Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Carpet & Rug Retailers
1225 Wonderland Rd. N. London ON N6G 4X1
HomeStars  >  Carpet & Rug Retailers in London  >  Alexanian Carpet & Flooring
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Louie in Red Deer
1 review Red Deer County, AB

PART 1...We purchased a new home and had move in date of April 12th, 2017 but were lucky to have the home a week prior to that so I arranged a carpet install for April 1oth so that when we moved in our kids rooms would be all ready to go. Received a call on the morning of April 10th informing me that the carpet was badly damaged upon inspection (because they don't CUT it until the day of install to keep it protected) and that I wouldn't get carpet until the 13th thus leaving my children with no where to sleep. Store manager assured me he would "take care of us" and make this right. My question is, where in the quality process did this fail? How does it take to the morning of an install to find out the carpet was damaged? Is there not a QA/QC function at the manufacturing level to avoid this very problem? Regardless, the manager did NOTHING to "take care of us"

Part II...... During the process of procuring the carpet I was told if we buy more we'll get a better deal so I decided I might do the whole basement instead of the kids rooms but wanted to split it up to spread the large up front costs over 2 payments with about a year in between. The high pressure sales tactics used told me that I had to put a deposit down on the remainder to secure the "dye lot" so that all the carpet would look the same. I let the saleman know very specifically and honestly that we were NOT going to be installing the remainder until the FOLLOWING spring and he said "no problem, you can install it whenever you want and since you put the deposit down you just pay the rest when you're ready for install..." No where in my contract did it specify when I would be installing it nor when I would be charged for it.

Part III.... After installing the 2 rooms (3 days late) we decided that the basement looked ok and maybe we didn't need to do it. I contacted the store and asked my options and asked if we could use that money for something else if we did not want to proceed. Now, all of a sudden, the carpet was cut to my home specifications? Even though the first install carpet wasn't cut until the day of my install? Two very conflicting stories which I find to be very underhanded and deceitful. The same manager who promised to "take care" of me said he will try to sell some or all of it for about a month and we AGREED that he would contact me again and see where we stand. (When I purchased the carpet I was told "we sell massive quantities of this and it's one of our best sellers) Less than a month went by and low and behold?? My credit card was charged the balance (which I DID NOT authorize) for a product that I don't have. All I asked for was a fair solution and was even willing to eat the deposit I put down but all the store cared about was getting my money very fast and charging my credit card without prior authorization. I have no desire to speak to that dishonest store manager and hope someone corporately takes the time to discuss this with me directly.

Hello Louie
I believe you might have posted this review on the wrong company profile. All of Alexanian Carpet and Flooring retail locations are in Ontario only. We do not install flooring in Red Deer, Alberta. If your review does actually represent our company, would you kindly email me some further specifics (i.e. which store location in Ontario you dealt with). Otherwise, if your review was incorrectly posted on our company profile we would be very grateful if you would remove it. Thank you, Wendy Alexanian
(email: [email protected])

sam.moussavi
1 review Pickering, ON

We bought a home that was 23 years old. We wanted to update the look and wanted to redo the stairs,hardwood floors and carpet. We are so thrilled that we found Alexanian! From our 1st encounter with our sales rep, Aaron, we knew we chose the right company to do the job. Aaron was knowledgeable, honest and pleasure to work with. He helped us throughout the whole processs and made this renovation project non stressful! He explained everything and coordinated the different crew that would be involved in our renovation.
Our 1st contractor was Quinn, who was responsible for the stairs. He was very knowledgeable and meticulous. He paid attention to details and made sure our stairs were a masterpiece. The 2nd contractors were the hardwood installers. Idrees and his crew were beyond professional. They went above and beyond. They removed the old floors and installed the new ones. They got rid of all waste and swept the house clean each time they finished their day. Idrees communicated with me throughout the whole job and any concerns he had would be brought to my attention. Idrees took pride in his work and it showed with the finished work. Our 3rd crew was the carpet and I have to say, no disappointed 1 bit. He was quick and did an amazing job removing the old carpet and vacuuming the new one before it was delivered to us. I'm an extremely happy customer and will be using Alexanian when we renovate the basement. I would recommend Aaron and the whole team to anyone who's looking for a reputable company.

Hello Sam
Thank you for such a glowing review of our Whitby location sales rep Aaron and the team of installers. We are thrilled to hear of your experience and are grateful that you took the time to express your delight in Alexanian's. I will be sure to pass along your very kind comments to both Aaron and the installers ... this means a great deal to us:) Enjoy your "new" home, it certainly sounds like you are doing a wonderful job renovating and we look forward to helping with your basement project in the future. Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

HomeStars in Toronto
1 review Pickering, ON

We finally decided to replace our carpet with hardwood floors. We had checked several places and decided to visit the Alexanian in Whitby. We met Aaron who helped us pick out hardwood and vinyl (instead of ceramic). We also went with new baseboards.
As a middle aged couple we had them lift up the carpet and move furniture for us.
The installers that Aaron send were absolutely amazing. They were very knowledgeable and incredible talented.
They helped with so many things and were wonderful with everything.
I would definitely recommend Alexanian to anyone looking to update their floors.
I have seen commercials for Alexanian for years but never thought that I would actually deal with them and I am really glad that I did.

Job Price

Hello and thank you for coming to visit our Alexanian Whitby store. Customer service is of utmost importance to all of us at Alexanian's and we're happy to hear that both Aaron and the installers attention to detail, knowledge and level of service fulfilled your expectations. We hope you enjoy your new flooring for many, many years to come and look forward to helping you again in the future. Enjoy this beautiful, sunny day:) Thanks again, Wendy Alexanian

Michelle in Toronto

My partner and I ordered hardwood floors (entire house), trim and sub-floors (2nd floor) from Alexanian's - Toronto location. At first we didn't think to go to this store when in our flooring search, but we were so happy we did once we met Dave, the store manager. He was helpful kind and friendly from the very beginning.

The not so happy part was the store's delivery driver. Carlos was rude, condescending and by far the worst experience I have had in all customer service aspects. When asking where to deliver the floors, he said to me "no no miss - let me speak to a man". After explaining several times to Carlos, where to place the floors, he and his colleague did not listen and instead placed all flooring in the incorrect location. To add insult to injury, they refused to move the flooring to the correct location and continue to scream and carry on in barbaric manner both inside and outside my house. The other trades I had working in the house at the time had to get involved for they feared for my safety and were completely mortified at how I was being treated. At that point I had to immediately call Dave to help me rectify the situation. Dave quickly dealt with the situation and the flooring was then moved.

Dave went the extra mile after this incident to see that we were okay and that our flooring needs were met. I could not be more satisfied with the customer service from him.

Besides the delivery nightmare, the floors look great! The installers did a fantastic job! 10/10 for Dave. 10/10 for installers.

I only hope that Alexanian's does not continue to use Carlos for their deliveries so that other customers can be spared this ordeal. Do you really want drivers saying to your customers "I don't care, this is just one contract. I work for myself"?

Hello Michelle,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and such kind praise for both Dave and the installers at our Toronto (Laird) location. We are happy to hear that Dave, the store manager was immediately available to help rectify the situation. We truly thank you for reaching out, as your feedback helps us learn where we need to improve our customer’s experience. Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

Nat
2 reviews King City, ON

We needed a few carpets for our new house and decided to go with Alexanian (Newmarket location). We were very pleased with the exceptional customer service. Frank really knows his products which really helped us choosing the right colour

Hi Nat
Congratulations on your new home:) Your rooms look lovely and what a treat seeing pictures of your new area rugs in place. Thank you for that!! Frank is fantastic and yes ... he does know his product. We're happy to hear that you had a great experience with manager, Frank at our Newmarket store. Enjoy your new home and I will be sure to pass along your kind words! Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

thor in
1 review Halton Hills, ON

My entire experience with the staff at Alexanian Flooring was wonderful! I quickly became aware that I was in good hands with Alicia (Appleby location) as she skillfully guided me towards my choice of flooring which replaced the entire first floor of my home. My first choice of installation dates was honoured, which was particularly important as we were juggling two dogs in doggy daycare throughout the process. Mike Furtado installed the tile, He was an incredibly skilled and respectful person. He texted me daily with an update of what I should expect when I arrived home. He also went out of his way to show me two grout samples so I could be sure of the right colour after it dried. I am more than satisfied with my experience AND I have the most beautiful floor to enjoy.
Thorel

Job Price

WOW Thorel ... your ceramic tile looks stunning!! Thank you for adding a photo of your project. The tile is beautiful and I love the contemporary feel created by both the light colour and "stacked" pattern installation. Beautiful:) Alicia at our Burlington location is fantastic, she is experienced, has a great eye for colour and knows her product. We're glad Alisha was able to help guide you towards the perfect choice. Thank you for mentioning our tile installer, Mike. Communication is so important on any job and we're happy to hear that Mike kept you abreast every step of the way. I will pass along your thanks to everyone at the Burlington store and I'm glad your dogs weren't too inconvenienced;) Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

Michelle in Stoney Creek
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Had a ceramic bathroom floor taken out and a new one with new subfloor installed. It was a positive experience from start to finish. George from Alexanians was very helpful to me as I wasent sure what I was to expect, he put my mind at ease and made it a lot easier than I thought it could be. The installers came here today 2 men who were friendly, polite and very easy to talk to, they explained everything they would be doing and were very clean and tidy. I would like to thank all involved and I would highly recommend them to any of my friends or family. Thanks again you guys:)

Job Price

Thank you so very much Michelle for this glowing review of George at our Hamilton Mountain location and the ceramic tile installers. You were definitely in good hands with George, as he is both knowledgable and very capable. We have an amazing crew of installers who take great pride in their work and I'm happy to hear that this didn't go unnoticed:) I will be sure to pass along your kind comments and your recommendations are very much appreciated! Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

YBK
2 reviews Cambridge, ON

Our transition strip had cracked, and they promptly ordered a replacement and sent an installer to do the work.
We were very satisfied with the project as we always are with Alexanian products and service. We have had two hardwood floors installed and California shutters in our family room so far. We would not think of going anywhere else!

Job Price

Thank you YBK for trusting your home to us at Alexanian's! We pride ourselves on exceptional service and I'm happy to hear that we did not disappoint. We truly appreciate your repeat business and look forward to helping you again. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your review ... it means a great deal to all of us. Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

Diann
1 review Guelph, ON

I would certainly return to Alexanian for further hardwood flooring, area rugs, carpets and cleaning products.

Hello Diann
Deciding on the "perfect" product can be a daunting task! We're happy to hear that the sales staff at our Guelph location were able to help you through the selection process. Enjoy your new hardwood and we appreciate your confidence in Alexanian's:) Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

rubymulholland
2 reviews Kitchener, ON

The salesman was very professional, friendly and knowledgeable.
The quality and price of the carpet was great.
The gentleman who installed the carpet was also very professional, friendly and knowledgeable regarding the best way to seam carpet to carpet and carpet to tile. He was very efficient with the installation and removed all waste products and left my home clean.
I would recommend this store to my family and friends.

Hi Ruby
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your review of our sales representatives Jim and Jason, along with the installer at Alexanian's Guelph location. We trust you're enjoying your new carpeting and truly appreciate the recommendations. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the Guelph team:). Sincerely, Wendy Alexanian

More about Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Alexanian Carpet and Flooring is a family owned business founded by Aris Alexanian in 1925 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Today, Alexanian Carpet and Flooring has 17 locations in 12 cities throughout Ontario along with our online store. We have serviced every Canadian Province and Territory as well as many US states.