Alternative Creations

Reviews for Alternative Creations

sibcole1 in Toronto
sibcole1 in Toronto

California Shutters

Beware! Do not purchase from this company! I purchased some blinds from Alternative Creations several years ago from Matt. The product was wonderful and so was he. At the time we discussed getting California shutters as well, and he told me about the warranty.
I ended up buying my shutters last year. This does not seem to be the same company anymore. I dealt with Tunde Veraszto, Consultant Manager. The shutters were over 4 months late, but I put up with the delay because Tunde told me that they had to move to a new supplier and they were very backlogged. I finally had the shutters installed. A warranty, however, is useless if the company never returns your calls. To say that this company has bad customer service, would be to indicate that they have any at all. I called ... you always get the answering machine ... I think it still has Matt's voice on it, so made me think he still worked there. Tunde called me back the next day. I explained to her that one of the shutters would not close properly and that the installation of all of the shutters prevented my swing-in windows from swinging in anymore; something I had not been advised of in advance. Tunde made an appointment with me for the following week. She said it was no problem, just a matter of adjustment. No one showed for the appointment. I called and left a message asking what was going on. No response. I called two weeks later saying I was very upset and to please get back to me immediately. No response. And no response in the two months since. This company appears to me to be very dishonest
and it seems to me that they have no intention of honouring their warranties. Do not buy from them unless you want to waste thousands of dollars, as I did.

Tracy Fruist in Toronto
Tracy Fruist in Toronto

Shutters

Very Satisfied with the overall experience with Alternative Creations. We had purchased shutters for the main level of our home and they look great ! Very pleasent to deal with and would recommend this company and there services.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Shuttered Out

We are quite upset with Alternative Creations. 1/3 of the contract was paid as a deposit upfront in February 2017. We were delayed multiple times and had expressed a desire to have the shutters installed by the end of the summer (August). Well... they are not installed in our home. Numerous attempts to discuss this matter with Alternative Creations via phone and e-mail have gone unanswered. I finally spoke with Tunde a few weeks ago and requested that our deposit be refunded. Again, no satisfaction or willingness on the part of Alternative Creations to provide a refund. DO NOT PUT ANY MONEY DOWN. COD all the way or say goodbye to your downpayment. Sad, very sad indeed.

Susan Hasledon from Ajax
Susan Hasledon from Ajax
3 reviews Whitby, ON

California Shutters

Very upset with the service of Alternative Creations. I used them years ago to install shutters in a few rooms of my home and back then they were great. In December 2016 I ordered shutters for another window. 5 months later, in April 2017, I still had not received my shutters and ended up having to go elsewhere. In addition to their constant excuses for the shutters not being ready, once the initial contact was made, the only method of communication has been via email. Whenever I telephoned, I could only get voice mail and any messages would not be answered. Very poor customer service. I will never use them again nor will I recommend them.

Jodie P in Toronto
Jodie P in Toronto
1 review Lakefield, ON

Screen Blinds

We had a great experience with Alternative Creations! They installed Screen Blinds in our new home in Peterborough and we are very happy with the way that they have turned out. Tunde was great with helping us with the fabric selection and the installer was professional and polite.

Shannon Walkers in Ottawa
Shannon Walkers in Ottawa

Custom Roman Shades

We used Alternative Creations to do custom Roman Shades Valances in our Ensuite. They were very helpful with the fabric selection and the style. The overall product just adds that extra touch that we were looking for. Thank you!!

Private User reviews Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Very disappointed with this company. We found them at one of the Toronto Home shows and thought that they were a reputable company. We ordered our shutters in April of 2016. This company took 50% of the payment upfront. We were given a 5 week time frame. it is now 3 months later and we have no shutters. They have been delayed 3 times and they blame it on the manufacturer. I called them again today but I can never get a live person on the phone and have to leave a message. Please DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for your window treatments...go with a reputable company..unless you like to throw your hard earned money away.

JAN DILLION in Whitby
JAN DILLION in Whitby

California Blinds

We recently had our California Shutters installed by alternative creations and was very happy with the way they look and also block out that extreme heat. Was very please with the customer service and also the final product.

Steve & Diane in Oshawa
Steve & Diane in Oshawa
3 reviews Oshawa, ON

California Shutters - Very Mixed Review

I chose Alternative Creations to install shutters on the top floor of my house. Alternative Creations originally did the entire bottom floor of my house over 10 years ago and was very pleased with the quality and service. This was the reason I had returned to this dealer. Unfortunately, six months later, we still had not received our order. At this point and time we had no other choice but to choose another dealer.

More about Alternative Creations

We have covered over 30, 000 windows in the past 16 years, providing the best service possible
Looking for Drapery & Curtains pros in Whitby?