Acorn Wood Floors

Eric from Habidex Renovations
Eric from Habidex Renovations
13 reviews New Westminster, BC

House redone in Burnaby

I hired Ron at Acorn ( again)! Great work, timely and got it right. What more can we ask for. Always a pleasure guys, thanks again! Here’s a picture of the living / dining room after a new set of stairs, redoing the inlays and sanding it.

Shawna in Vancouver
Shawna in Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Refinish Hardwood Floors

I was very impressed by the quality of the refinishing to repair my very old hardwood floors. The project took one day to complete and the results were incredible. We had several scuffs and water stains and the crew did a great job and we were 100% satisfied. Everyone at the company were professional and very pleasant to deal with. We recommend them and will hire them again for other rooms in the house!

Radim in Vancouver
Radim in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

hardwood floor done well

Ron and his son installed hardwood floor at my place. The job was done very well, I liked it. Ron is friendly. I would recommend this company to others too.

Midori in Surrey
Midori in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Kitchen/family room new floor

I am over the moon happy with my new floor. Acorn's Ron and Alex did a high quality installation. They get an APLUS from me and my husband just referred to them as gems to a friend. High praise to be sure. I would recommend Ron and Alex to everyone wanting a great job. Thanks guys! Midori

Jack & Pat in Coquitlam, British Columbia
Jack & Pat in Coquitlam, British Columbia
1 review Coquitlam, BC

3 bedrooms and halls

Ron and his son Alex built up low areas with plywood and sanded down high spots in our upstairs bedrooms and halls before installing 5" engineered maple flooring. The work required scribe fitting some areas and undercutting existing wainscoting in one bedroom. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they glued down the flooring in addition to the nailing that I had requested. Transitions to two bathrooms are perfect. Acorn is not the cheapest but they are worth it! We are very pleased with their work and will call on them for our main floor when we are ready.

Winsom in Delta
Winsom in Delta
2 reviews Delta, BC

Quality work

Ron did a great job for us. A true artist when it comes to flooring. If you are looking for someone who takes pride in their work and is priced fairly then Acorn is your choice. We had a difficult job and Ron made it look easy. We are very pleased and would recommend to anyone !

I'm blushing :)
Thanks for you business Pamela and Lorne, It was nice dealing with people who knew what they want. Quite a variety of work on your place which kept it interesting as well. The kitchen floor was especially fun and putting in the walnut plugs with my son brought back happy memories of doing the same with my dad many years ago. Wishing you many years of enjoyment on your new and refreshed floors!

Diana
Diana
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Renovation Project - Hardwood Floors

I was remiss in not doing a review when Ron first installed our Hardwood floors a few years ago. At that time, we did all of the bedrooms, hallway, stairs, living room and dining room. He was very patient with me, especially with the stairs. A year later we had him back to do the den, again a wonderful job. But what has finally prompted me to send in this review is his recent service. We had one board that had cracked in the middle of the living room. Ron, came, took out the cracked board and replaced it with some of the materials left from the original job. When my husband asked for the invoice, Ron replied, No Charge, Material Defect. How refreshing not to have someone charging you for every little thing and how wonderful to have someone who stands behind his work and his product. THANK YOU RON!

Thanks for the review :) ...and of course for you business!
You point out a big difference between us and our competition, our products have very few failures or issues so we can afford to fix the few that do pop up from time to time. That is a major reason we don't sell by warrantee and stick mainly to North American products like yours. My dad always said "sell products that work"!

Private User reviews Gibsons, BC

Refinish hardwood floors

We had our maple hardwood floors (originally stained a reddish colour) sanded, filled and restained a graphite tone (browns and greys and a bit of black). Paul Turner was the floor refinisher and did a beautiful job. He worked long and hard, was very easy to deal with and explained things as the job went along. We appreciate the excellent job and give high recommendations!

Thank you for the kind review! So glad you like the floors and having seen the before and after pictures it is quite a change! Paul is a perfectionist and we are happy to have him on our team :) Let us know if you have any questions and thanks for your business. Cheers, Ron.

The Laings in Delta
The Laings in Delta
1 review Delta, BC

Refinished oak floors

Had red oak sanded and refinished in natural tone. Outstanding quality of workmanship. Floors look even more beautiful than we expected. Excellent company to deal with. Would highly recommend them to others.

We are finally getting back to normal after our move, thanks for the review and for spoiling Paul on his first job here in BC. We know you will get many years more of enjoyment from the new finish. Thanks for having us do your work. Cheers, Ron

Calvin in Burnaby
Calvin in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

sanding and refinishing hardwood floors

Very happy with the results.

The job took 6 days in total. They moved washer, dryer and the freezer.

I would definitely recommend their services to anyone in the future.

Glad we were able to give your floors a new lease on life and happy you like the results. Ron.

More about Acorn Wood Floors

Acorn Wood Floors continues a family tradition started in 1959. This company is a product of the combined experiences of the Teljeur family and its background in the flooring industry. While our product line will suit many budget ranges, we still carry only first line, fully warrantied, dependable products. The majority of our product selection consists of North American and European brands.

As well as new installations, Acorn is known within the industry for its excellence in restorations, refinishing and extending of exisiting wood floors. Refinishing wood flooring is no longer the intrusive smelly dust storm of the past. With the combination of our Dust Collection Systems and our use of durable, environmentally friendly water-based finishes, the refinishing process doesn't turn your life upside down.