Middleton Place Garden Market & Nursery /Tourist Attraction

Garden Centres
4300 Ashley River Rd Charleston SC 29414
HomeStars  >  Garden Centres in Goose Creek  >  Middleton Place Garden Market & Nursery /Tourist Attraction

Review for Middleton Place Garden Market & Nursery /Tourist Attraction

4300 Ashley River Rd
Charleston
SC
UNITED STATES

When I first moved to South Carolina from Florida I knew little about the native foliage of South Carolina. I truly wanted my own gardens to be indicative of the local foliage. But first I needed to learn exactly what that constituted and how to care for it. I took a garden tour at Middleton Place and the guide taught us all about Magnolias, azaleas and day lilies. I learned what to plant in a shady garden and how best to water and when to fertilize. I was also able to puchase several excellent books about gardening in South Carolina! Middleton place is an excellent place to learn about gardening, but it is also a thriving Plantation, Inn and Eatery that truly shows you the South Carolina that was in years past!