Absolute Draining & Plumbing

Reviews for Absolute Draining & Plumbing

melpatk
melpatk

Installation of Back Flow Valve

Andy (the estimator) was terrific. Showed up exactly when he said he would and gave me (and my son) great advice on how to maintain the work they put in at our house. Crews were a little late on starting but stayed until the job was finished. What I thought was going to be a 2 - 3 day job (installation of a Back Flow Valve) was completed and inspected in 1 day! Will definitely use them again.

Frances in Toronto, Ontario
Frances in Toronto, Ontario

Drainage Issue

In the middle of the cold snap in Toronto when frozen pipes and no heat were an issue for so many, getting someone to help with my drainage/flooding issue was a problem. Absolute was recommended to me by another plumbing company (yes - they're that good) as they're drainage experts and glad they did. The root system from my maple tree had found its way into the original pipes and had caused a major barricade. Andrew came in with his camera scope, diagnosed the problem within a few minutes, gave me a quote on the spot and was back the next day with his crew to start the work. He also recommended the install of a backwash valve and helped me to navigate the required permit, city inspection and paperwork for the rebate currently being offered by the city. Great idea as the floor had to be opened up anyway - get it all done at once before the new flooring goes down! He also replaced a leaky shut off valve for me. All in all, Absolute was reasonably priced and did quick, quality work. Great experience working with Andrew and his team! Would recommend without hesitation.

Jim in San Francisco
Jim in San Francisco

Back Flow Value Installation

Our Etobicoke area continues to be subject to disastrous flooding with any heavy rains. Andrew returned my initial call promptly, looked at my house drainage system and provided a firm price quote upfront. He checked in several times to oversee the job and what I noticed most importantly was the great report he has with his team. Within the universe of trade services and the awful outcome many have learned unfortunately after the fact, these gentlemen are the best to deal with.

Michael J in
Michael J in

Lead Pipe Replacement/Back-flow Valve Install/Waterproofing

Needed to waterproof front of my home and decided to also do some plumbing work before I landscape. Andrew was very helpful and came in at the budget I hoped to pay. Work was done a day early and I am more than happy with the finished product. I will definitely use Absolute for any future work and won't hesitate to recommend.

Daniel in Toronto
Daniel in Toronto

Leaking pipe

I didnt know who to call when I had a leak from an HVAC drain, so I went down the list on Google. Andrew was the 3rd call I made and the best person I spoke to. He was available that day, and provided great service. Above and beyond, thank you Andrew.

I am glad to be of help. Andrew

Liliya in Toronto
Liliya in Toronto

Trap in front of our house replaced with backwater device

Our house used to have a building trap on the front yard and it caused two sewage backups within last year. Andrew from Absolute came at night after last backup has happened and explained the problem with the trap. In couple days his crew has excavated the trap along with damaged parts of the drain pipe. Moreover they have installed a backflow device that prevents backups in the future.
Andrew has come on very short notice and spent quite some time to explain the reasons behind backups and scope of proposed work. The whole job has been done in two days. Two guys were working almost entire first day in a large hole in the ground. Next day after City Inspector has accepted their work they backfilled the hole. It was even hard to tell that we had large excavation and a pile of dirt on our front yard.
As a part of this terrific job, Andrew has arranged inspection and helped us with paper work required to receive the City flood protection incentive.
This review is a token of our appreciation for incredible job Andrew and Absolute have done for us.

Thank you Liliya for choosing our company to rectify your drain problem. Vlad

Private User reviews Etobicoke, ON

A new water supply pipe to home

I had Andrew come to my home to give me an estimate for a new pipe from the outside main to the basement of my Home. Basically an entire new main water supply pipe. He showed up promptly and gave me his Professional advice and educated myself on some issues I was concerned about. I gave him the job and he sent over his team of workers. His team paid attention to detail in making certain that the work was completed flawlessly. Andrew also adjusted the costs of the work to better fit our tight budget.
I highly recommend his company to anyone that has plumbing issues.

Ronita from Toronto
Ronita from Toronto

Installation of sump pump with battery back up

Absolute plumbing installed my sump pump, In little more than a year the pipes Paul had installed leaked and damaged insulation, dry wall and almost caused electrical short circuit. The pump kept tripping as soon as it was triggered and just would not work. After repeated calls Andrew came and could not even identify the problem, my husband had to show him what was wrong and he calls himself a plumber. Hah! He then sent Paul again. He came and charged another $120 to replace pipes that were substandard in the first place or why would they leak within months of installation? And if they did then they should replace at no cost to me as I paid for pipes that should last for several years. Right? They kept denying they had installed the pipes and said if I had paid over $2000 they might have. I produced the receipt signed by them which clearly said $2200 then they changed their tune and said this was not the correct receipt; they had given me another. A blatant untruth!! Just to get more money out of a trusting customer. Battery back-up did not work either and Andrew agreed to look into it but after pocketing the $120 he never picked up the phone even once or respond to a single call or text of mine. I tried to contact him at least 8-10 times. If you want quality material and even passable service DO NOT CALL ABSOLUTE PLUMBING!! They are extremely shad and unprofessional.. They provide substandard material and appliances and always over charge. Now I have to not only replace a supposedly brand new battery that just would not work but also may have to replace the pump if it does not work when the thaw sets in. All at my cost again. These guys have no conscience and they skirt the issue all the time. Out of the goodness of my heart I gave 1* as they responded to my call after the July 2013 Toronto floods and now I know why. No one calls them!!! They deserve 0 really.

Brendan M.
Brendan M.

Clogged kitchen drain

A worker came to my house that I just moved into to unclog my kitchen sink. He used his machine that snakes down through the pipes and after 10 minutes or so he was finished. He then ran the water down the drain and used my plunger to push water through to help break up the 'grease' that was built up. He was convinced it was grease. The water drained and I paid him $200 for his 35 minutes of service and he left.
However, 7 days later it started to back up again. (I have not put ANYTHING other then typical soap and water etc down the drain. I called the company back and told the man (who is the manager) what happened and right away he said that I will have to pay again for the service. After a little back and forth and the both of us pleading our case he swore at me and then hung up on me.
I did call back and asked for him to leave my name and number for the owner to call me.
This is embarrassing and some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
DO NOT use this company for anything!!

fred from Toronto
fred from Toronto

Back water valve and storm drain

I got them to install back water valve and replace the storm and sanitary pipes. they did a horrible job. Do not trust them. they are very unprofessional. they actually caused some damages before they left. They are not willing to fix the damages. Their boss Andrew will not help you after the fact. theu just want the money and once they get it they are gone. Do not trust them. Do yourself a favour and stay away from this company.

More about Absolute Draining & Plumbing

Absolute Draining & Plumbing is a dynamic and fast growing company that provides draining and plumbing services in the Greater Toronto Area with a comitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Curently Absolute Draining & Plumbing operates six radio dispatched fuly equiped trucks and employs fourten profesionals that understand our comitment.
Looking for Drain Services pros in Toronto?