Amj Campbell

100 Milverton Drive Mississauga ON L5R 4H1

Reviews for Amj Campbell

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Awful customer service

We clearly should have read all of these awful reviews prior to booking our move with this company. Overall we were fairly satisfied with our move, they arrived later than scheduled but things went smoothly in the beginning. The trouble started when we were unpacking some of our boxes the next day. We were THRILLED to open a box with electronics that were COVERED in coffee. The coffee ruined one of our electronics and their customer service department could have cared less, taking 3-4 days to respond. The product was worth $125 but despite having purchased insurance we would still be required to pay the $100 deductible to be reimbursed. My favourite part was the "good will gesture" offered to us - $100 off of our next move - NO THANKS! Had the movers simply told us that they accidentally spilled their coffee, we would have simply cleaned it up and been able to salvage our items. This shows a lot about their character and they are certainly not the type of people I would trust my belongings with again. I would rather move my own things than ever use this company again.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Household Move

I can't express how disappointed my family was with the service provided by AMJ Campbell.

The entire quote process is deceptive, and bears no resemblance to the price you will pay once your items are on the truck (and won't be unloaded until the new price is paid).

The quality of the actual service is equally poor. Our shipment arrived significantly late, heavily damaged, and with a number of items lost or otherwise the victim of mysterious disappearance.

The entire claims/loss process provides no actual level of security for the customer.

Having significant familiarity with moving and major van lines, I can say only that you should strongly consider who you choose to entrust your belongings to, and pay close attention to the common themes in reviews. There are good options out there, choose one.

Very displeased in Vancouver
Very displeased in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

The ABSOLUTE WORST company!!!

Save your sanity and your money. The entire team at AMJ Campbell is the absolute worst. Theit communication skills are so abysmal, don't even think that if you have damage that they will ever respond to your emails or phone calls, cause they won't. They are with the parent company Atlas, which is the only reason we got stuck using these awful people. And it has been a fight since day one. They will damage your items and then ignore your communication until the claim dates expire. So you have nothing to stand on. They mark everything as having the highest level of damage as they pack up your truck - movers beware of this!!! I was so tired when I moved out and only noticed that they listed 10+ levels of damage to every piece of furniture I had moved a few days later. When I called them out on this and fought to speak to someone who was actually going to listen, I got their version of a "customer service manager" - who was such a righteous bully on the phone. There is a level of arrogance and ignorance with this company. I could honestly keep going with the problems I ran into...but there are honestly too many.

Again, mover beware. SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND MOVE WITH WAY WAY WAY BETTER PEOPLE!!!!!!

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Move

Company charged me over $3,500.00 to move and the workers set up all my beds incorrectly. My husband went to lay on bed and it broke immediately
We notified the company and they are refusing to fix it and is now asking me to pay deductible of $150.00, after we had already paid $200.00 for Insurance. Two weeks later, we are still sleeping on the floor.
The sales rep was very smooth in getting the deal, but now does not return calls.
Terrible service, would never recommend them nor use them again.

cara in Toronto
cara in Toronto

Never use this moving company. Never!

DO NOT USE THESE MOVERS. Not only did they delete my FB about the quality of their employees but they also broke the leg off my infants changing table and never told me. They simply placed the full dresser back onto a broken leg. This is a huge safety concern as the dresser could have toppled over while she was on it. Their employees are NOT trustworthy and fully knew what they were doing. DO NOT USE THESE MOVERS.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

The move from Hell

The area manager gives an estimate on the content, but they sent a truck that cannot take all the furniture and had to leave some furniture behind. Aggressive and impolite driver who treats people with no respect and lack of professionalism. Many pieces of furniture arrive broken and useless missing parts. Kitchen supplies and glass arrive totally broken although it had 'FRAGILE' on it . Their response: They not responsible for anything they did not pack themselves and do not replace what is broken although I bought insurance. The manager does not say any such thing when she was over for the estimate. The "customer" is always at fault as customer must have bought extra furniture than what was initially seen by manager which is not true. Customer did not pack properly, customer and team had a conflict of personality, etc... after many calls and arguments, they sent someone to fix some of the furniture but the rest is till scratched, chipped, wobbly, etc... Will never use this company ever again. Their employees treat the customer as if they were not saying a word of truth. I had a couple of months dealing with them and trying to get things right, but was not successful. They hire aggressive people to respond to complaints and if you do not agree, they say take it of leave as we will close the file

Private User reviews Montreal, QC

Moving from St. John's to Montreal

Worst of my 13 moves in Canada. This time I moved from Montreal to St. John's with 1541 lbs of personal items. Lived in St. John's for 4 years and came back to Montreal. Before returning, I donated at least 300 lbs of books, clothes, old computer and monitor, ornaments, etc. I purchased nothing new. AMJ Campbell billed me for 1565 lbs, i.e. more than the original 1541 lbs I went to NL with. A totally impossible weight. In addition, the inexperienced movers that came to pick up my stuff were careless, unfriendly and spent all the time joking around and/or arguing with each other while handling items. When I got my stuff in Montreal boxes with books were wet as if left in the rain or on a wet floor, practically every box was scratched or ripped, even my metal trunks had heavy scratches. This move was far from stress-free and pleasant. All the time there was a sense that items were not treated safely. Very unprofessional movers.

purrotse from Mississauga
purrotse from Mississauga
1 review Peterborough, ON

Moving

Many items were lost while in storage. A desk that had eight legs now has none. An antique china cabinet is missing the shelves. Shouldn't these items be with the piece of furniture in question? Why should we have to look through hundreds of boxes. What incompetence!! It is frustrating and stressful to move and to add to this, lost items. We will be processing a claim for compensation. I will never recommend AMJ Campbell. I regret this decision and I only hope that people will chose an alternate moving company.

Jeff from Mississauga
Jeff from Mississauga
1 review Hamilton, ON

Moving around the block

Their estimator seriously underestimated the size of the move, requiring the movers to have to make a second trip. We were quoted an amount to pack the entire house and told the more we packed, the lower the cost would be. We packed about 3/4 of the house and were still charged about 90% of the estimate. When asked for a refund, their only response was they had a signed estimate.

Eileen Strombom from Guelph
Eileen Strombom from Guelph
1 review Kitchener, ON

Moving and Packing from Kitchener to Guelph ON

They guaranteed the cost of the move within 10% but it exceeded that (leaving an allowance for the extra pick up of 40 minutes). I paid $1,200 to have them pack and the job of packing was unacceptable. Some items were broken but they made no attempt to replace any broken items. The clothes in the wardrobes were just thrown/jammed in. They took the money from my credit card before checking to see if the job was satisfactory. The deposit was $150. however, at the time of booking they wrote down my credit card number on a piece of paper, therefore they didn't have to check with me before submitting the rest of their balance. They also transported a new sofa from a store to our same condo during the same move (which took an additional 40 minutes according to the driver) and also did some damage. They made no attempt to take care of it. I paid $200.00 insurance which I feel was a money grab. I have pictures to prove all of this. I attempted to get a hold of the fellow that booked our move a couple of times during the move with no success. I would hesitate to recommend this mover.

More about Amj Campbell

AMJ Campbell is not about simply moving belongings, we take pride in relocating families and their p
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Mississauga?