap with the failed delivery, the drivers, the air mattress, not getting in touch, the lack of customer service, etc... They refuse to replace our blotched Mirror (there were blotches on many of the pieces, but the mirror was the worst). We could live with the others, but the mirror is just far too noticeable for us to be happy with it.

So after all that stress, complaining until we're blue in the face, and $5000 later —we're not happy!
We regret doing any sort of business with Ashley Furniture and won't be buying from them ever again in the future.

Like I said —I work as a Salesman for a competing furniture company and I know what they "can" and "can't" do. Ashley's Furniture refused to do a lot more than they could have!

sherry from Niagara Falls
sherry from Niagara Falls
1 review Niagara Falls, ON

Bed cover

Worst customer service, not helpful at all after they take your money.
Barb in customer service horrible attitude . Not helpful try to return unused mattress pad , gave so much attitude . Talk to me as I'm stupid person.

John in St catharines
John in St catharines
1 review ST CATHARINES, ON

Couch

We purchased 2 of the same couches for our living room about 4 years ago. After maybe 1.5 years they were horribly worn and looked tired already. They offer attractive designs but their build quality is sorely lacking especially against Canadian built competition which I could have had for the same price. I'm shopping again for my new home, and am only looking at the wide variety of Canadian made products, not this off-shore garbage.

Jarred Keenan in Burlington
Jarred Keenan in Burlington
6 reviews Burlington, ON

Table

Purchased a side table. Ashley's had a good selection of beautiful furniture. Would definitely go back. Prices are much better than Stoney Creek Furniture. Easy and accessible location from burlington.

Bart in Burlington
Bart in Burlington
1 review ,

sofa

The staff at this location were great, they did not try to push anythign on me, I was simply looking at one sofa they did not try to sell me the whole store. Very helpful trying to match the new piece to what was existingin my living room.