Amj Campbell

Very Disgruntled in Winnipeg
Very Disgruntled in Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

moving household items from Paris, France to Winnipeg

I moved household items from my late mother's Paris apartment to my house in Winnipeg. Much of my furniture arrived broken. When I raised this with AMJ Campbell they simply told me that I should have taken out insurance. It strikes me that insurance or no insurance, the company still have a duty to ensure that items are treated with due care and attention, which they clearly did not exercise. On top of that, they key to the bureau was "lost" as was the attachments needed to attach my mother's mahogany table to its legs. All together, a horrible experience, Would not have this company move anything.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

AMJ moving

AMJ moving company was horrible they arrived over 3hours late, took time smoked in my front and back yard most of the time, did not bring proper moving equipment, damaged my property and over charged me. I do not recommend this moving company at all it is horrible customer service and their movers need proper training. If you can't move or don't want to work find another job. The supervisors are unprofessional and over charge you for work nor completed.

Armand in Toronto
Armand in Toronto
1 review Montreal, QC

God bless all using this company's services

I am an old man of 85, a visitor here in Canada. I sent some furniture to my family here using a European company which hired amj campbell as a sub contractor but had I known them before!!!!!
This company is a black stain on good name of both Canadians and Canada, anyone working with them are entitled to unprofessional, arrogant, amateur service in each and every aspect of these words. I simply wanted to warn you if you still need your experiences go for it this is going to give you the most rich of all experiences!

Private User reviews Thunder Bay, ON

Do Not Contract This Mover

Hired AMJ Campbell for a move within City of Thunder Bay. Our relocation was sudden, with no time to sort and pack much of our own belongings. The estimate provided grossly underestimated the time required and the number of boxes.
Due to the circumstances of our move, we have yet to unpack the majority of boxes--9 months later--but in those we have opened, we found numerous broken items. Fragile items were thrown in with books. Some boxes contained mostly paper wrapped plastics and non-fragile objects. Collectibles with more than one part we're divided among different boxes. There was no sense to how things were packed​.
The packing, loading and delivery dates were scheduled at the company's convenience; not ours. My husband and I had to miss work to be available for the movers. The men took 10 to 15 minute coffee breaks every 15 to 20 minutes and all work came to a standstill. Ultimately, they left one guy to finish packing, which may explain why things were thrown in boxes willy-nilly.
The movers had a fight in public outside our new house, yelling and screaming and then threw boxes back onto the truck to be delivered several days later--at their convenience, again.
The whole experience was horrendous, and if I ever move again, AMJ Campbell will not be the movers we hire. We hired them because a co-worker recommended them. I strongly discourage residential customers from hiring this company.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Terrible

Never use this company. The truck sent was too small and we had to load stuff in our own vehicle. They damaged things and 4 months later we are still waiting for compensation.

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Applicance delivery from Home Depot

AMJ is apparently the preferred company that Home Depot Canada uses to deliver their appliances to customers that purchased a major appliance from HD....not sure why HD would ever trust these clowns because their service is AWFUL!
Our new dryer was delivered in early September 2016 with a dent on the bottom front of it...when the AMJ driver unpacked it he told me he would offer me a $100 rebate cheque in the mail. I was a bit skeptical but I accepted his offer. BIG MISTAKE. First red flag was that he never even gave me a copy of the form that I signed, only the bottom portion of it which hardly had any information on it... no company information, no phone # to call if I had a question or issue. 6 weeks later, of course, no cheque has been mailed to me. I called AMJ, they pass the buck and say the rebate cheque is coming from Maytag. I called Maytag, and they tell me they have no record of this issue. Luckily I took a picture of the entire form I signed, and my next visit will be at the Home Depot where I purchased this dryer to ask them about my rebate. Home Depot need to know about this, and they will. If you ever receive a damaged appliance from AMJ and they offer you a "rebate", tell them NO, and return the appliance to get one that is not damaged!

Builder in Toronto
Builder in Toronto

High Expectations....poor performance

Extremely disappointed with this company.
1. Company sub-contracted out the move to another company.
2. Movers dragged out the move to fill their day.
3. I had to jump in and unload the truck myself to push them to finish the job and leave my property.
4. Empty water bottles, tape rolls, and balls of tape were left behind.
5. The movers urinated in the new basement toilet that was not yet hooked up and I had to return at night to clean out the fixture and the trash they left behind.
6. Emails sent to the President were not returned.
7. The Director of Customer Relations emailed me to offer a discount of $135 due to the negative feed-back.

This company is a joke. *****DO NOT USE*****

Private User reviews Thunder Bay District, ON

Packing and Moving

We're given an estimate for packing and moving contents of home. Initially told 2 days, one to pack, then the second to load/ unload van. Day one we got 2 men, one of whom was highly efficient. Then we were told it would be a 3 day Job. Only one guy showed up to pack today, the other "didn't show up for work". The packer is worth every dollar he gets, but I'm not at all impressed by the company that has caused us enormous inconvenience and stress.

Charles in Mississauga
Charles in Mississauga
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Very poor

Don't use very very late then held furniture not reliable as a company made poor excuses as to why did what they did. Find any other company to use. Poor excuse of a company

More about Amj Campbell

AMJ Campbell is not about simply moving belongings, we take pride in relocating families and their p
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Mississauga?