Abacus Furniture Design

Furniture Designers & Custom Builders
915 Oxford St Etobicoke ON M8Z 5T3

Reviews for Abacus Furniture Design

Live Edge Table and Couch

We met Abacus at the Royal Fair in 2015. We were looking for a family outing and had no intention to buy furniture at the farm show. To our surprise we met Kelly and Kevin, sales people for their family store Abacus. They took the time to talk to us about our needs and made suggestions as to what would fit in our unique space. We were most interested in a Canadian made sectional couch that was half of the price of the other stores. We left a small deposit at the show for a sectional couch and went into the store after the fair to confirm our colour.

In the store we met with Robert who was extremely knowledgeable. With the help of all the sales people we had met we added a beautiful live edge dining table to our order. They manufacture the tables on site and quoted us 6-8 weeks for delivery. The product arrived on time and as ordered.

We are beyond thrilled with our furniture and can't wait to use it for years to come.

Patio Furniture

We pay deposit for patio furniture on June 08 for two weeks delivery
6 weeks later we still do not have our patio furniture
Service in the store is very professional and nice though
Sorry that delate happen but unfortunately we are canceling the deal

Review has 1 previous version

At Abacus we always strive to make every customer's experience with us positive and memorable. Unfortunately in this case due to high demand the items the customer custom ordered were delayed. As a result, on June 14th the Customer was informed an updated ETA of July 13th had been given to us from the custom manufacturer. The customer and her husband ok'd the delay via a phone conversation and in person. The customers were offered the use of a brand new patio set for their party on July 9th as their set would not arrive prior to their party. Abacus Furniture also rushed their custom cushions and fire pit and included free delivery for their inconvenience. At no time did the customer request a refund, or to purchase an in stock set. Customer has since been fully refunded for their custom order.

linda in East york
linda in East york
5 reviews East York, ON

dinning set and table

If you are looking for custom wood furniture that last forever, this is the company. They do absolutely amazing job and the quality is top of the line. Harvey was so patience with me. I am the type of person who knows exactly what I want and every single detail is very important to me. I paid a little more but i know these furniture will last and will probably be pass down to my grand children….in 20yrs. They do such incredible work and the craftsmanship is just simply top notch. I recommend them to everybody. Thank Harvey for my beautiful furniture.

Susan
Susan
4 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Ready-made couch

I came here to consider a custom couch and ended up buying one (down cushions, modern styling) from their (large!) floor model showroom. I have never owned a nicer couch! True, if I bought it custom-made, it would have cost about twice as much, but now that I've experienced this level of craftsmanship and originality I'd probably pay more for it. As it was I got a modern, stylish comfortable couch that everyone loves for about what I would have paid across the Gardiner at Ikea. I will say that as someone who is not used to buying custom furniture I found the place a little overwhelming -- there are just so many choices, books of fabrics, etc) but I got the impression there was help/advice around if I needed it. Luckily I went to look at floor models and I didn't have to make any choices besides which of two models I liked best. Delivery was reasonably priced and on time, etc. Ask to see the floor models!

sanda from Oakville
sanda from Oakville

kitchen/dining table

This is the second purchase from Abacus Furniture for my family-this time a custom kitchen table. I can only say all the best about quality, craftsmanship and customer service. Very happy with my table!

Anu in Markham
Anu in Markham

New couch from Abacus

Love these guys! We've been looking for a good quality couch for months! We went to a bunch of high-pressure furniture stores that sold products that looked nice but the workmanship/underlying materials were not so great. Found Abacus and are so happy with our purchase.

They were having a great sale on a down-filled, hardwood framed, slipcovered couch. Harvey was knowledgeable and showed us a whole bunch of relevant items. Super friendly store (and deilvery men, Dave and Barry) and I just love the cozy cottage-themed room in the back. Will definitely be return customers.

Thanks!

A.K in East York
A.K in East York

custom unit

I wish more people realized the importance of quality furniture made locally. The quality is beyond anything you'd find at a box store, and better looking to boot! Gorgeous hardwood furniture that is totally worth the little more it costs.

Custom Furniture - throughout the home

We live in South Etobicoke - and wandered into the Abacus showroom about 4 years ago. We loved the quality and style of the funiture, and the staff were all friendly, knowledgeable and skilled in their craft. We expected the furniture to be out of our price range, but surprisingly, after we compared, it was less expensive than most "mass produced", high end brands. The difference with Abacus was that the quality was MUCH better (solid wood, hardware, sliders, finishes etc etc.), many of the items we bought were literally custom designed and built for us (dining room step-back, night tables, dresser, beautiful filing cabinet), the service was fantastic and we have gone back many, many times. Harvey, Rob and Glen are a great team and make furniture shopping a very enjoyable experience. Rob has a great eye for design and loves to work with the customer to come up with pieces that are truly unique.

Downtown Mike
Downtown Mike
2 reviews Thief River Falls, MN

Purchased Couch

Our experience was both good and bad. The good : Sectional Sofa with Bed was priced $200 below their competitors. The bad : we purchased the sofa in September and just received it now in February. The bad : They promised it to us for November. The good: They did loan us a brand new sofa in December so we'd have something for us (and guests) to sit on for the holidays.

Joanne from The Beach
Joanne from The Beach

Custom furniture

Abacus Furniture made me an extraordinary entertainment unit in solid curly maple. I get complements from my friends and family on how great it looks. I have now sent 3 of my friends there too, and all have been happy with what they got. Thank you Abacus for making great furniture and having great service.

More about Abacus Furniture Design

Hand crafted, finest solid wood furniture custom designed for home or office.