Alpine Roofing

Reviews for Alpine Roofing

Claudio
Claudio

Roof replacement

Excellent work : very fast , very clean , i would highly recommend Alpine Roofing for reshingling your roof.

Alex
Alex

100% Recommended - Roof replacement - The Beaches Toronto

Alpine Roofing replaced the entire roof for my house and detached garage. The work was flawless, and the service was even better, from quoting to execution and payment/warranty.

Quoting: Robert was super helpful, he entertained and answered all my questions (I know nothing about roofing). There was no sales pressure at all. Pricing was very competitive.

Execution: I love the new roof. It looks awesome. The installers were very punctual and it was obvious that they knew what they were doing since the moment they showed up. The work took two days, they took care of clearing my patio furniture so they had space to work, they also put it back on at completion. I was not expecting them to remove the garbage bin after day one, which they actually did (nice surprise). In short. Very professional.

Payment/Warranty: William and the AR team are very professional and friendly.

The Kicker: From time to time things happen, and this time it happened to me. Unfortunately, one of the installers dropped a roof sheet on my brand new air conditioner (honest mistake). Fixing these systems is not cheap at all. William and team took care of the claim in a timely manner. I did not have to deal with insurance companies (Alpine Roofing took care of all the admin behind). I was able to use my AC provider (the one I trust), and I was reimbursed for the AC fixes within two days. What else could I possibly expect?

Good companies are the ones that take responsibility for those situations and turn them into customer wins. I still have to do the flat roof in my house - the one on top of the balconies. I will 100% use Alpine Roofing service for this.

If you were lucky enough to bump into Alpine Roofing. Your research paid off. Enjoy your new roof.

Lina DiFelice  in Toronto
Lina DiFelice in Toronto

Proud and Responsible

Alpine Roofing, Mimi Caushi, and his crew replaced my roof, installed leaf guards, drains, down spouts and covered the window ledge with aluminum. It was a spectacular job...thorough, efficient and very neat. Mimi came to inspect the job a few times. I now need some work on my sky light. Mimi sent an appraiser over, and most recently, came to look at the job personally. Without a doubt, this company takes great pride in their work and take full responsibility for leaving the client completely satisfied. I highly endorse Alpine Roofing.

Thank so much, Lina, for your excellent review.

Wayayi in Old Toronto
Wayayi in Old Toronto

Roof

I like their honesty and professionalism. One guy called Jaime ( estimator) was really reliable. I have used them in the past and never had issues. I would recommend this company.

Hello Wayayi,
Thank you for your nice review.

B.A. M.
B.A. M.

I researched Roofing before starting to interview a few people to re-roof my house
As soon as I talked to the Alpine representative I knew Alpine was the company for me
I received a detailed assessment of what was required and what materials they would use They did not try to cut corners and used quality materials.
When the Roofers arrived on the job they were polite, well equipped and thorough including the cleanup after.
I feel a new roof is a major house maintenance project. Knowing it was done right gives me peace of mind for years to come.
A quality company with quality people

Kenneth in Thornhill
Kenneth in Thornhill

Terrible customer service after windstorm

Not a great experience with them. The windstorm this May blew off a couple of shingles, fine shouldn't be a problem. Tried to call them to see if their workmanship warranty covers and they said no, the winds were too strong (only 80km/h as per environment Canada). So they said their manager Renatto would call me back.. I called back 3 times and they keep saying he's busy and will call back. Rain hits my bare roof yesterday and leaks through, so I call back a fourth time only to have another lady tell me I need to go through Manufacturer warranty.

The manufacturer told me they were surprised that Alpine did not help with processing the claim (ie. make the repair, take sample pics, everything needed for claim).. which makes me think these guys either don't know what they're doing or they will leave you hanging when there are issues with the roof down the road. And trust me there will be issues..

Hello Kenneth, please send us your address & phone number at [email protected]

Heather in Scarborough
Heather in Scarborough

Do not stand behind their work

Alpine installed my roof 6 years ago. During the wind storm the shingles flew off leaving half of my roof exposed. When I called the line was busy for 2 days, then someone kept answering and hanging up or leaving the phone off the hook but not saying anything, and then finally I got through to one of their cell phones (as I had it from before). They informed me that someone was going to come on Friday but no-one showed up, then Saturday, then Monday, then Tuesday but still no-one showed up. They then told me that they could not come for 2 weeks. Meanwhile the rain was pouring into my house. If they had been honest - I would have gotten another company to do the repair. They have also told me the warranty that I have does not actually cover anything and they will not honour it - despite the fact that is says it will cover winds up to 110K and the winds were only 100k.
They do not stand behind their work.

Hello Heather,
Please send us your address & phone number at [email protected]

Ina Maria
Ina Maria

Ripping off my mother-in-law

My mother in law has been using Alpine Roofing for almost as long as she's had the house - or as long as they've been around.
I kept telling her to stay away from them, because they have extremely bad reviews on other sites. She said she trusted them and that they haven't done her wrong.

Fast forward to the April 2018 windstorm - she called them, they came out right away, fixed the roof and went away - as she was covered under her warranty with them.

Fast fast forward to May 2018 windstorm - she called multiple times - each time, leaving her name, address and phone number in a voicemail and with someone directly. Both times they "lost" her information and never showed up to fix her roof - 4-5 pieces missing, nothing crazy.

She finally got through to someone, only to be told that it'll be a MINIMUM of $500 and that they can send someone over for a quote. She was asking why she would be quoted when she should be under warranty? He said it's not covered.

She asked why she covered 4 weeks ago and not today. He said it's not covered. She then said well, you're going to lose clients because I've recommended you and I've used you over decades. He said "have a good day" and hung up.

I am astounded that you have such good reviews on here while on other sites, people are expressing the exact same issues.

My mother in law is a senior. She lives on a smaller income than you make probably in a day's work. I am astounded that you can try and "cash in" on the May windstorm. How does your warranty vary between storms? Do you just sit there making it up as you go?

You've been around for a long time and sadly, people know your name. You take advantage of people and leave them hanging, without a fixed roof because you need to cash in. Stop offering warranty if you aren't going to show up anyway. Or is that your way of making people feel comfortable with your services until you change your mind about them? They'll pay you 6K for a roof only to find out 6 years later that they're not going to have any luck.

You should be ashamed of yourselves and have a serious restructuring of your company, since your sense of customer service went out the window a long time ago.

Just remember: your customers are your bread and butter. What happens if you lose them all? Or do you have another, larger warranty to offer the new ones only to mess with them later, too? Is this your contingency plan, really, Alpine???!

Hello Ina,
We are sorry for the delay, we were extremely busy after that severe windstorm.
According to your response in a different online review, your mother in law ended up fixing her own roof.

Third Eye Photographics
Third Eye Photographics

Shingles Blow Off in Wind, Shoddy Workmanship, Bad Customer Service

Alpine stripped and reshingled our roof (1950s era Scarborough bungalow) back in 2007, and at that time there were issues with the installers failing to put in contracted and specified roof vents, etc., requiring them to remove about half of the shingles they had just installed and then do it all over again. Big mess with roofing nails left strewn all over the driveway afterwards, requiring call-backs to have them come and clean up (and a flat tire on my car). However, since then we've not had any problems.

Fast forward to April 2018. The first wind storm peeled back a large patch of shingles on the rear section of the roof. Alpine was able to come out and fix it ASAP for $350 plus tax. But only two weeks later, the second wind storm peeled off even larger area above section just repaired, plus about a third of the shingles on one side of the roof, leaving it very exposed and open to water infiltration.

While I appreciate that all the roofers in the GTA were swamped with calls, it took days to get hold of anyone on the phone or email at Alpine. When I finally did, they came by and quoted and we signed for having the work done for $500 plus tax ASAP. Alpine could not provide even temporary tarping of the damaged area, but assured me that the job would be done within a few days. Well, that was a week ago. Nobody has shown up to fix the roof. I am now very concerned about water damage that could destroy the entire house. We are expecting rain tomorrow.

I called Alpine today, and they cannot find our quote nor address in their system (which makes no sense, given they just did work that they were already paid for a few weeks ago). They put me through to the cell of their installer / quote guy for the area, "David", who was very rude to me and told me "too bad" it could be "2 to 3 weeks" before anyone fixes the damage, and I could "just wait like everybody else". Wow.

I could have hired somebody else and had this done by now.

Worthy of note that only my house and one across from us that both had shingles done by Alpine lost shingles, while those on both sides of us were perfectly fine. Other roofers looked at the nails used and product and advised it was extremely an cheap grade of shingle and improper nails -- hence why they blow off so easily. Do I believe them?

If there is damage from rain, I guess I should sue Alpine Roofing for negligence / breach of contract.

FYI: I am having the asphalt shingles replaced with a steel roof in August, for long-term peace of mind ... but not by Alpine.

Hello there,
Please send us your address & phone number at [email protected]

Roofing job

The roof is less than 10 years old and tiles have been replaced three times - the only house on the block to lose shingles each time. Terrible workmanship and even worse service. They even wanted to charge me after this last time!

Hello there,
Please contact our offices, we want to look into your case further

More about Alpine Roofing

Alpine Roofing Is Southern Ontario's premier roofing company, our specialties also include Siding, Gutters & Eavestroughs, Chimney Build & Repair.