Arbutus Roofing

Vince in Vancouver
Vince in Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Roofing replacement

We contracted Arbutus Roofing to re-sheath/shingle our house on fixed price contract . After stripping shingles off one side, they abandoned the job claiming roof structure was unstable just as September rains began. This forced us to find another contractor to complete very expensive structural repairs and take over the re-sheathing from Arbutus. Arbutus did return to do the shingling only, but then charged us MORE than the contract amount, despite not completing the contracted work. We do not have faith in their business practices - buyer beware.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Flat Roof and Maintanence

They did a great job. I normally do not do reviews, but my friends have had bad roofs put on before and I did not want to go through that. I called Arbutus and heard good things from other people about them. They were very kind on the phone, they sent an estimator right away. You can tell that Arbutus has been experience doing business in the lower mainland, which reassuring. They do my roof in a timely manner, and they were very clean. Although they might be a little more priced than other companies, at least I have a great roof instead of getting it fixed every year!!

nadine from Port Coquitlam
nadine from Port Coquitlam
1 review Port Coquitlam, BC

residential reroof

will definitely deal with this company again.
once an estimate was requested within 24 hours an estimator ( Ken) was at my door to do the measurements, which from the estimates I had collected is something else, other companies do not even bother to visit in person rather they gather information from google maps and estimate it this way. not sure how accurate that is, It definitely was a great thing to have that personal touch.

Once the crew arrived safety of not only the crew but my family and pets were top priority which from what I have seen of construction crews is a rare find.

pleasant experience all the way around

will definitely use their services in the future if in need of a roofing or drainage company.

ruedi aschwanden in North vancouver
ruedi aschwanden in North vancouver
1 review NORTH VANCOUVER, BC

Roof replacement in 8-unit townhouse strata

Independent, professional roof inspection report on a "30-year" roof installed 12 years ago by Arbutus now showed significant deficiencies in installation quality (but warranty is now expired). The report also identified some maintenance issues due to aging (wear and tear). Arbutus didn't even want to come by to comment on the report and/or provide a quote for the costs of repairs needed. So much for quality and pride in their work -- or customer service.

Matthew Harriman in Vancouver
Matthew Harriman in Vancouver
9 reviews VANCOUVER, BC

I find their overall performance to be outstanding! From the moment I called asking for an estimate to their guys showing up promptly and gave me a written quote, everything was just impeccable. I decided to go with them despite being a little more expensive but I prefer not to take chances and in the end I'm very happy with my choice.

Maria in Vancouver
Maria in Vancouver
8 reviews VANCOUVER, BC

New Roof

We had just purchased an older home that was in desperate need of a new roof. We hired Arbutus and they did a fantasic job. The guys were very knowledgable and gave us the confidence our roof would last. The price was very reasonable as well. Overall, we were very pleased.

Al in Vancouver
Al in Vancouver
5 reviews VANCOUVER, BC

Re-roof the house

We chose Arbutus Roofing out of several estimates, even though they were not the cheapest because we felt they were the most reliable and knowledgeable. We have had no regrets.

brian in Burnaby
brian in Burnaby
7 reviews Burnaby, BC

repair the garage roof

I got several quotes to fix the lead in my garage roof, I decided to use Arbutus roofing to fix the job. Initially after the job was done. there was no lead, but after the summer it started to lead again. They used a torch on membrane. After calling them back they said another spot need to be fixed, so I said no way and just painted roof patch on and that's it, done.

Terence in Vancouver
Terence in Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Replace and patch roof

They were efficient with the repair and replacing with the roof as they completed the job in 2 days. However, they may have been too efficient as nails and pieces of old roofing were left laying around all around the sides of the house. They also left a blob of tar and staples (which attached the tarp) to the neighbour's house. The worst is that they mistakenly took OUR nice, new large tarps and left us with these old, ripped up ones. To summarize, the job done was good but the clean up was very poor.

Stephen from Vancouver
Stephen from Vancouver

9.8/10

Roof replacement

Excellent work at a fair price! I had my roof done in October just before the heavy rain season. Ken gave me an estimated start time of the job & they were right on schedule. Their customer service was great: I had ordered two 14" turbine vents to be installed. On the day of installation, the contractor by mistake brought the 12" version. But when I pointed that out to the foreman, he ordered the switch without any fuss (without asking me to show proof of the work order or anything assumming that the customer is always right!) Great company which has been around for a long time. Fair market price for the job!!! Highly recommended!

More about Arbutus Roofing

Arbutus has been a locally owned and operated B. C. business for over 60 years. George "Curly" Ambrose started the company in the early 1940's with a couple of loyal helpers, tar buckets, ladders, and an old International half-ton. To these early pioneers, roofing meant shakes, flashings, and a lot ...
Looking for Roofing pros in Vancouver?