Art Knapp Plantland

Misha from Burnaby
Misha from Burnaby
4 reviews Burnaby, BC

Potted plants

I don't have the most green thumb when it comes to gardening and I don't have a very large outdoor space for plants so I wanted to purchase some indoo potted plants for my home. I needed something that was low maintenance and didn't require too much sunlight. I found some interesting looking small potted trees and asked one of the staff whether it was suitable for what I was looking for. She said no and then directed me to a nice ficus tree that she said should do very well in the conditions I was describing. I also ended up getting a nicer pot to replant the tree in as well as some lava rocks to cover the top of the planter. Overall, employee was quite helpful but I had to wait several minutes for her to assist another customer with their question before she was available to assist me.

gilles from Vancouver
gilles from Vancouver
4 reviews , BC

Planter box and seeds

I do a lot of cooking and I thought it would be really nice to grow my own herbs. I didn't even know if this was possible, since we live in BC and the weather can be so unpredictable. I walked into Art Knapp on a weekend and it was pretty busy. After wandering around for 10 minutes, I was able to find someone to help me. She helped me pick out some small planter boxes that wouldn't overcrowd my tiny condo patio and some seeds. She gave me instructions on planting and growing my own herbs and which would last and which would have to be replanted. She was very knowledgeable and even gave me some pamphlets to take home on how to grow my own herb garden.