1828 Danforth Ave Toronto ON

Reviews for Aetna Pest Control Ltd

booze911 in Old Toronto
booze911 in Old Toronto

Termite Inspection and Termite Treatment

I live in Cabbagetown in downtown Toronto. The whole area has a termite problem. Everyone just hopes their house doesn't get termites.
Richard from Aetna is very familiar with Cabbagetown and he is an expert on termites. He can tell from your home construction, house upkeep and details of renovation projects, the likelihood of termite infestation. The pre-treatment home inspection, just to quote the job was extremely detailed. Richard explains in the nicest way possible that there is really no option but to treat for termites once there is evidence. Work needs to be done in order to prepare for a treatment. The Aetna team will wait for you to prepare your basement (everything 3 feet away from all exterior walls and the removal of infested building materials) or the can arrange to have paid crews come in and assist with the prep. I chose to do all the prep work myself and Richard dropped by for a quick on-site to make sure his crew could come in. It took months to get ready.
Crew came on the treatment day on time, they were curtious, professional and extremely hardworking. Treatment was inside and out every 18 inches or so and in every possible access point. They left the basement looking like they had never been there.
Service hasn't finished. Richard is coming back in a couple of weeks for a post-treatment inspection.
Aetna isn't trying to cash in my termite troubles. They are professionals working with me to protect and preserve my home at a reasonable price.

Hello, and thank you for your review! We're so glad to hear that you're happy with our services. Here at Aetna we know the importance of thorough inspections and professional service, so if you have any questions or concerns please call us at (416) 469-4111

JR
JR

The BEST customer service!

When we first discovered termite activity in our upper beach home we did some research and decided to go with Aetna. Richard’s expert advice made sense and we trusted that their approach would be the best. They provided the most thorough plan of attack at a reasonable and competitive price.

However when they were treating the exterior foundation of the house, they accidentally flooded our basement floor. Richard immediately assessed the situation and didn’t hesitate for a moment to make it right.
The customer service with these guys is incredible and they replaced the floors at our earliest convenience at no additional cost. Richard wanted to make it right and they went above and beyond to not only solve the termite problem (which is now gone) but to fix the damage caused to the floors.

We highly recommend Richard and his team, as accidents do happen in these older homes, and it’s a relief knowing that they really care about their work and their customers.

Thank you for the review JR! While accidents do happen, we truly believe that we have a responsibility to our clients to make things right, as well as to solve their pest problems.

Julia from Ottawa
Julia from Ottawa

Excellent company

416-469-4111
1828 Danforth Ave
Toronto
M4C 1H8

I did have a problem with a couple of technicians from this company but it was very professionally resolved and I'll continue to use this excellent termite control company for my house termite warranty. I especially recommend Richard for his thorough and friendly yearly checks.

Thank you for your kind review! We take our customers' concerns very seriously here at Aetna, and we're glad to have been able to solve your pest problems!

Carpenter Ants

I use Aetna for all pest issues. I get them to treat our house yearly for carpenter ants on the outside. They are kind, fast and knowledgeable and they don't up sell. I really enjoy working with them.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business, and our priority is keeping those ants outside! Call us at 416-469-4111 if you have any questions.

Sophie
Sophie

Outstanding professionals

2 days before we put our renovated house up for sale, we found out that we had animals (probably rats) running inside the basement walls. It was a big shock, as we couldn’t sell the house like that.
We wanted to make sure that we used a reliable company to take care of the problem & asked advice from the real estate agent, who told us to use one of the big firms such as Aetna.

I called Aetna on Monday morning, and they sent a technician to my place the next day. I was worried about the visual impact all this would have on the sale of the house – starting with the fact that people would see some pest control vehicle parked in front of the house. But I didn’t need to worry about that: first of all the technician came in an unmarked vehicle, and second, without being asked to, he automatically parked the vehicle a block away from my house. That showed me straight away that I was dealing with true professionals.

Aetna advertises the fact that they are specialized in termite problems, but actually they really know the job when it comes to all kinds of pests.

Doug, the technician who came to see the house, was extremely knowledgeable about rats: he found signs to confirm that we were indeed dealing with rat(s), and signs to confirm where they were entering the wall. He installed traps, and told me he would come by twice a week to check things out. I felt a huge sense of relief after his visit, knowing that the problem was in good hands and would get solved as best as could be.

On Friday night a rat got caught in the trap. I called Doug on Saturday morning, just to leave him a voice mail & ask him to call me on Monday (as I figured that he wouldn’t be working on Saturdays). Indeed he doesn’t work on weekends, but nevertheless he returned my call on Saturday morning (he is not just working “a” job 9 to 5 Monday to Friday: he is doing his job conscientiously & thoroughly) and he gave me advice on what to do until he came by on Monday morning.

What also made a big impression on me is that Aetna gives a big importance to customer service.
Too often nowadays when you call a company they talk to you as if they are doing you a favour by taking your business. But Aetna is different: the lady who answered the phone was friendly and helpful, and the technician who came to the house was extremely courteous and friendly, answering all the questions and explaining everything very clearly.

I would give Aetna 11 out of 10 if that was an option.

Sophie,
Thank you for your review! Customer satisfaction is our priority at Aetna, so we are glad we could handle your pest problems in a discrete and friendly fashion. You are correct: termites are one of our specialties, but our technicians also treat for a wide variety of other household and commercial pests. If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call at 416-469-4111, and we will be happy to help.

LM in Toronto
LM in Toronto

Termites

I had researched other pest control companies before finally deciding on Aetna. Another company we called before Aetna immediately deemed our property termite infested over the phone without even seeing it. It definitely cause undue anxiety about the possible situation we could be facing and made us trepidatious about which company we could trust. I found Aetna to be professional and they had come recommended from our real estate agent. They set up a visit within a week which is an optimal turnaround time and Richard came out to assess our property. We were fortunate to get the all clear on termites with a follow up recommended in a couple of years.
I really appreciated Richard's experience. The company is a long run family business in both residential and commercial. We look forward to keeping in touch with him.

LM,
We appreciate your review! We have 46 years of family-run experience here at Aetna, so we know that it's important to get an accurate assessment of a home before following through with treatment. Give us a call at 416-469-4111 if you ever require our expertise or have any questions.

Beyond helpful

In the past two years I have contacted this company three times for help.
The first was for carpenter ants. The product I bought was completely effective but the advice they gave me was extremely detailed and helpful.
The second two times I used the company's counter service. I don't know of another pest control company that offer this service.
Both times I took bugs in to be identified and I left much relieved and very grateful to have that service in such an immediate way.
They are friendly, trustworthy and beyond helpful.
The ONLY company I would consider using.

Thank you so much for your review, we believe that both effective treatment and ensuring our customers are informed are crucial to pest management. We're glad you were satisfied with our over-the-counter products, they can be very effective when a full professional treatment is unnecessary. If you have any questions or need our services, you can get in touch at 416-469-4111. We appreciate your business!

Heidi in East york
Heidi in East york

Carpenter ants

Every year in the spring we have carpenter ants appear in our house. Twice (on 2 different years) we have had Aetna come out to treat the problem and it never resolved the issue and the ants were getting bigger every year! I'm not sure if it was Aetna since we had our roof replaced last Fall which may have somehow helped, but this is the first spring since living in this house that we didn't have the ants reappear. We did see just 1 but are hoping that was just a fluke. We'll be calling them to see if there are preventative strategies we can implement moving forward.

Hello Heidi,

In residential areas carpenter ants can be found nesting in various areas outside the home. Some of the areas they could be found nesting on are, trees, dead stumps, fence railings, wood retaining walls. Carpenter ants can enter the home from shrubbery touching the home, electrical or telephone wires entering the home, holes in the foundation of the home. At Aetna, our technicians, using information from the customer, attempt to locate any nests inside and outside the home for treatments. Due to the foraging nature of carpenter ants, strategies to control carpenter ants from re-infesting homes are available by calling Aetna Pest Control.

SN in Toronto
SN in Toronto

Termite inspection and advice

I wish there were more companies like Aetna. Family owned and operated, honest, friendly, helpful. Having purchased a house in a termite-prone area I called Atena to do an inspection. Dick came to my house, did the inspection (no signs of active termites) and told me that, contrary to my expectations, the treatment that was done years ago was likely sufficient and I didn't need to do anything further at the moment. Cost to me: 0$. An added bonus was the lovely conversation with Dick. Highly recommended.

Hi SN, thank you for your review! Having an inspection done was a smart move, which can save you a lot of headaches in the future. Feel free to call us at 416-469-4111 if you need any other services or have any questions!

bugkill maxx

I spray my living couch & chair every week with this wonderful stuff. But I would like to buy it on my own, therefore where in Ottawa On. or Gatineau PQ, can I purchase it. Thank you.

It is very important when using over-the-counter products to follow all label directions set out by the seller (manufacturer). All pesticide labels are strictly regulated by our government whether they are for homeowner use or commercial use. Please read the label for BugKill Maxx carefully and apply only according to the label. The label does not state that couches and chairs can be treated with this product. Please call us at your earliest convenience at 416-469-4111 and i can discuss this with you further. I contacted my distributor and they do not sell Bugkill Maxx to any retail stores in Ottawa or Gatineau PQ.

More about Aetna Pest Control Ltd

Our technicians understand how unsettling and unnerving the discovery of a pest infestation can be. No one wants to face the reality of having rats, cockroaches, bed bugs, ants or termites in and around their house. However, ignoring the problem will not make it go away; in fact, it will only make it worse. At Aetna, we are dedicated to finding and identifying the source of the problem. Once identified, we will design a safe and effective strategy to eliminate your pest issues. In addition, we will help implement a preventative strategy to assist in stopping further pest infestations.