ADT Canada

HomeStars  >  Alarm Systems in Toronto  >  ADT Canada

Reviews for ADT Canada

mike tjandra from Toronto
mike tjandra from Toronto

Deceptive illegal practices by ADT, no regard for customers

I signed on 3 years ago for a 36 month contract. I have dutifully paid for 36 months. Now that I have told them I want to stop their services, they say that I actually signed on for 39 months! A complete and utter deception. This is deceptive and illegal practice. I even have paperwork that says 36 months!!!
Second problem is the alarm system keeps beeping every day even if the alarm is not set to arm. I have to disarm it every single time it beeps. There is something wrong with the system obviously. This company has refused to fix the problem. They said they will someone to come fix it only if I pay them to!! Can you believe this nonsense?
I will report them to the better business bureau and I will launch legal action for illegal deceptive practices.

Good morning Mr. Tjandra. I am sorry to read that we did not come inot a common ground in regards of your account. In order to assist you further can you contct me at mcaron@adt.ca? Madeleine Caron Executive Esclations at ADT Canada Inc.

Anila in Old Toronto
Anila in Old Toronto

The worst company ever

This Company is the worst along with Alarm Guard. I tried to cancel the service the next day of the installation and couldn’t. In the contract said that you can within 10 days without reason and 6 months with reasons. Called ADT and Alarm Guard for two months tried everything I could and no results. Some ADT costumer services supposedly tried to help me and at the end nothing happened. I refuse to pay my bills and put a complain with the Small Business Bureau.

Private User reviews Consecon, ON

Disastrous Service - not able to stop beeping - ADT never again

During writing the terrible beeping sound continues every minute - chasing everybody incl. guests out of the house. ADT worked with untrained persons for hours and unable to stop the terrible noise. Our request to get a manager was answered 3 times with hang up the phone. ADT tech service is getting worse and worse. Waiting for their response but no one does. Damage to hearing, nerves and ripping out ADT - unbelievable. And that is not the first time, never again ADT

REG in Ottawa
REG in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

BEING CHARGED FOR NO EQUIPMENT/NO SERVICE

HELP! Some 2.5 years ago when Carleton Security (Ottawa) was selling its monitoring accounts to a Calgary company, I decided to cancel service, so Carleton staff removed the equipment. So, there has been no service for going on 3 years. In spite of that, ADT which appears to have acquired the accounts continues to insist on payment. We have many times tried to explain that I have not had the equipment so there is no service. ADT recently sent what they consider arrears to a collection agency which is pressing for payment and affecting my credit rating. ADT has been impossible to reason with, insisting that they have provided service years after it was disconnected. I'm 89 years old and do not merit this pig-headed predatory approach. I live in the same building as other family members and am still independent. How can I get ADT off my back and my credit rating restored? Mrs. RM, Ottawa

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

ADT Alarm System

Worst company ever. They make Rogers and Bell look good. I have been a customer for 11 years and tried to put the contract on hold for a couple of months but they wouldn't. So I said to cancel and I would start back up when my guests were all gone. They wouldn't do it. Never responded. You can't email them. Then they finally said they would cancel but I owed another month. I don't even have a contract with them anymore -- it has been month to month for 8 years or more. Terrible service and not an honest company. There are many better and much cheaper. Shop around.

Hi, we are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations with the result that you cancelled your services. I invite you to send me your accout information (address of the location so I can review your account and assist you. mcaron@adtca. (Madeleine Caron, Executive Escalations Team reresentative)

Kd in Portage la Prairie
Kd in Portage la Prairie
1 review Portage La Prairie, MB

Terrible customer service

We wanted to cancel our alarm service....and we have gotten nothing but the run around. Apparently I made a verbal contract for 60 months with a customer service rep over the phone. I hadn’t a hard time understanding the rep due to language barrier. I only received my contract via email a week ago. When I said that I didn’t agree to a 60 month contract and never received a contract when we renewed we were told “we can’t control the mail” Now they won’t allow us to get out of our contract, and refuse to send the statement of remaining balance to us, only giving us a verbal amount. They will send a statement after it’s been paid. What a joke. We didn’t even sign with ADT in the first place, they bought out the original alarm company we signed with.

Good morning KD, we are sorry to read that you want cancel your services with us. In order to help you in regards of our concern I invite you to contact me directly at mcaron@adt.ca. I am one of the Executive Escalations Team member I will be to assist you further.

Madeleine Caron

Toll free : 1-800-653-9111
mcaron@adt.ca

Private User reviews East Selkirk, MB

Do not trust ADT

When ADT signs you up they are excellent at your door with nice looking young sales men. The system was put in well and maintained well, until it broke. I did not want a new system so I had a broken system that worked most of the time but not always. In fact, the lights would go out at night or during the daytime when I am at work. This went on for over 1 year. My contract has ended but the operators tell me that it is still valid but it is over and I sent in my written cancellation. ADT keeps changing my contract end date when it expired May 31, 2018. ADT also signs up senior ages 89 & 90 years old when they will not live that long. ADT is dishonest and disrespectful. Use another Alarm company.

Tom Perks from Mississauga
Tom Perks from Mississauga

Ridiculously Poor Customer Service

I have been a customer of ADT's predecessor Alarm System companies for more than 20 years and have been satisfied with the service. Given that time of loyalty most companies would consider me to be a good customer as I have always paid my invoices on time. I don't recall during that 20 years or more ever finding the need to call and complain about anything.
But since ADT took over it's been a horrendous experience.
For the past 18 months they have been applying my monitoring service payments to the wrong invoices. Then they send me past due notices for the invoices I have already paid.
In May 2018 they finally sent me a message that my account was at zero, then in June send me a past due invoice!
After hours and hours of research on my end, numerous phone calls and many more emails sending proof of bank payment to at least 6 ADT reps, they still don't get it.
There appears to be no internal communication as none of the ADT reps I spoke with appear to know what I have discussed with the others. Each and every conversation with a new ADT rep starts from scratch.
They really need to rewrite their mission statement where they talk about top quality service and putting customers first.
I have since cancelled ADT and switched to Rogers for much better service and a much lower price. I am generally a non complaining person who accepts that we are all human and mistakes do happen, but after 18 months of absolutely horrendous treatment from ADT I will never deal with them again.

September 27, 2018.
I posted this review more than a month ago and received a very nice apology from Madeleine Caron their Executive Escalation representative as noted below. To my surprise I have just received an email from ADT's accounting people saying I owe them $164.08 for an invoice dated May 12, 2017. I've forgotten how may times they change their mind on what invoice is unpaid after I send my bank statements proving payment of every invoice.
It's shocking that one hand of ADT apologizes and closes the issue, and the other hand doesn't know what's going on. This lack of communication with their flawed accounting system has been played over and over for the past 18 months as every ADT representative I speak with has no idea what conversation was held previously with other ADT representatives.
It's absolutely shocking and is just mind boggling how inept their accounting system is. Do yourself a huge favour - do not deal with these people.

Dear Mr. Perk first & Foremost please accept our sincere apologies for the misunderstanding & billing issues you have experienced. After investigating your account I did instruct our Collection department to remove your account from the agency. You will no longer be receving calls from them. Please ignore the breach of contract invoice your received, we have waived the invoice.

Yours Truly,

Madeleine Caron, Executive Escalation representative, ADT Canada Inc (at mcaron@adt.ca)

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Worst experience

I was away from the country when i got a phone call that my alarm went off!! I told them to cancel it and that it was a false alarm and she said she would do that!! After 4 hours i get another call saying my alarm went off and she didn’t know anything about the previous phone call that I already got!! They left my alarm going on for 4 hours even though i told them not to!! Until the police showed up!
I had to pay the police 150 dollars for their mistake!!
And of course when you call they dont have anyone to solve problems by phone and they asked me to send an email instead!!
Of course that was never resolved!!
To top everything off!! Apparently i missed 2 payments which i had no idea about!! And Instead of calling me to notify me first or email me they sent it to collections!!
Worst experience!! I don’t recommend them to anyone!!

Good morning we are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. In order to help you resolve the issue can cou contact me at mcaron@adt.ca so I can assist you futher. Madeleine Caron, Executive Escalations at ADT Canada Inc.

Don't waste your time or money

After being a customer for 14 years with over 15 false alarms, the last one being a false fire alarm, we have decided to cancel our contract. The false fire alarm was the icing on the cake. When I called the tech department for an explanation I was told 'that happens sometimes'. ?? The tech who came out to look at our system told us that these particular systems where faulty and should have been replaced. No one returned your calls, everyone makes promises, and everyone shuffles you from one place to the next . This morning I got shuffled to five different departments and once again ended up in customer retention which offered us a deal at $200 for a new system and $6 more a month.. Huh? We canceled. Do not waste your time with this company

Good morning, I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectation. In order to help you, could you please contact me at msblendoriomoriello@adt.ca so I can review your account with you.

More about ADT Canada

ADT is Canada's #1 home security company. ADT has more than 125 years of experience in Canada, and is one of the most trusted, well known brands in the industry. Today, ADT Canada serves nearly 750, 000 customers from coast to coast, making us the largest company of our kind ...
Looking for Alarm Systems pros in Toronto?