ADT Canada

Vancouver BC
HomeStars  >  Alarm Systems in Toronto  >  ADT Canada

Reviews for ADT Canada

false contract

Had a 3y contract with another company that was purchased by Adt without my knowledge. When I called after 3y ADT informed me that I was on a 5y contract but they failed to show any signature .its been two years later and now I got a bill from a collection agency asking for double of the amount they claimed I owed . If this doesn't get resolved I'm contacting the News . What a disgrace of a fraudulent company. STAY AWAY!

Hi, we are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. In order to help you resolving your concern, could you please provide you account information such as your name and phone number of the location, I will contact you directly. Madeleine Caron, ADT Canada Executive Escalations representative at [email protected]

1 review Courtice, ON

ADT has fraudulent practices

I signed a contract with a ADT for 3 years in 2015, i moved to a different address in 2016 and asked for my service and equipment to be moved to the new address, i was told by ADT it was cheaper for them to install new equipment at the new address. I called ADT in March 2018 to find out when my contract expires as i wanted to upgrade my service. I was told i was in a 5 years contract. No one could explain to me how i ended up with a 5 years contract i never agreed to, i have never been in a 5 years contract for an alarm or any other services except for my mortgage. The best excuse ADT could provide was that once i moved they cancelled my old contract and started a new one, at no point was i ever told i was being enrolled into a new contract or the fact that a new contract would be 5 years. I never agreed to this. I was told a manager would call me to provide proof i agreed to a five years contract. I have called about 10 times in the last 2 and half month and kept getting transferred to "manager's" voicemail, nobody has returned my call and nobody at ADT can provide me with proof i agreed to a five years contract. At this point i am very close to calling Pat Foran at CTV Consumer Alert as ADT has refused to let me out of their company or provide me proof that i agreed to a contract with them. The media needs alert other customers to ADT's fraudulent practices of locking a customer into a contract they never agreed to or let them out of the so called contract.
Once the media gets involved they will resolve the issue and i'm looking forward to causing ADT the embarrassment.

Dear valued customer, we are sorry to read that our services have not met your expectations. Please let the Customer Relations team look into this further. Can you please forward us the phone number associated with the security system and the best number to reach you to [email protected] subject HOMESTARS and we will contact you. Thank you

Worst Security Service

Signed on with ADT in 2014, there were constant issues of false alarms including receiving 5 am phone calls from ADT while we were travelling; we then sent friends to look at our house and nothing had happened. I received a letter from ADT cancelling my service for system issues - once again faulty ADT equipment. Because it was a break of contract, they are saying that I have to pay the cancellation fee even though it was ADT who broke the contract. Bunch of con artists hiding in a corporation.

1 review Surrey, BC

If I could give a netagive rating I will

Our family’s alarm system started with Protectron since 2014, then it changed to ADT. As my business uses ADT and did not have problems, I felt it’s okay about the change.
In the past we had accidentally hit the wrong button but cancelled it with code on the keypad without any problem (the patch was close to the door). Protectron did call to verify, sometimes a couple times if we missed the first call.
Since Protectron passed to ADT, we had a couple times hit the wrong button to set off the alarm then cancelled it by put in the code right away then nothing happened, and never received any calls from ADT. We were actually thinking of calling ADT to find out if we were still in service or not, as our 3 years contract was up a year ago (we do notice the payment was taken each month).
Today I accidentally hit the fire alarm button and cancelled it right away within 3 second. As we did not receive a call before, I did not expect any call and did not check my phone. 15 minutes later, we had a group of firefighters at the door because of the alarm! After sending them off, I found a missed call on my cell and a voice message telling me she was calling about the fire alarm and asked me to call IF I HAVE ANY QUESTION. I do not have any question, I cancelled the alarm right away as what I did in the past.
I called customer service and was told it was the ADT’s procedure, and she ‘did not see why we don’t call the fire department’. I asked then what’s the point of key in the code to cancel the alarm right away? She answered: “That’s our safety procedure.” I know there’s no point to argue with her so I asked for cancelling the service. My call was transferred to another lady who told me right away our service will be cancelled in 30 days. My husband was beside me and he asked why in the past we did not receive any phone calls when similar things happened. The customer service representative just said our last contract day is April 21st and then HANG UP. It’s our first time we got hang up when calling customer service.
We are now expecting a false alarm fine from the city, but feel it's good to leave ADT.

1 review Coquitlam, BC

Home monitoring

I regret every interaction I've had with the company. During the sales process, I was promised a discount by the salesperson, never received it. After installation, a sensor just fell off the wall. Was told by customer support and the tech that I would not be charged. Ended up being charged anyway. These are people who will tell you one thing to your face, turn around and then do the opposite.

Lack of service/support after a break in at my home

My home was broken into and ADT's security system was ripped from the wall. It did not trigger an alarm signal to the monitoring center. I came home to a broken down door and to find my jewelery box gone. ADT spent over a week trying to prove that I did not arm the system rather than trying to help me post break in. Further they reinstalled the system and it is held together with tape. After trying to get resolution for months because they claim they have no liability in this circumstance. They say they had no way of knowing that the system was compromised because of the 60 second delay to disarm the system. As it obviously would only take seconds to pull the system from the wall, it wasn't their fault! I cannot describe how unbelievably bad it has been trying to deal with this company. They have agreed to reimburse my insurance deductible, as long as I provide the required paperwork of course. And now they have the audacity to offer me an upgraded system! How can they possibly think I would remain a customer?

Art no way

No 2 way monitoring!!!!!!! Too hard to cancel false alarms They can't ph landlines. All this results in too many fines. This system does Not meet our needs. So long ADT! You end up costing too much!

Service

They overcharged me and then cancel my service without informing me, they sent me their bill after their cancellation and if I hadent noticed that i don’t have service, I’d have paid them 3 more month, absolutely unprofessional and incompetent, they didn’t put my $200 payment in their last bill, like it’s been lost or I don’t know, avoid

Probably the single worst experience ever

Horrible service, faulty equipment setting off false alarms, inexperienced kids working as technicians. I will never give them my business again. Their panel is the lowest of the industry and yet their cost is more.

Dear Sumeet, we are sorry to read that our services have not met your expectations. Please let the Customer Relations team look into this further. Can you please forward us the phone number associated with the security system and the best number to reach you to [email protected] subject HOMESTARS and we will contact you. Thank you

Sumeet in Ottawa
Sumeet in Ottawa

Don't go with this company

I moved back in August 2017 and called ADT to discontinue my account several days before moving. Then I noticed in October that I was still being billed - when I called ADT again they said there was no record of my cancellation and would not reverse the charges for the 2 months. No customer service skills whatsoever. Will be filing a dispute of charges with credit card company, and will not be dealing with ADT again.

More about ADT Canada

ADT is Canada's #1 home security company. ADT has more than 125 years of experience in Canada, and is one of the most trusted, well known brands in the industry. Today, ADT Canada serves nearly 750, 000 customers from coast to coast, making us the largest company of our kind ...