Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Carpet & Rug Retailers
1547 Merivale Road Nepean ON K2G 4V3
HomeStars  >  Carpet & Rug Retailers in Ottawa  >  Alexanian Carpet & Flooring
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Michelle in Innisfil
1 review Hamilton, ON

I could not be more impressed with the customer service I received from Jeff at the Alexanian Carpet & Flooring on Upper James in Hamilton. From my first telephone conversation to delivery, he was amicable, professional, courteous, humourous and a pleasure to deal with throughout - and this for a rather minor purchase. Jeff will be my first contact when in need of any flooring, whether it be hardwood, laminate or area rug- in the future.

Ede Karolyi in Brantford
2 reviews Brantford, ON

We needed to control the heat due to the large amount of sunlight coming in all day due to the size of this beautiful window. Alexanian's came in with options and within a few weeks, they had it installed. It was such a great addition to the house. We will be using them again in the future.

Hi Ede
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. There are so many amazing window covering options available and we're happy to hear that the Brantford store was able to help you find the perfect choice. Thank you for keeping us in mind for your next project and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the Brantford crew;)

Janet in Toronto

My tile floor had never before professionally cleaned-just scrubbed with a brush and tile cleaner- and the grout in my kitchen went from dark beige to almost white. I had every tile surface in my home cleaned and was delighted. This is pricy but the results are outstanding. I'm thrilled.

Hi Janet
Thank you so very much for the feedback and posting your review. We're happy to hear that you are thrilled with your professional tile and grout cleaning. It is amazing and fun to watch the tiles come back to their original state ... it's like a brand new floor;) Enjoy!!

1 review Ottawa, ON

Wonderful associate - John Houson - very empathetic. I had a very small budget for shades and carpeting. He was understanding and helpful in choosing the best value for my money. No pressure to upsell. He ensured that installation happened when promised. The installers were prompt with time lines, friendly, and did wonderful quality installations.
I am a very happy customer, and would highly recommend Alexanian's. I have chosen Alexanian's for over 40 years of relocating and, if I live long enough, would ask for their expertise with the next move.
Thank-you again, Alexanian's.

Bunny Barker Craig

Job Price

Thank you Bunny for your loyalty and the wonderful review of our sales representative John Hassoun and the installers at the Ottawa Nepean location. Your continued confidence in our company means a great deal to all of us and we will most definitely help you with your next move;) Thank you again and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to both John and the installers.

Andrew in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

The Kitchener store was great, until we put down a deposit, and then dealing with them became a nightmare.

When we first went in to look at floors, we were told that it would take a month to have the floors installed. We eventually put a deposit on our order on March 24 and have it in writing that we would get an April install. We purchased vinyl plank flooring for our basement, and the salesperson recommended that we glue the planks down because it would be better than snap together planks for some of the gym equipment we keep in the basement. He also gave us a choice between metal and wood nosing for our stairs, and we choose the wood.

A week later, he called us and told us that the installer didn’t think we should be using glue because of the risk of water damage. Although we are glad this was pointed out before the installation, this is something that should have been pointed out at the initial point of sale.

Two and a half weeks after our purchase, the salesperson contacted us to tell us that he could not find matching wood nosing, but, there was vinyl nosing available that would match exactly. We are dumbfounded that this wasn’t initially offered to us. We absolutely would have taken this from the start (once it arrived, it looked ok, but was not exactly what we expected). We inquired what the price difference would be, and was told he didn’t have pricing and would adjust our total when it was available. At this point we realised that there was no way our floor would be installed within the month we discussed.

On the 19th of April, 4 weeks after we had purchased, we contacted the store as we hadn’t heard any updates from them. We expressed our concern that it was unlikely that our floor would be installed in April as we were told. The salesperson informed us that the supplies were going to arrive in store that Friday, and that there was a very good chance that his manager would contact us on Friday to set up an install the next week. This didn’t happen.

Finally on the 27th of April, 5 weeks after our purchase, we were contacted to set an install date, even though both the 4 weeks and April install date that we discussed had passed without any updates from the store. The manager told us he was calling to book the install. We asked what the earliest possible date was, and were put on hold so he could look the date up. We do not understand how you can call a customer to book a date, and not have the available dates in front of you. The earliest date was May 9 and four days were required for the installation. This meant that from the time we put down our 50% deposit to the point the floors were installed would be 7 weeks, not the 1 month that was discussed, and the installation would not be in April.

Once the supplies were in stock, we contacted the salesperson to find how the change from wood to vinyl nosing would effect our price. He claimed that even though the product was in his store, he still didn’t have pricing, but he would update me as soon as he knew. On Friday May 5, we still hadn’t been updated, and our credit card would be charged the following Monday. We called the store, and were told that our balance was a price that sounded far too high. After leaving messages and calling multiple times, we finally got hold of our sale person who confirmed the price. After we asked several questions, he ran the numbers again and realised that we were being overcharged.

When we selected our flooring, the salesperson made a point of telling us several times that we had made a good choice because Mannington was a good quality. During the two months while we were waiting for the planks, we couldn’t find any reference to the flooring on Mannington’s website. When the installers arrived, we realised that was because they were not made by Mannington, they were made by Melmart. This distinction would not have changed our choice, but, the incorrect information provided by the salesperson is infuriating.

When the installers arrived, we asked if the floor needed time to acclimate to our basement. The installer told us that was only for hardwood and laminate but not vinyl. A quick look at the instruction provided by the manufacturer states that 24 hours of acclimation are required.

When purchasing the floor, the salesperson explained to us the importance of the floor being flat, and explained that a skim coat would be needed. This was the primary reason we decided to pay for installation, because we knew that we did not have the patience to get this correct. During the first day of work, the installer coated a few cracks in the concrete and filled in holes around the edges left by old carpet tacks, but didn’t seem to do anything to flatten the floor. Now that the floor is installed, there is at least one area where planks sag when stepped upon. I pointed this out to the installer, and he told me there wasn’t much that could be done and the floor might not be perfectly level underneath. If this is something that is expected (it doesn’t happen with the other floating floors in our house), it was not explained to us. Had it been explained, we would definitely have chosen either to take the risk of water damage and glue the floor down, or, save several thousand dollars and install the floor ourselves.

Two weeks after the install, the salesperson contacted us to follow up on the installation and we mentioned the sagging planks. He promised to follow up with the installer and get in touch with us. That was six weeks ago, and we have not heard a word since. We have given up any hope of hearing any feedback.

Through the entire process, my requests for an itemized statement were skillfully avoided. We believe that the final price we paid is roughly a fair value, but, the unwillingness to provide us with an itemised receipt makes us sceptical.

Overall, we’re happy with how the floor looks, and we would give the installers an 8/10 as We believe they did what the store expected them to do. This review is not meant to reflect poorly on the installers in any way.

Hello Andrew
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I wish to assure you that customer service is of utmost importance to all of us at Alexanian’s and we truly apologize for the frustration you’ve experienced. I have forwarded your comments to our Regional Supervisor so he can look into this matter and contact you directly. We will be in touch Andrew and look forward to making this right!

Diane in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

The floors look amazing. The installers were prompt, polite and very helpful (put the felt pads on all my furniture for me). They left the place spotless.
Alisha, the interior designer, l worked with was very knowledgeable and had lots of great ideas which I implemented.
I will definitely use them again when I replace the carpets in the bedrooms.
Thank you very much for making this experience such a positive one.

Job Price

Thank you Diane for posting such a wonderful review of both our installers and Alisha at the Burlington store. We are happy to hear that you are loving your new floors and we look forward to helping you again in the future. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the Burlington crew:) Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

Mary
1 review Hampton, ON

800sq ft of laminate flooring plus stairs stained to match very well and new railings

Hello Mary
We are happy to hear that everything worked out so well with the matching of your staircase to your new laminate flooring. Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your review and sharing your comments. We look forward to helping you again in the future and wish you a wonderful summer:) Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

Louie in Red Deer
1 review Red Deer County, AB

PART 1...We purchased a new home and had move in date of April 12th, 2017 but were lucky to have the home a week prior to that so I arranged a carpet install for April 1oth so that when we moved in our kids rooms would be all ready to go. Received a call on the morning of April 10th informing me that the carpet was badly damaged upon inspection (because they don't CUT it until the day of install to keep it protected) and that I wouldn't get carpet until the 13th thus leaving my children with no where to sleep. Store manager assured me he would "take care of us" and make this right. My question is, where in the quality process did this fail? How does it take to the morning of an install to find out the carpet was damaged? Is there not a QA/QC function at the manufacturing level to avoid this very problem? Regardless, the manager did NOTHING to "take care of us"

Part II...... During the process of procuring the carpet I was told if we buy more we'll get a better deal so I decided I might do the whole basement instead of the kids rooms but wanted to split it up to spread the large up front costs over 2 payments with about a year in between. The high pressure sales tactics used told me that I had to put a deposit down on the remainder to secure the "dye lot" so that all the carpet would look the same. I let the saleman know very specifically and honestly that we were NOT going to be installing the remainder until the FOLLOWING spring and he said "no problem, you can install it whenever you want and since you put the deposit down you just pay the rest when you're ready for install..." No where in my contract did it specify when I would be installing it nor when I would be charged for it.

Part III.... After installing the 2 rooms (3 days late) we decided that the basement looked ok and maybe we didn't need to do it. I contacted the store and asked my options and asked if we could use that money for something else if we did not want to proceed. Now, all of a sudden, the carpet was cut to my home specifications? Even though the first install carpet wasn't cut until the day of my install? Two very conflicting stories which I find to be very underhanded and deceitful. The same manager who promised to "take care" of me said he will try to sell some or all of it for about a month and we AGREED that he would contact me again and see where we stand. (When I purchased the carpet I was told "we sell massive quantities of this and it's one of our best sellers) Less than a month went by and low and behold?? My credit card was charged the balance (which I DID NOT authorize) for a product that I don't have. All I asked for was a fair solution and was even willing to eat the deposit I put down but all the store cared about was getting my money very fast and charging my credit card without prior authorization. I have no desire to speak to that dishonest store manager and hope someone corporately takes the time to discuss this with me directly.

Hello Louie
I believe you might have posted this review on the wrong company profile. All of Alexanian Carpet and Flooring retail locations are in Ontario only. We do not install flooring in Red Deer, Alberta. If your review does actually represent our company, would you kindly email me some further specifics (i.e. which store location in Ontario you dealt with). Otherwise, if your review was incorrectly posted on our company profile we would be very grateful if you would remove it. Thank you, Wendy Alexanian
(email: [email protected])

sam.moussavi
1 review Pickering, ON

We bought a home that was 23 years old. We wanted to update the look and wanted to redo the stairs,hardwood floors and carpet. We are so thrilled that we found Alexanian! From our 1st encounter with our sales rep, Aaron, we knew we chose the right company to do the job. Aaron was knowledgeable, honest and pleasure to work with. He helped us throughout the whole processs and made this renovation project non stressful! He explained everything and coordinated the different crew that would be involved in our renovation.
Our 1st contractor was Quinn, who was responsible for the stairs. He was very knowledgeable and meticulous. He paid attention to details and made sure our stairs were a masterpiece. The 2nd contractors were the hardwood installers. Idrees and his crew were beyond professional. They went above and beyond. They removed the old floors and installed the new ones. They got rid of all waste and swept the house clean each time they finished their day. Idrees communicated with me throughout the whole job and any concerns he had would be brought to my attention. Idrees took pride in his work and it showed with the finished work. Our 3rd crew was the carpet and I have to say, no disappointed 1 bit. He was quick and did an amazing job removing the old carpet and vacuuming the new one before it was delivered to us. I'm an extremely happy customer and will be using Alexanian when we renovate the basement. I would recommend Aaron and the whole team to anyone who's looking for a reputable company.

Hello Sam
Thank you for such a glowing review of our Whitby location sales rep Aaron and the team of installers. We are thrilled to hear of your experience and are grateful that you took the time to express your delight in Alexanian's. I will be sure to pass along your very kind comments to both Aaron and the installers ... this means a great deal to us:) Enjoy your "new" home, it certainly sounds like you are doing a wonderful job renovating and we look forward to helping with your basement project in the future. Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

Johannink
1 review Caledon, ON

Frank at Alexanian went above and beyond the regular customer service requirements for us. His insight and leadership helped us finish the project on time. The wood was delayed from the US. Frank was on the phone with the supplier on a constant basis and as soon as it was available in Canada he made every effort for us to have the wood as a special pick up. Frank constantly kept me informed and even called me on his day off to ensure that all our needs were met with the wood pickup. His personal touch and ingenuity really made the project a success. Thank YOU Frank and Alexanian for going above and beyond the call of duty to make this happen for us. If everyone had employees like Frank with the level of customer experience he provided there would never be an unhappy customer again.

Hello Johannink
WOW...thank you so very much for acknowledging the exemplary service and care demonstrated by manager Frank at our Newmarket store. Frank is a true professional, takes great pride in his work and won’t rest until his customers are happy. We are so appreciative that you took notice of this and wished to express your thoughts through a review. We are glad everything worked out well with the delivery of hardwood for your daughter’s bedroom and I will be sure to pass along your kind praise to Frank.

More about Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Alexanian Carpet and Flooring is a family owned business founded by Aris Alexanian in 1925 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Today, Alexanian Carpet and Flooring has 17 locations in 12 cities throughout Ontario along with our online store. We have serviced every Canadian Province and Territory as well as many US states.