Adt Canada

Vancouver BC

Reviews for Adt Canada

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Future Skin Tattoo Ottawa

I've been over 20 years with Adt security best service very secure. Thanks for 5 stars customer service I will recommend strongly and will continue to be with them forever.

We are in the receipt of your review and we thank you. We at ADT take pride of our customer's satefy & satisfaction.

Cordially,

Madeleine Caron, ADT Canada Executive Escalations Office. mcaron@adt.ca

John W.
John W.

ADT Security

Worst company to attain security services from. Unfortunately when I bought my house the system came with it. The worst 3 years of overbilling, false alarms and sensor failures and lousy customer service. Furthermore when they sent their technicians and even they were not able to rectify the situation 100%. Save your money and your stress levels and find another supplier.

Dear John W,

We are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectaytions. Would you like to discuss further about your concern please contact mcaron@adt.ca. I will be pleased to assist you.

Executive escalations Office Representative

Caroline in Toronto
Caroline in Toronto

Terrible Service

They're very expensive, and have horrible customer service and very terrible internal processes. We will be switching as soon as our contract is up.

Firstly, they do not give you a customer bill - even after requesting. The systems are literally not capable of giving you a copy of your bill so you know what they are charging you for, which seems absolutely absurd.

Secondly, we have had the system for only a few months and have had so many problems with fake alarms. On one instance, we got a notification saying our door was left open. They didn't call us for three hours. It ended up being a fake alarm, but what if it was a real one? We have two dogs at home and they could have run away - and would ADT really have done NOTHING for three hours? What are we paying them for?

To say we are disappointed with ADT is an understatement. Please save yourself the hassle and do not sign up for their services.

Dear Caroline,

We are sorry to read that you have serivce issues.If the issues have not been resolved, I invote you to contact mcaron@adt.ca in order to discuss about your concern and possible solution.

Executive Escalations Office representative

Private User reviews Cold Lake, AB

Very dissapointed

Before moving into our new home, we checked around for home security. At the time, the only company that could install was ADT. We knew their prices were high but we had no option besides ADT.
Now almost 2 years later we have been approached by other companies who now can install in our area. Their rates 40-60% less than ADT with either equivalent or better services. My TV, phone, internet provider can provider a better service than ADT for 40% of what I pay.
So I called ADT to see if they could do a better rate which would help retain me as a customer. But the ‘retention department’ said they wouldn’t even talk to me until my contract is ending.
Well, if this is how they do things they can forget about testing be. And I have told neighbors who are in the market for security to forget ADT and guess what, they have gone to alternative providers.

We are sorry to read that you are dissatisfied with our services. Since we do not have your coordinates we cannot access your file to find more details on your contract. Normally when you agree on a contract term, you are responsible until the contract end date is reached.

It does not mean you cannot cancel the agreement before the end term, it just means that you may have to pay a penalty since we provided you at no cost some equipment upfront. Would you like to discuss about your contract, I invite you to contact me directly at mcaron@adt.ca.I will assist you and try to find a common ground for you.

Executive Escalations Team

Anila in Old Toronto
Anila in Old Toronto

The worst company ever

This Company is the worst along with Alarm Guard. I tried to cancel the service the next day of the installation and couldn’t. In the contract said that you can within 10 days without reason and 6 months with reasons. Called ADT and Alarm Guard for two months tried everything I could and no results. Some ADT costumer services supposedly tried to help me and at the end nothing happened. I refuse to pay my bills and put a complain with the Small Business Bureau.

Good morning Anila, we are sorry to read that you are having issues with one of our dealer. I invote you to cntect me at mcaron@adt.ca in order to discuss about your concern so we can find a solution to your issue.

Madeleine Caron,
Executive Escalations Office Representative

Private User reviews Consecon, ON

Disastrous Service - not able to stop beeping - ADT never again

During writing the terrible beeping sound continues every minute - chasing everybody incl. guests out of the house. ADT worked with untrained persons for hours and unable to stop the terrible noise. Our request to get a manager was answered 3 times with hang up the phone. ADT tech service is getting worse and worse. Waiting for their response but no one does. Damage to hearing, nerves and ripping out ADT - unbelievable. And that is not the first time, never again ADT

Dear customer,

We are sorry to read that you are experiencing equipment issues. We hope the issue has been resolved. If not I invite you to contact mcaron@adt.ca so can discuss aboutyour concern and find a solution.

Executive Escalations Office Representative
ADt Canada Inc.

REG in Ottawa
REG in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

BEING CHARGED FOR NO EQUIPMENT/NO SERVICE

HELP! Some 2.5 years ago when Carleton Security (Ottawa) was selling its monitoring accounts to a Calgary company, I decided to cancel service, so Carleton staff removed the equipment. So, there has been no service for going on 3 years. In spite of that, ADT which appears to have acquired the accounts continues to insist on payment. We have many times tried to explain that I have not had the equipment so there is no service. ADT recently sent what they consider arrears to a collection agency which is pressing for payment and affecting my credit rating. ADT has been impossible to reason with, insisting that they have provided service years after it was disconnected. I'm 89 years old and do not merit this pig-headed predatory approach. I live in the same building as other family members and am still independent. How can I get ADT off my back and my credit rating restored? Mrs. RM, Ottawa

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

ADT Alarm System

Worst company ever. They make Rogers and Bell look good. I have been a customer for 11 years and tried to put the contract on hold for a couple of months but they wouldn't. So I said to cancel and I would start back up when my guests were all gone. They wouldn't do it. Never responded. You can't email them. Then they finally said they would cancel but I owed another month. I don't even have a contract with them anymore -- it has been month to month for 8 years or more. Terrible service and not an honest company. There are many better and much cheaper. Shop around.

Hi, we are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations with the result that you cancelled your services. I invite you to send me your accout information (address of the location so I can review your account and assist you. mcaron@adtca. (Madeleine Caron, Executive Escalations Team reresentative)

Kd in Portage la Prairie
Kd in Portage la Prairie
1 review Portage La Prairie, MB

Terrible customer service

We wanted to cancel our alarm service....and we have gotten nothing but the run around. Apparently I made a verbal contract for 60 months with a customer service rep over the phone. I hadn’t a hard time understanding the rep due to language barrier. I only received my contract via email a week ago. When I said that I didn’t agree to a 60 month contract and never received a contract when we renewed we were told “we can’t control the mail” Now they won’t allow us to get out of our contract, and refuse to send the statement of remaining balance to us, only giving us a verbal amount. They will send a statement after it’s been paid. What a joke. We didn’t even sign with ADT in the first place, they bought out the original alarm company we signed with.

Good morning KD, we are sorry to read that you want cancel your services with us. In order to help you in regards of our concern I invite you to contact me directly at mcaron@adt.ca. I am one of the Executive Escalations Team member I will be to assist you further.

Représente plaintes exécutives - Executive Escalation Representative

8481 Boulevard Langelier
Montréal, QC H1P 2C3
514-324-1515 extension #1061088
Toll free : 1-800-653-9111
mcaron@adt.ca

Private User reviews East Selkirk, MB

Do not trust ADT

When ADT signs you up they are excellent at your door with nice looking young sales men. The system was put in well and maintained well, until it broke. I did not want a new system so I had a broken system that worked most of the time but not always. In fact, the lights would go out at night or during the daytime when I am at work. This went on for over 1 year. My contract has ended but the operators tell me that it is still valid but it is over and I sent in my written cancellation. ADT keeps changing my contract end date when it expired May 31, 2018. ADT also signs up senior ages 89 & 90 years old when they will not live that long. ADT is dishonest and disrespectful. Use another Alarm company.

More about Adt Canada

ADT is Canada's #1 home security company. ADT has more than 125 years of experience in Canada, and is one of the most trusted, well known brands in the industry. Today, ADT Canada serves nearly 750, 000 customers from coast to coast, making us the largest company of our kind ...
Looking for Alarm Systems pros in Toronto?