Amati Bath Centre & Wholesale

Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories
105 Doncaster Ave Thornhill ON L3T1L6
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Amati Bath Centre & Wholesale

We just renovated our laundry room and purchased our faucet and laundry sink from Amati. I was looking for a well priced stainless steel, deep laundry sink and tried many places that only had shallow ones. Amati had exactly what we were looking for and I was able to deal with their professional, knowledgeable and extremely helpful staff. They also have a large variety of products to chose from.
At the same time as my laundry purchase, they also dealt with a warranty issue on a faucet part that was bought a year ago for our master bathroom reno. They order a new part and replaced the faulty part with no problem.

Afshan kinder from Toronto

Thought I'd try his place with a small purchase first before the larger one. We rent out a condo and wanted to replace a light fixture. It didn't fit and he return process to get he refund was lengthy for no reason and frustrating. Not a big purchase and return was within 2 weeks. Sales person wouldn't return calls and finally had to come in and stay until someone spoke to me. Buyer beware - interested in sales and not service post sales.

Job Price

The staff are amazing to deal with. They have seen 2 warranty issues through for me and very fast. Rely on these guys for all my fixtures and plumbing needs

Dario from Thornhill

My and I recently decided to renovate a house in Thornhill. We heard from a few contractors and builders that Amati has beautiful top notch quality products. So we went there to Amati and they provided us with amazing sales experts and were very knowledgeable about their products. The sales representative was able to explain the pros and cons of the products. They were nice and listened to our concerns. We told our contractor the products we want from them. Our washrooms and kitchen are absolutely beautiful. I was very pleased with their service and I would definitely recommend them to friends and family.

Bob from Toronto
1 review Thornhill, ON

The staff that advised me with totally inaccurate advice about when I should place my order for sinks and faucets for my kitchen Reno and then delayed my kitchen Reno my 7 weeks! They then tried To tell me I owe them more money rather than them providing me some compensation for having to eat out for an additional 7 weeks!! Totally outrageous. The customer service throughout all of this has been terrible. No accountably whatsoever for their mistakes.

Jana from North York
7 reviews North York, ON

I was very happy with the service I got here. The staff was efficient and friendly. I was helped quickly when I asked for assistance. I knew what I was looking for and I directed to the right product. They helped to make sure the toilet was also loaded in my car for me as I didn't want delivery.

B in North York
1 review North York, ON

We purchased sinks and faucets for our kitchen and bathrooms in our new house. The selection was great, especially for higher-end brands. The service was excellent and the price was competitive.

Eric Fraenkel in Thornhill
2 reviews THORNHILL, ON

The old bottom wipe piece of my shower that prevents the water from seeping though needed to be replaced.

I finally stopped by Amati one day to purchase a replacement part. They told me that they didn't have the normal full length part but only a half length unit which they said they would sell to me for less.

I looked at it and compared it to the one I had. I had sufficient length with the new one so said I would buy it.

That clear piece of plastic about a meter long cost me 45$ plus taxes (50.85!!) I thought it was quite expansive but thought "renovations are always expansive, ok maybe!" and I returned home.

But I had an eerie feeling about this. So when I arrived home I checked the clear plastic sleeve that it was in and saw a part number and a manufacturing company. So I Googled them and entered the part number on their website. It required to be a registered client and a company registered with the government to see the unit prices. SO, I registered my company and sent the proof that it is a registered business. Quickly I could access the wholesale unit price of the part I purchased retail from Amati.

The normal 2 meter length (there is no half length) of the same clear plastic bottom wipe rail wholesales for 7 dollars and 19 cents. SEVEN DOLLARS versus the FIFTY dollars they charged me for just a piece of it.

So I came to the following conclusions regarding AMATI.

- There is no half length at the manufacturer so what AMATI sold me is a used part. What they said to me though is they didn't have the normal full length but only a half length. They are not that honest.

- The 2m part wholesales for 7 dollars, they would have sold me a 2 meter part for 100$, that's 14 times its cost. That's a 1425% profit. I don't know any business with that kind of margin. They do not conduct trustworthy business, without calling them thieves!

When I realized the difference in cost, the same day I purchased the part from them I walked back and got my money back pretending it didn't fit and got it from the manufacturer directly. I cut about 40 cm out of the 2 meters and I am left with a good 1m50 of the part. Next week I will walk back to Amati and offer them to repurchase my leftover part for 20$! Showing them their old invoice and pretending they are getting it at a good deal since it is a 40% profit for them should they sell it again at the price they sold it once to me. We will see what they say and I will report back to you!

In the meantime, stay away or watch closely what they bill you for and do your homework.

Girl in Markham
22 reviews Scarborough, ON

Love the vast amount of choices presented before me. Tons of different brands to choose from, so I was able to find the perfect item. Staff answered all the questions I had. Would go there again for more bathroom related renovations.

ben in Seagrave
1 review Seagrave, ON

We purchased bath fixtures from this store. We found the service to be good. We found they had competitive prices and they had a good selection to choose from. We liked the fact that his store had lots of brand names in stock.