Adams Door Systems Inc

Reviews for Adams Door Systems Inc

Sandra  in Mississauga
Sandra in Mississauga

Garage doors (single)

ADAMS DOOR SYSTEMS is the worst company we had to deal with and we would NEVER recommend it to anyone!!! We purchased a garage door in June 2017 that was due to be installed in 10 days according to the owner, Dave. This is how they actually did their business with us... 6-7 weeks later, we FINALLY got to the installation part - but with the wrong windows on the garage door! We paid EXTRA for those types of windows, but got the much cheaper version. We called the next day and informed them of the situation. That did not help. After multiple calls to the company, talking to his assistant, leaving countless of voice-mails, we decided to go see the owner himself, Dave. When we entered the premises, he recognized us immediately, left the "reception area" and hide in his office with his assistant for about 10 minutes. We just waited there, even though there were no customers in the company at that time. When we finally got to speak to him, he was rude, disrespectful, loud, impolite, and kept rolling his eyes when we spoke to him or tried to ask him questions. We brought witnesses with us and they were appalled by this "businessman" behavior and unwillingness to solve the problem. He was constantly raising his voice when we showed him our agreement (which is still under guarantee by the way). We told him that was not how customers should be treated. His reaction to that was to roll his eyes again. We could not believe it!!! Needless to say, our calls still remain unanswered and now we are stuck with a garage door that was NOT what we had ordered - not to mention overpaid. Please think twice before dealing with ADAMS DOOR SYSTEMS. Their service is bad and customer service is terrible. Lastly, dealing with the owner Dave (to solve our problem) is practically impossible. Do not make the same mistake we did!!! Find another company!

Garage Doors

In 2014 Adams Door Systems installed & painted 2 Clopay garage doors on our garage. This year we noticed the doors were delaminating and we asked Adams to submit a warranty claim to Clopay. They replied that they did this and months later we still hadn't heard anything and Adams wouldn't give us direct contact info for Clopay. We found the information on our own and submitted our claim to Clopay. Clopay then asked for the LRV value of the paint. Adams emailed back the approximate numbers from the paint store and we submitted this to Clopay. Clopay sent us a letter denying our claim because Adams used the wrong paint. Adams is denying responsibility and is generally nonresponsive. Everything is great until there is a problem then they don't want to here from you. Buyer beware!!!
Update: Adams Door Systems has now replaced the doors.

Review has 1 previous version
Gord Sherman in San Francisco
Gord Sherman in San Francisco
1 review Brossard, QC

Garage Door Installation

Hi Dave

I just wanted to pass on my thanks to you and the men working with you for a job well done. The garage door makes all the difference to the front of our home. The neighbours have already commented on how the new door looks so good compared to the other doors on the street.

Thanks for all your help

Gord and Colleen Sherman

Hi Gord & Colleen,
Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. It's alway's great to hear from our wonderful customer's! We are glad that you like your new garage door, it's a great fit for your home!

Dolly
Dolly

Garage Door Replacement

I had my garage Door replaced earlier this year. I called for a quote and Dave came out to my house and met with me in person just before Christmas. He took the time to talk to me about my options, colours, prices etc. I was impressed with his promptness and professionalism. When I decided to move ahead with the purchase, I called Dave and again he was quite pleasant to work with. My garage door was installed as per the estimated time given by Dave and it works like a charm. I would highly recommend Adams Doors to anyone looking to replace their garage door.. Great reliable professional service!. Thanks!
Dolly.

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We were happy to work with you to find the right garage door. Many thanks for the reccomendations!

Steve Doran in Oakville
Steve Doran in Oakville

Garage Door Installation

Adams Door Systems did a great job installing our garage door. The consultation, installation, and customer service were excellent. The prices were good, including the upgrades we purchased. I will definitely call them for future work and will recommend them to others.

Hi Steve,
We appreciate your feedback and are happy to know that you had a positive experience with us. We look forward to working with you in future projects!

Mark in Toronto
Mark in Toronto
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Rusty garage doors

Nothing against Adams, they were a great company to deal with during the sales and installation period. (Although I wished that they would have been a bit more helpful here) I just wanted to note that I hope that the quality of the Clopay doors has improved since my purchase because I have quite a bit of rust at the bottom of both doors and they’ve only been in place for just a little under 7 years. (My neighbor had his doors replaced 2 years before I did (not Clopay), and there isn’t a speck of rust of his doors) Thinking back on the date the doors were installed and I can say that I never would have imagine that I would need to repair or replace my garage doors in such a short period of time. Not good.

Final note: about a year ago, as requested by Adams, I was told to report the problem to Clopay to have them address the problem. And I must say that this was the worst experience I’ve ever had dealing directly with a manufacturer regarding a product complaint. Completing un-interested in working with me to find a resolution.

Marlene in Mississauga
Marlene in Mississauga
1 review Caledon, ON

Job Well Done

We visited the showroom at Adam's Door Systems in Mississauga and easily picked out a new garage door and windows from the showroom displays. We were very pleased with the entire process and especially the installation. The installers were very experienced, courteous and carted off all the debris leaving our garage in perfect order. The crafmanship was outstanding! We will definitely use them next year for a new front door.

More about Adams Door Systems Inc

Garage Doors, Entry Doors, Service and Repairs A family owned business since 1946, Adams Door Systems Inc. is proud to be a Master Authorized Dealer in the Mississauga, Vaughan and Toronto (GTA) areas for Clopay Garage Doors and LiftMaster electric openers. We offer sales, installation, and servicing for residential garage ...
Looking for Garage Doors & Hardware pros in Toronto?