Allan Rug Company Ltd

HomeStars  >  Carpet & Rug Retailers in Toronto  >  Allan Rug Company Ltd

Reviews for Allan Rug Company Ltd

Marsden in York
Marsden in York

wall to wall carpeting in entrance, stairs and landing

Allan Rugs was recommended to us by friends and we could not have been happier. They have great stock at excellent prices, especially for the quality. We found fantastic wool carpeting for hard-wearing areas. The installer (John) was amazing. We definitely benefited from his experience when it came to working out the transition zones from carpet to hardwood at doorways. He also did a beautiful and careful job of both removing and then meticulously reinstalling the quarter round. That it had been removed at all was pretty much invisible by the time he was done. Definitely a five star experience all round!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Glad everything turned out so well . Enjoy!! Beverley

Debby from Etobicoke in York
Debby from Etobicoke in York

Stair runners and foyer area carpet

We recently popped into Allan Rug Co. and met Beverley.
We had a carpet sample from another company and asked if they carried it. Their quote was more reasonable for this expensive product. Beverley also showed us some less expensive alternatives (which we did not go with). It was a pleasure dealing with Beverley as well as Paul the installer who did a perfect job.

Thank you. It was also a pleasure dealing with you All the best and hope to see you again soon. Beverley

Bruno in York
Bruno in York

Luxury Vinyl Planks Product and Service

I had to get my laminate floor replaced at my condo due to water flood. i found this place called Allan Rug near Dufferin St while looking at other places. I must say that the experience right from I walked in the door, to product selection, and delivery was phenomenal. I replaced my laminate floor with LVP (Luxury vinyl plank) and looks amazing. Thanks to all staff at Allan Rug for their great customer service, specially Robert and Beth who made the experience a great one during this major renovation.

I would definitely recommend them and will definitely use them again.

Many thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review. We really appreciate it and wish you all the best!

Chrissy from Toronto
Chrissy from Toronto

Installers damaged baseboards

Sales staff are professional and certainly know their products. Good prices because i think they buy in bulk. Very unhappy with the installation. The Installer left long knife marks across all 4 sides of the floor baseboard. Very obvious and deep knife marks. Carpet not cut well around the floor vents. Nails can be felt around the sides. I called the shop to complain to which they really didn't care too much or want to remedy. They had made their sale and not too bothered about customer satisfaction or craftsmanship at that point.

A.R. North Toronto
A.R. North Toronto

Living Room Rug

I recently purchased 3 rugs for 2 clients through Jason at Allan Rug. As a designer I often go to stores to source materials. Dealing with Jason was an absolute pleasure. He never pressured us into placing the order so he could get a sale and took the time to help me find exactly what I was looking for. The price at Allan Rug was better than anywhere else and so was the shopping experience.
The delivery/set up men were equally impressive. They took their time to measure the room to ensure that the rug, which is very large, was properly placed. They were so meticulous it was as though they were working in their own homes. They also moved all the furniture out of the room and set it up again once they were done.
Shopping at Allan Rug is truly a great experience and it has now become my store of choice when shopping for myself and my clients.

mgokulachandra in Toronto
mgokulachandra in Toronto

Buyer Beware

Shortly after moving into our new home, we chose Allan Rug to install carpets in our living room, family room and stair runners on our stairs. We decided to place our trust in them since they specialized in carpet and flooring. We spent thousands of dollars on these carpets and received the worst customer service in return. My carpets were delivered with what turned out to be the worst customer service I have ever received anywhere.

Our living rom carpet and stair runners were ordered in mid-September and installed shortly after. In the process of ordering and installation there were 5 people from Allan Rug involved- the salesperson, a person who came to measure our carpet, and 3 installers. Not one of these people mentioned that the floors under the living room carpet needed to be screwed down.

A few days after installation I had other tradespeople come in (painter, another flooring person) and all expressed surprise that the floors underneath had not been screwed down when the carpet had been replaced. When I contacted Allan Rug about this I was told that I should have known that the floors should be screwed down and that it would be an extra charge of several hundred dollars to pull them back and screw them down. I was told it was my responsibility to manage the installation and that it was not their fault that I did not tell them that the floors underneath were squeaky. This from a company whose bread and butter is flooring, while I, a mere consumer, should have known.

We ordered our family room carpet at the same time in mid-September and were told that it would normally take 2 weeks for the carpet to arrive, but this time, due to manufacturer delays, it would take 4 weeks instead. They took a 50% deposit for the carpet so I was stuck with them. In mid-October, I called them (no one bothered to call me) and asked where the carpet was. I was told it was somewhere in the US and they had no idea when it would come and they would call me when it did. After mid-October, each time I contacted the salesperson, Beverly Bender, multiple times and I received no response. She would not answer my emails or calls. At this point I would have stopped calling if they did not have my 50% deposit.

Finally, someone else called to coordinate the installation in early November (7 weeks after we ordered the carpet). The installers arrived 5 hours late (at 5pm rather than noon) and told me they were about to leave since I wasn’t at home. (I had gone out to pick up my kids from school). They started work at 5pm and stayed until 9pm.

During the installation, they did not put dropcloths on the stairs or anywhere in our house. After they finished installation of the carpet in the family room I discovered that they had left large oily footprints on 3 of the new stair runners. When I called them to ask them to fix this they told me they wanted $300 more to fix this issue. They claimed that they had nothing to do with the issue.

I will not be calling them again. I would rather pay someone else to fix this issue and hope never to deal with them in the future. The only thing they were very prompt with was charging my credit card for the installation (immediately each time).

Based on my terrible experience with them, I suggest that consumers go elsewhere for their carpet and flooring needs.

Gale Conrad from Markham
Gale Conrad from Markham

carpet installation

We were very impressed by this company. Beverley in the showroom was very patient & thorough in her explanations of various product types. The installers, John & Paul were excellent. They arrived on time, did an excellent job on 2 flights of stairs, hallway & bedroom areas. We could not have been more pleased with the outcome.

Del321 from Toronto
Del321 from Toronto

Carpet Supply / installation

Ordered a carpet, paid half up front about a week before delivery / installation. A get a call the day of the installation, (20 minutes before the "crew" arrived), demanding full payment. After complaining that they were trying to strong arm me into paying before the job was done Robert relented, One guy showed up to do the work and I had to help. Never use them again...poor experience,

Our policy like most businesses is for a deposit at the time of order and the balance due at installation. When you gave us the go ahead to order the carpet aprox. 2-3 weeks before the installation we asked for a deposit. Your credit card was declined and we notified you about this. it took more than a few days to clear up your credit card issues and return our phone calls. Because of this issue we put the balance due when the installer went to do the installation. We did not demand payment or strong arm you into paying. We called to tell you the installer was on his way so you could let him into the house, and to inform you that your credit card was declined again.
Furthermore, when we first spoke about doing this installation you told me that you would be on the jobsite all day and would help the installer if needed. The installer was completely capable of doing the installation on his own as he always does.
We put the balance through after you cleared up your credit card issues and ultimately when the job was done to your's and your client's satisfaction, who referred Allan Rug to you since we had done the original installation in the house.
We always do our best to satisfy our customers, of which the majority of whom are repeat customers, referrals, designers and general contractors.
In this instance the issue was between you and your bank and not with the quality of our work.
Sincerely,
Alan Montekio

More about Allan Rug Company Ltd

The Allan Rug Company Limited offers a full range of commercial and residential carpeting in wool, nylon, sisal and neddlepoint. We take pride in providing our clients with expert installation from seasoned craftsmen. We also cary a large selection of area rugs, including collections from Kathy Ireland, Missoni, Stanton, Kane, …