Amosite

Reviews for Amosite

The Wilbertons
The Wilbertons

Asbestos Pipe Wrap Removal

We called Amosite based on reviews on Homestars. We purchased the house knowing that there was asbestos pipe wrap in the basement and wanted someone to inspect it to let us know if it was OK. David scheduled an appointment at 7:00am and arrived early at 6:50am, he answered all our questions and explained the pros and cons of removal vs. retention. When we decided to remove the asbestos, he and his team arrived early and was professional through the entire process. They left the basement in a cleaner condition then when they arrived and thoroughly explained what they had done. He even had a sample of insulation from the attic tested at an independent lab after one of our contractors expressed concern about it.

Resident
Resident

Oil Tank Removal

The work was professional and the supervisor came in to do a follow-up on some other issues. Hopefully, will save thousands in additional renovation costs relating to electrical and plumbing. Look forward to calling David and his staff in the future.

M in West Toronto
M in West Toronto
5 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Asbestos Consult

Mr. Hansraj recently gave me an asbestos consultation. I appreciate that he arrived early for the appointment, and did not rush. He is a very knowledgeable, honest person who was more than willing to answer any questions I had. Not only are his credentials impressive, but Mr. Hansraj genuinely cares about what he does. If we go ahead with asbestos removal (not required, but for peace of mind), he will definitely be our man! He is the kind of person you just know you're in good hands.

Saeed in Cedarvale
Saeed in Cedarvale

Asbestos and Oil Tank Removal

David and his team did fantastic work. They were highly professional and confidence-inspiring. They were organized, careful and thorough. Even though our basement was chock-a-block with boxes, sports equipment, and much more, David and his guys efficiently worked around the clutter, moving, securing and protecting contents. They also cleaned up after themselves, leaving the basement in better condition than when they started. Thanks guys!

roman weston
roman weston
1 review North York, ON

asbestos removal

amosite arrived early ahead of schedule was very polite and courteous i was impressed that they put down dropsheets to take care of my floor which had recently been done..The removal of the asbestos was done and i felt good that i made the right choice in hiring Amosite.. I highly recommend amosite

Jeremy in Little India
Jeremy in Little India

asbestos inspection

With my fiance nervous about having any asbestos in the house at all, it was nice to have Dave come by and give us some honest feedback - no pressure to get the job done, he told us that we could safely live with the asbestos we have if we take a couple of DIY steps and gave us a rough estimate if we decide to go with the abatement - all in 15 minutes before work on a weekday morning.

Matt in Etobicoke South
Matt in Etobicoke South
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Asbestos removal

Our first heating season in a new house was full of surprises - a boiler leaking CO, and asbestos-wrapped pipes leading in to it. A few frantic phone calls later (which we only made because the first quote we had - from Direct Energy - was so high that we felt we had to suffer the cold and shop around), and we were in touch with David, from Amosite. From the first contact on the phone until he left our property, he was great: knowledgeable, calm, and reassuring. His team not only did the job he quoted on and then some (but without 'and then some'-ing the price), but they were respectful of our situation (a 5 week old baby, and a 3 year old, both of whom were still sleeping), and arrived at 6:56 AM (4 minutes ahead of schedule). After the job was done, I asked him for a quote on removing the remainder of the asbestos in the area (we only removed what needed to be removed to pave the way for further work). I got not only a very fair quote, but also invaluable information. When Amosite left, I had not only gotten exactly what I needed to have done, I also knew a lot more about asbestos than I was able to learn online.

I will use him for any work that I can possibly have him do, and would recommend his team without a moment's hesitation.

White Shoes
White Shoes

Asbestos Removel Quote

amositebanner2conversion-1 (2).jpg Amosite
416-656-2584
85 Queens Plate Drive
Toronto
M9W 7K4

David came to quote me a price on asbestos removel in my furnace room (asbestos wrapped water pipes. He gave me a reasonale quote but more importantly, he gave me honest and frank advice - outlined pros and cons of removal versus keeping it in place, and/or wrapping it. Wrap was in good shape and asbestos was non-fiberous...not a risk and not worth removing at the end of the day. David could have easier sold me on the job but did not. To make matters better, when I called him a month later to get advice on wrapping (encasing) the pipes, he again took his time to give me advice pros and cons and where to get products to do the jo...again he did everything to help and never tried to up-sell me. Really refreshing to get honest advice from a contractor! I highly recommend Amosite to anyone who really needs asbestos removed from their house.

Anthony in South Eglinton/Bayview
Anthony in South Eglinton/Bayview

Asbestos Removal

amositebanner2conversion-1 (2).jpg Amosite
416-656-2584
85 Queens Plate Drive
Toronto
M9W 7K4

First off, special thanks to David at Amosite for being so responsive, proactive, helpful, and fair, thanks! Another special thanks to his team - Mauro and Hayden, all three gentlemen were exceptional and treated my home as if it was their own.

I was referred to Amosite on a late Friday afternoon (October 2009) by a GC/radiator specialist who I had visiting my house for an estimate to relocate an old heat radiator. The estimator informed me I had to remove some old asbestos found around my basement radiator pipes before they could begin. Within an hour I met David who went out of his way to meet my requirements and answer my questions. When they arrived on job day, 7am, he and his team were perfectly on time and work superbly together. Friendly and fast, great job. Quite honestly, I don't know what a bad asbestos removal job/experience is like, the thought alone is scary, but I feel confident enough to write this note feeling I now have a pretty fair idea of what a good job looks like. The pipes are now clean, my house was respected, proper care was taken, and as a customer I feel well looked after. Can't ask for more, happy to recommend them.

Aurelio from Toronto (York)
Aurelio from Toronto (York)

9.8/10

Removal and disposal of old oil tank

I was referred to Amosite and David through a family member as I had an old oil tank in my basement that my insurance company wanted me to remove.

I had checked with a number of other companies before deciding on using David. He seemed to be the most upfront, knowledgeable and responsible of those I spoke with. Also, I felt most at ease with the level of expertise, accredations and insurance his company had to carry out the work properly. I didn't want to take any chances with my insurance or with the potential environmental risks involved. Amosite was't the cheapest, but I felt most confident with them, and in the end, I felt it was well worth it.

David and his crew arrived in the alloted time and were very professional and courteous. They went about the work efficiently and they did as much as expected with the clean up.

Angie at the office was very nice and faxed the report to my insurance company and sent a confirmation letter to me in the mail.

Overall, I was very satisfied with Amosite and I would highly recommend them to anyone needed to remove an oil tank.

More about Amosite

Amosite Industries Limited.

**(ASK FOR PROOF OF DISPOSAL FROM ALL ABATEMENT CONTRACTORS BEFORE YOU ISSUE PAYMENT)**

Asbestos abatement Type 3 and Type 2 (MTCU Certified 253W and 253S).

Asbestos abatement Procedures for pipe insulation, heating ducts, stucco/popcorn ceiling, vinyl floor tiles, and boiler insulation.

Boiler and Oil Tank Removals: (PM2 and PM3 Certification).

Certificate for Disposal of Asbestos is always provided post abatement.