Agc Electronics Inc

80 Thickson Road South Whitby ON L1N 7T2
HomeStars  >  Electronic Retailers in Whitby  >  Agc Electronics Inc

Reviews for Agc Electronics Inc

Electronic repairs

Bell PVR had no power. AGC have add on Kijiji and list their services. Ad states they repair PVR's and list first problem as "no power" and repair while you wait. Make drive to Whitby because this sounds exactly like the service that I need - they're familiar with "no power" as the ad states and they will fix it while I wait.
I get there and tell the guy my problem. He states drop it off, pay $40 for estimate and he will call me back with an estimate. $40 will be deducted from any repairs - pretty standard.
I ask him what the problem may be and an approximate cost. Tells me he has no idea as he has never seen one with no power - it's the first problem on his list of services. Then tells me it it's the board, they cost $175.
At this point I would rather pay $400 and get a new one. Also think this companies advertising should reflect the services they can perform - if you have no idea the cost to repair a PVR with no power as you've never fixed one before - then don't advertise it. Just didn't appear to be very honest and forthcoming.

The T
The T

Fixing of laptop. It needed a new motherboard.

I brought my laptop to this company because I didn't want to bring it to Future Shop or another big box store. Basically, I was trying to give the "little guy" a chance. I regret my decision to bring my computer to this place. Basically, they never called me as they tried to fix my laptop over the course of two weeks. Then, when they said they could fix it, they said I had to put a $100 deposit down because the part they needed to order was expensive. I gave them the $100 but Toshiba refused to send them the needed part because AGC electronics is not a certified Toshiba repair facility. So, I went to get my laptop and they kept about $75 of my "deposit" because they spent time working on it. I don't think I should have had to pay, and I also believe that it should have been their responsibility to know that Toshiba would not have sent them the part in the first place. Now, I have to fix the computer somewhere else even though I've already spent money on it. Basically, the owners of this company do not act like they want business and I advise you not to use them.