Andros Kitchen & Bath Designs

Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design
7050B Bramalea Rd, Unit #38 Mississauga ON L5S 1S9
HomeStars  >  Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design in Thornhill  >  Andros Kitchen & Bath Designs

Reviews for Andros Kitchen & Bath Designs

JoBlo, Etobicoke
JoBlo, Etobicoke

New kitchen, laundry room & flooring

Final product was just what we wanted, almost on schedule and over budget. Learned a few lessons on this project. It was our first time engaging a designer project manager. Keep communications open, be very clear about what you want and be firm about what you want. Otherwise, scope creep enters the picture and you end up with change orders that explode your budget. Be sure to always ask what the cost of a change order will be. Our cost exceeded original budget by 23%. Subtrades that were excellent; cabinet installation, tile work, electrician and general contractor. Subtrades that were good; plumbing (personality was an acquired tasted but work was very good) and flooring (too slow but decent job). Project management by Aleem of Andros was good but not excellent as he was spread out over a few jobs and couldn't always stay on top of things. There were a few problems and anomalies that popped up as the project proceeded but the trades were adept at working through them. However, beware that every little thing not spelled out in your contract will end up in a change order that will undoubtedly be expensive. Since this was a first for us, we chose not provide a key to contractor for anytime access which basically held us captive in the house for the 6 week project. Trades were inconsistent and unreliable (except cabinet installer) in terms of when they would show up vs when they said they would be there. This is apparently normal for all trades and/or renovation projects. Will consider giving them an extra key if we do this again. As with almost all contractors, for any minor damage done or mess created in an area outside of the project area, don't expect that it will be repaired or cleaned to original condition if at all. That will be an extra charge. As far as design went, we already had a concept in mind and Aleem helped flesh it out for us in a rendering and producing working drawings. He was helpful in offering some alternatives and had a showroom that offered us the design elements that we wanted. He was also fairly responsive by text, email and phone whenever we had concerns or questions even though we didn't always get the answers we wanted to hear and sometimes a non-answer. Aleem also seemed married to to his suppliers and very reluctant to source other vendors when his couldn't supply what we wanted, even when we found a vendor that could. Generally a very good construction team and would consider using if I ever have the budget again.

Pat in Toronto
Pat in Toronto

Kitchen renovation and installation of 2 bathroom vanities with new sinks.

I would never use the company for a renovation again. The designer was the only good thing that happened on this project. The installation kept taking longer and longer because they had one installer for the cabinets and he was ill and kept rescheduling to complete the installation. The pot drawers still do not close properly and have to be fixed manually on a regular basis. The roll out drawers in the built in pantry keep slipping off the track because the width of the area was not measured properly. We asked for the ceramic tile installers to install tile on the backsplash and down to the floor behind the stove. We provided that tile and were told it was sufficient to complete the job. It was not. There is a space 2' x 2' that has no tile. My husband was home at the time and went and got more tile and by the time he came back the Tigers were gone. When I phoned andro s they basically did it wasn't their problem and gave me the tilers phone number as they had contracted it out and I phoned day after day and week after week and they never retipurned my calls. I believe that andro told them not to call us back. When I complained and held back $500 until the flaws in the cabinets were fixed etc their project manger called me at my place of work and yelled and me and threatened me that old better pay the rest of the money. Keep in mind the job was $12000 and I had held back $500 at the end for the fixes I had already requested and they had agreed to were fixed. Then one of the owners called me and she talked over me and wouldn't let me speak and blamed the delays on my husband and I and said we kept rescheduling which was completely untrue and it was them because their one lone available installer got ill and apparently they had o one to replace him. I ordered desert Sand oak cuboards and within a year they had darkened in colour so much they do not match the non oak desert sand trim around them. I decided on this company because they installed Canac kitchens which were considered at the time a really good quality product. I had this Reno done in 2003 and and I now have to look at either replacing the kitchen again or refinishing the cupboards by sanding and restaining them or painting them. Something I didn't think I would have to do. One of the cupboard doors cracked around the inside hinge and I had to fix it with glue and the door that covers the hidden bread board and knife drawer the frame screws are stripped and I can't use it as its falling apart. Horrible workmanship and being bullied by this business left a bad taste in our mouths. I was surprised to see that they are still in business.

Hello Pat - it is unfortunate that you did not have a good experience with Andros. The company is under new ownership since your renovation 14 years ago in 2003 and we pride ourselves on excellent design and great workmanship. If there is anything we can do to help you please feel free to reach out to us at your convenience.

Sara from Old Toronto
Sara from Old Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Kitchen renovation

I had a really good experience working with Andros. They are very professional and the design created is beautiful and functional. No other kitchen company designed a kitchen like Anastasia did. I am 100% happy and would use them again!

Sam from Toronto
Sam from Toronto

Full Bathroom renovation

I worked with Anna on my bathroom renovation and wanted to add a review on Homestars. They were very professional, clean and on time as per our expectations. Anna was always very honest with her opinion and helped me make the right decisions for our family. Her experience in planning our bathroom was exceptional and her recommendations on materials were amazing. I didn't use Andros for my kitchen and I regret it now. Anna's awards impressed me but her 20 years in the business was expressed through her professionalism. Dont make a mistake by going with a contractor or kitchen company that has no history or reputation.

Ashley in East york
Ashley in East york
1 review East York, ON

Kitchen Renovation

I worked with Andros Kitchen and bath designs and found my experience to be wonderful. I heard of Andros Kitchen and bath designs from seeing their truck at my neighbours house. I went to my neighbours house about a month later and asked to see their kitchen. Their kitchen was SO beautiful and were really happy with their designer and with the company (I have since seen my neighbours kitchen on a magazine!)
I requested to work with the same designer - Anastasia. From beginning to end, it was a pleasure. From the design to the contractors, project manager and products used - I wasn't disappointed. I would recommend using Andros Kitchen and bath designs to anyone.

Deborah Capek in Mississauga
Deborah Capek in Mississauga
1 review MISSISSAUGA, ON

Kitchen

I would never recommend Andros Kitchen - We had a very bad experience with them. Paid them a $1000.00 retainer and didn't receive even a drawing for the money. Too bad! they said they lost our drawings due to a computer error. We have a beautiful kitchen now! How did I pick someone to replace them? I went to the yellow pages and fournd the next kitchen renovation company that started with And and used them. The experience was a heck of a lot better than them trying to sell you on a design team which of course costs you more money. Learned a huge lesson from these people! Make sure you get a quotation in writing before you pay!

I would like to respond to the above statement:

Ms. Capek came to our company in 2007. Our records indicate we designed, quoted and presented the scope of the project to her.

After the client had been presented with a design and a quotation, she loved what we had created for her and wished to move forward with the project. She then gave us a retainer in order for us to proceed.

Our initial consultation and design is free. A retainer is requested only after the client is fully aware of what products and services are rendered for the quotation given. A designer spends on average 20-30 hours designing and pricing a kitchen and/or bathroom renovation. This includes a plan and elevation drawings, a list of renovations, cabinet specifications, countertop and accessory pricing.
When the client is fully prepared to proceed with the project, only then is a retainer given to Andros Kitchen & Bath Designs. This amount is credited towards the final price of the project. The retainer is not a design purchase price but rather a commitment to proceed with the project and get our contractor to the residence to inspect the construction requirements. Ms. Capek was fully aware of our policies as they are clearly stated directly on our retainer agreement.

Ms. Capek retained us 5 years ago. I don't know the reasons Ms. Capek didn't continue to work with Andros Kitchen & Bath Designs, or why she did not advise management of any dissatisfaction she may have had with our Company.

Again, it's unfortunate that we were not made aware of this client’s disappointment. If we did indeed "lose" her design, as she states in her testimony, then we would have profusely apologized and re-designed and re-quoted the project to her satisfaction.

Andros Kitchen & Bath Designs has been in business for over 20 years and our excellent reputation in the kitchen and bath industry has been established because of our customer service and our repeat clientele.

1 review ,

Bathroom renovation

I hired Andros Kitchen and Bath designs because I felt comfortable with my designer and the company's reputation. I would highly recommend this company. They designed a beautiful ensuite bathroom for me and my husband earlier this year. Anastasia was our designer. She was knowledgeable about everything especially renovations. She designed our ensuite and gave us a price. We were then asked to give her a retainer of 4K, which she explained so we can choose tiles and plumbing fixtures. Having her help us through the decision saved lots of time and everything looks so perfect together!!
The renovations went really well, their contractors were very clean and professional. I am so happy with the project!

Janet in Mississauga
Janet in Mississauga

Kitchen and family room planning and remodelling

Andros Kitchen & Bath Designs
905-678-1590
7050B Bramalea Rd, Unit #38
Mississauga
L5S 1S9

I never review companies but I was so impressed by Andros Designs that I had to tell everyone else how professional they are and how much more I enjoy my home. It is now an organized and peaceful retreat. I love coming home from work, cooking a meal and then sitting in my family room and loving that there is a place for everything. Tanya, one of the designers of Andros designed our kitchen and then I contracted her to do some interior design work. It was a pleasure working with her from the beginning. My kitchen/family room is a little awkward and I didn't know what to do with it. When she came to measure my kitchen to finalize the design she gave me a few ideas for the family room that just made sense! At that time we discussed her hourly fee and she proceeded to purchase all of my furniture, rug, coffee table, paintings, lighting fixtures and paint colours. The best part was that Andros was able to do all of this work for me. I didn't have to go find another contractor or spend countless hours on the web looking for things. Lenny was a wonderful contractor to deal with, his service was great...my favourite part was that everyday I came home he would clean up and mop the floors!!! I will take photos and post them on here later....thanks Andros, you are a gem!

High Park residence
High Park residence

Bathroom renovation

I am a past customer of Andros Kitchen & Bath Designs. In 2001, my husband and I decided to renovate our kitchen. We chose Andros because they did everything from start to finish. We were very happy with our kitchen. Everything ran smoothly and efficiently. The designer was always helpful and the contractors were amazing.

Last year we decided that we're going to renovate the bathroom. I have to say that I am very impressed with Andros. Again, they didn't let us down. We have a beautiful bathroom that is modern and beautiful. I would recommend this company to anyone for any project. We will be calling them again to do our built ins, in our family. Good job Andros!

Very Happy, Toronto
Very Happy, Toronto

Kitchen Renovations

I recently went through a large renovation project with Andros Kitchen & Bath Designs. I was referred to Andros by my neighbour who also had done work with them in the past. I was nervous to renovate because I've heard many horror stories from other people. When I went to Andros and met with Sonya the designer, I was immediately impressed with her ideas and knowledge. The company has won many design awards and now after completing my kitchen I know why.
She designed my kitchen with great accessiblity and we went through all of my cabinets in my new design to make sure all my items were placed in the proper location with ease of accessibility. Now I LOVE to cook in my kitchen.
The renovation itself was nothing less then incredible. Frank, Lenny and Slav (and the rest of their crew) were on time, clean and professional. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for design and/or renovations combined.

More about Andros Kitchen & Bath Designs

Andros Kitchen and Bath Designs is a ful service interior design firm. Our team is comprised of award wining and published Certified Kitchen and Bathrom Designers (CKD, CBD), Certified by the National Kitchen and Bath Asociation “The Finest Profesionals in the Kitchen & Bath Industry” and qualified Interior Designers. With ...
Looking for Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design pros in Thornhill?