Adt Canada

Anne hermary from Coquitlam
Anne hermary from Coquitlam
1 review Burnaby, BC

Don't Use ADT!

I signed up with ADT when I move into my new home in April, 2016. The installer arrived to install the cameras and motion sensors along with the appropriate alarms for doors and windows. He had issues with understanding how best to set up the cameras and installed them in a way which meant that my back door was not visible. My basement suite door and window were also not visible. My garage door was not alarmed. The ADT installer claimed that this was the best solution that was
available. I had a few equipment issues. However, ADT changed their acct numbers midway through my contract. I had no communication with them regarding the change. I continued to pay through my online banking app. While ADT was receiving the payments, they were not crediting my acct. So, I was getting late notices coming in. Despite numerous calls and no response to the issue, I continued to spend hours of my time to get the issue resolved. It took over a year!!!! Finally, I cancelled my monitoring with ADT when my garage was broken into. I lost a few thousand $ with of items. I called in a local security company, . They showed me two camera wires that were hanging visibly from my deck ceiling that the ADT tech completely missed. I can only assume that he was not knowledgeable enough to understand what a camera wire looked like. Now, I have all of my entrances on camera surveillance and live video as well. (unlike ADT). The other was also able to easily alarm my garage (which should have been done from day 1). NOW, I'M ALSO PAYING A MONTHLY MONITORING CHARGE THAT IS HALF OF WHAT ADT CHARGED ME. The biggest thing for me is that I finally feel safe and secure. I never had that feeling with ADT!

Lucaner in
Lucaner in
1 review Lucan, ON

Unable to fix a problem

Alarm system constantly shows low battery, finally had company send replacement batteries that were either wrong size or made no difference to the situation. Finally gave up trying to solve issue, just letting contract run out, then they are finished with me, I’ve had enough of their excuses.

Good afternoon Lucaner, we are sorry to read that you have techncial issue with your system withut having a resolution. In order to assist you further and find a solution to your concern, we invite you to send us in writing to customer.support@adt.ca or short description of th eissue with your contact information, one of the Executive Escalations offcie member will be reaching you out.

Anne J in Vancouver
Anne J in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Has ADT illegally withdrawn funds out of your bank account?

Looking to hear from people who have been successful, or unsuccessful in their attempts to secure reimbursement from ADT for funds illegally withdrawn from their bank accounts. Many review sites have contributions stating that even once refunds are promised, the remuneration never materializes. Please record your story of ADT overcharging, continuing to withdraw fees after account cancellation, and problems with not being able to cancel service in general. Please take the time to record your experiences here, so that we may help each other identify if there is a pattern of fraud.

Good day Ann J, we are sorry to read that you are experiencing some issue with a billing situation. Since we cannot retrieve your account to assist you further in resolving your concern, we invite you to provide us with your account number or the address where the service is provided with a short explantion of the situation to cutomer.support@adt.ca, your concerrn will be escalated to our Executive Escalations Office.

Chris in Kingston
Chris in Kingston
1 review Kingston, ON

Contract fine print not disclosed by their door to door agent AND COULDN’T CARE LESS

I was sold the contract. I was mislead and told that if I was to move, that is was not a problem, they will just move my service to my new address. However, what I was not told is that the 3 year contract renews upon a move. I had a few months left on my I initial 3 year contract. Sold my house and after a few months of being at my place, I wasn’t using the system due to pets activating the darn alarm constantly (which was supposed to be a non issue) I did not require ADT services any longer and asked not not renew my contract. That’s then I was told I had to pay short of 3 yrs few buy out due to my contract renewal upon moving. No manager was able to assist me even though I was sold a service under false pretense. After many calls and arguments, I paid 3 yrs of ADT service only to use door motion, no alarm activation service. BRUTAL.

Good afternoon Chris, I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. In order to assist further with your concern cold you please contat me at mcaron@adt.ca I am sure we can come into a common ground & resolution.

ADT Canada Inc

Private User reviews Port Colborne, ON

ADT Home Security System

I wish I had read the reviews for ADT Canada BEFORE I received their services. My home already had the ADT equipment installed. Everytime I have called in, they do not have my telephone number on file, and tell me that I am not a customer. I did not sign a contract, I would like to cancel, but they are extremely rude on the phone, and do not allow you to speak with whomever it is you need to talk to, to cancel your service. They send you to a collection agency, and even then it is difficult to determine if you are actually cancelled. I paid my bill but was very unhappy with the costs, and lack of customer service when you have an issue. I seem to have two different accounts, extra charges for services I did not agree to. The one time I put in the wrong key code by accident, I immediately called in my mistake, but it took so long to get through and then explain, that I was a CUSTOMER, because they do not have the correct phone number on file, the police came, and I had to pay for a false alarm. Extremely rude and unprofessional customer service agents, and if you need to speak to the accounting department, they won't even put you through to them. Then they keep charging and charging. It is difficult to determine what the cancellation fee is??? Is it paying your whole yearly fee, because you want to cancel. Every review is terrible.
I am getting letters from two different locations telling me my account which I would like to cancel is overdue. Yet I wanted to cancel from over a year ago.

Dear client I am sincerely sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. In order to assist you further, I invite you to contact me directly at mcaron@adt.ca, it will be a pleasure for me to assist you.

Executive Escalations Office Representative
ADT Canada Inc

iveflipped in Cambridge
iveflipped in Cambridge
3 reviews Cambridge, ON

Worst customer service ever

To begin with very expensive system better value for same benefits can be found in other providers. But the worst is how they handle things. I moved and did not install a system at new address. Cancelled with ADT prior to the close of the old place pre-authorized payments for duration of contract and final bill period would be before close. All should be good right..WRONG

10 months later I get a call from a collections agency. No phone call from ADT. I call them....we sent a letter. Great to the old address so useful. I asked why someone wouldn’t call. No explanation to that one.

We are sorry to read that you have cancellation issues. In order to assist your further to find a solution to your actual concern, I invite you to contact me at mcaron@adt.ca.

Madeleine Caron,

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Future Skin Tattoo Ottawa

I've been over 20 years with Adt security best service very secure. Thanks for 5 stars customer service I will recommend strongly and will continue to be with them forever.

We are in the receipt of your review and we thank you. We at ADT take pride of our customer's satefy & satisfaction.

Cordially,

Madeleine Caron, ADT Canada Executive Escalations Office. mcaron@adt.ca

John W.
John W.

ADT Security

Worst company to attain security services from. Unfortunately when I bought my house the system came with it. The worst 3 years of overbilling, false alarms and sensor failures and lousy customer service. Furthermore when they sent their technicians and even they were not able to rectify the situation 100%. Save your money and your stress levels and find another supplier.

Dear John W,

We are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectaytions. Would you like to discuss further about your concern please contact mcaron@adt.ca. I will be pleased to assist you.

Executive escalations Office Representative

Caroline in Toronto
Caroline in Toronto

Terrible Service

They're very expensive, and have horrible customer service and very terrible internal processes. We will be switching as soon as our contract is up.

Firstly, they do not give you a customer bill - even after requesting. The systems are literally not capable of giving you a copy of your bill so you know what they are charging you for, which seems absolutely absurd.

Secondly, we have had the system for only a few months and have had so many problems with fake alarms. On one instance, we got a notification saying our door was left open. They didn't call us for three hours. It ended up being a fake alarm, but what if it was a real one? We have two dogs at home and they could have run away - and would ADT really have done NOTHING for three hours? What are we paying them for?

To say we are disappointed with ADT is an understatement. Please save yourself the hassle and do not sign up for their services.

Dear Caroline,

We are sorry to read that you have serivce issues.If the issues have not been resolved, I invote you to contact mcaron@adt.ca in order to discuss about your concern and possible solution.

Private User reviews Cold Lake, AB

Very dissapointed

Before moving into our new home, we checked around for home security. At the time, the only company that could install was ADT. We knew their prices were high but we had no option besides ADT.
Now almost 2 years later we have been approached by other companies who now can install in our area. Their rates 40-60% less than ADT with either equivalent or better services. My TV, phone, internet provider can provider a better service than ADT for 40% of what I pay.
So I called ADT to see if they could do a better rate which would help retain me as a customer. But the ‘retention department’ said they wouldn’t even talk to me until my contract is ending.
Well, if this is how they do things they can forget about testing be. And I have told neighbors who are in the market for security to forget ADT and guess what, they have gone to alternative providers.

We are sorry to read that you are dissatisfied with our services. Since we do not have your coordinates we cannot access your file to find more details on your contract. Normally when you agree on a contract term, you are responsible until the contract end date is reached.

It does not mean you cannot cancel the agreement before the end term, it just means that you may have to pay a penalty since we provided you at no cost some equipment upfront. Would you like to discuss about your contract, I invite you to contact me directly at mcaron@adt.ca.I will assist you and try to find a common ground for you.

Executive Escalations Team

More about Adt Canada

ADT is Canada's #1 home security company. ADT has more than 125 years of experience in Canada, and is one of the most trusted, well known brands in the industry. Today, ADT Canada serves nearly 750,000 customers from coast to coast, making us the largest company of our kind in Canada.
Our broad and innovative set of products and services from interactive home and business solutions to video and electronic access control exist to meet a range of customer needs for today’s active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. To learn more, visit www.adt.ca or call 877.627.0504.