We purchased a custom kitchen from Andros Kitchen and Bath Design and have regretted doing so ever since. We were told it is a high-end kitchen but do not believe this is the case. Aleem, the owner, oversaw the project and Marielisa was the designer. They provided the kitchen and installation, we took care of everything else (demolition, flooring, electrical, plumbing). The installation was scheduled to be done July 24-31, 2019 but due to a delay was completed August 26, 2019.
This was our experience:
• Cabinets arrived with some chips and black dirt which we had to scrub off and the installer attempted to cover, however they are still noticeable
• There are 2 gaps/openings on the underside of the upper cabinets in both corners, I do not believe this is a sign of high end cabinets.
• Kick plates were not provided for the dishwasher and stove openings, the installer patched them in
• There were gaps in the underside of our breakfast nook where the cabinets meet the counter, these were also patched by the installer
• The underside of the both the breakfast nook and pencil drawer in the desk are unfinished and fully exposed
• The corners of the crown molding are not clean or tight
• There was a poor design with the pot drawers as they are not able to extend fully without hitting my stove even though they were provided with the dimensions of all the appliances
• 2 additional rubber stoppers were requested and after much back and forth we were sent some that were much larger than the ones that came with the cabinets which the installer was not able to use for our kitchen. They eventually sent the correct stoppers by mail
• Our display cabinet was to have a glass shelf but we were provided a wooden shelf, upon pointing out the error we were told they would have to confirm with their contract although we provided them a copy of ours on site - eventually we were told we were correct and this mistake was rectified
• 1 year later a few cupboards have a smell
• When working with contractors it is customary to hold back 10% of the payment until the job is complete. When we attempted to hold back the final 5% (about $2000) we were threatened that the order of our counter and completion of the installation would be delayed until full payment was made. Reluctantly, and to prevent further delays, we provided the company the outstanding 5%.
On August 10, 2020 a filler piece of the upper cabinet (measuring apprx. 2inches x 37inches), which was originally patched by the installer, fell off and chipped. It was evident the piece was poorly installed with only 3 dabs of glue. On contacting Andros an appointment was set up for them to come and see what had happened later that same week. Aleem came, apologized and assured us it should not have happened and that a new piece would be ordered and measurements were taken for the order. A few days later we received an email stating Andros would incur the cost of the new piece ($200) however, as the one-year warranty had expired it would cost $350 plus HST (payable before the installer came) to correct their mistake and poor workmanship. When questioning the date the project was completed, which in my records was August 26, 2019, we were advised that date was a service call and completion was July 31, 2019. Note this means our incident happened 2 weeks following the end of the one-year warranty. Disappointed and upset we advised them that we would install the piece ourselves given we were not going to pay that kind of money for someone to glue the piece back on.
This piece was finally delivered October 23, 2020 however what was delivered was one large piece that we were advised we would have to cut to size ourselves. Why measurements were taken remains unknown and the lack of accountability was shocking. This is very poor customer service.
The amount of patchwork that was required in a custom kitchen was disappointing and we regret choosing a company that does not stand by its products or workmanship and pays no attention to detail. It seems to be all about the bottom line.
Please be weary of using this company and note that Aleem do not like to hear that he has done anything wrong and can be abrupt.
I have been asked for a referral by friends looking to re-do their kitchens and have refused to give it and tell them to look elsewhere.
We posted no review a year ago after the completion of the kitchen however, this was the last straw. We had to share our experience so that others are able to make an informed decision prior to undertaking something as large and expensive as a kitchen renovation.