AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
I'm not just a disgruntled customer with post-purchase remorse. This company performed an unbelievably bad installation on my home. It looks alright from the ground, but when you get up on the roof, you can see all the faults.
Here's a list:
1. The eavestrough has been installed in such a way as to trap the drip edge between the back surface of the trough and the fascia, rendering the drip edge completely ineffective.
2. In many places. the j-mold has not been installed straight. The result is that the soffit does not traverse the side of the building in a straight line. This makes it impossible for me to install the specified trim on the siding so that the soffit matches the plane of the trim.
3. The slope of the eavestrough is inconsistent in spots, meaning that water can collect and be unable to drain properly.
4. Outlets to connect the downpipes to the eavestrough have not been used. An “X” has been cut across the opening in the eavestrough, the resulting tabs folded down, and the downpipes screwed to the tabs. While this may work, it is common knowledge that using an outlet fitting is the proper way to attach downpipes to eavestrough.
5. In one spot, an inside mitered corner of the trough does not sit snug against the fascia.
They talk a good game but are absolutely intractable when it comes to actually addressing these problems. They did send a labourer around who said that he was going to reposition one short piece of eavestrough, and that was all. After we discussed the scope of the work to be done, he and I agreed that it would be best not to do just a small part of the job. The company was on the phone to me within the hour, claiming that I had told them to go away.
Obfuscation, foot-dragging, half-truths, avoidance - these are the words I would use to describe their approach.
Their motto ought to be: "We're not happy until you're not happy."