Moncada Windows Doors & Siding

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
1800 Danforth Ave Toronto ON M4C1H8
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in East York  >  Moncada Windows Doors & Siding

Reviews for Moncada Windows Doors & Siding

May in North York
May in North York

amazing customer service

I had all my windows installed by Anthony back in 1991. I'd researched many companies and they carried quality products at reasonable prices. Over the years, I slowly upgraded, replacing the older doors, siding, eavestroughs, etc. This year, one of my window seals failed. Anthony sent his team to change the window and they checked their work from 27 years ago. Dominic and Sebastian even put in a new seal for my older garden window since they were onsite. Tony (the eavestrough guy) also came recently to replace some soffit work after the squirrels tried to build a nest. He also checked all his previous work. I sure picked the right company! If you are looking for amazing long term customer service and quality products, call them.

Marilyn in Toronto
Marilyn in Toronto

Window installation

10 years ago Moncado installed installed 6 windows in our home. We were very satisfied, and so recently had them replace the final 3 old windows in our home, in the basement. You can tell you're dealing with a family business and not a chain. Installers arrived exactly when they said they would, and completed the job quickly and neatly.

Windows and Door Installation

We have used Moncada Windows on two separate occasions and been very satisfied with the quality of their workmanship and professionalism. We have had our windows for over 3 years and they work and look great, so when it was time to replace our front door we shopped around and found that Moncada offered us the best options at the best price. Their installation crew are experienced and efficient and it shows in how quick and clean they work. Our neighbours had similar work done by another company, and their crew was there for the whole day and left a lot of debris. Our new front door looks great, I wish we had done it sooner.

Windows, Doors & Patio Door

I had a door, windows and patio door installed. I couldn't be more happier with the Moncada team from beginning to end. I would highly recommend them. Their work is amazing and we are thrilled with the final result. Thank you for a job well done!!!!

Michael in Toronto
Michael in Toronto

Windows and door

-Great service, great salesperson, personable and tidy.
-Worked quick and honestly.
-Really love the work Moncada's team produces. -Transformed my home.
-very friendly
- pricing was fair with no run around.

Custom window

My wife and I recently had some major renovations done on our home. For the most part, the renovations went well given some minor delivery issues with some of the companies involved with the contractor. One company where it didn’t go well was with Moncada. We wanted a garden window installed in our new, renovated kitchen and, these windows are difficult to find someone who can provide them. Moncada said they could provide a custom made garden window within 8 to 12 weeks which was great so we signed the contract with them. Unfortunately, it took almost 3 months before the window was ready which didn’t miss some of the cold that came into Toronto around October. Although this was not appreciated, that the window wasn’t ready before the weather became more inclimate, things got worse. When the garden window was finally delivered and installed, it was found to have been damaged, at the factory or by the delivery people (uncertain as to how it was damaged). So it had to go back to the factory to be “repaired”. This is after waiting for months for the window!! When the repaired garden window was brought back and re-installed, it was a sloppy job of use of the sealing material, it wasn’t neat at all. Importantly, the window wasn’t the size that the contractor expected, it was wider!! The contractor had requested a second measurement for the custom window as the first one done by the company was not the right dimensions. Instead of using the correct, second measurement; the company used the first, incorrect dimensions. Given this considerable error and not wanting to wait another 3 months with winter coming on, I decided that dealing with this company and the window was too much, so agreed with my contractor to keep the window and the contractor would then have to modify their kitchen design to accommodate the slightly larger window. When I approached Moncada about these issues, instead of treating me like the client they should appreciate, they argued with me about responsibility for the issues, not admitting that it was their fault nor offering me any compensation for my troubles with this window. Although, they did offer me a shelf (which should have been part of the original window sale anyway, in my opinion, as the window came with brackets for a shelf but no shelf!!! Weird). In addition, the straw that broke the camel’s back was they pushed through a charge of over $2000 on my VISA card without my authorization, which caused me to file an official dispute claim with my VISA provider. In any event, I would caution anybody in dealing with Moncada and I certainly would not recommend this company to anyone wanting anything custom made, especially garden windows.

Windows and Entry Door

We have just finished our windows and entry door of our house and are very happy.

We met Anthony at the Home Show in 2015 and he came out to measure. We weren't in a position to go ahead with out project at that time but our meeting was pleasant. Home Show 2016 came around and we were seriously interested in getting out project started. Anthony came out and measured 3 times. He was very thorough and let us know the benefits and draw backs to some of our preferred choices. We went with some of his suggestions and kept some of our choices.

Moncada does not manufacture their own windows so they gave us approximate lead times. The windows were quoted to come in 4-6 weeks but arrived at 8 weeks. Gisele in the office did a great job keeping us as informed as possible when it came to this slight delay. It is understandable that because they don't manufacture they do not have absolute control over how long the product takes to arrive.

On install day Vince, the installer, arrived on time, did a beautiful job, and left our house as clean as possible.

We now have a fresh look to our home and have already recommended Moncada to friends and neighbors.

Disappointed in Mississauga
Disappointed in Mississauga

Bedroom Windows

We had two windows installed last June (2015). Lovely windows but one of the windows did not lock properly. Contacted the company in October, finally reached someone and the Salesman did come out and check the window. He then proceeded to tell us that the installer would come out and check the window too. The installer came out and that was the last we heard, NO follow-up. I called again and again and again, left messages until someone finally called back. The Salesman came out once again, nothing had changed and the damn window still did not lock. Salesman informed us he would have a meeting with the "team" and let us know the outcome. We are now in July and have been informed that this is a manufacturers default. We are now waiting for the manufacturer to now assess the window. For the love of god why is there never any accountability for workmanship these days. You are happy to take the business but you fall flat on your face when it comes to customer service. I would never use you again and neither would I recommend your company. I will be delighted when this is all over.

james in Toronto
james in Toronto

ENTIRE HOUSE OF WINDOWS AND DOORS

We had our entire house of windows, doors a patio door and 2 storm doors all installed in the matter of 3 days all before our daughters wedding. What a wonderful experience!!!!!!!!

We met with Anthony Moncada the owner, he came to our house for an estimate and he went into complete detail about the product and different options for our house. Anthony was very thorough and pleasant owner to deal with. Because of the amount of work we were getting done it would take a little longer than the normal 6 to 8 week waiting period witch we were ok with. Our only request was to have it done before a certain date.

My wife and I came into the Moncada showroom to look at the products that were on display and we were greated by the office manager Gisele. Gisele was very friendly and knowledgeable of all the products and answered all our questions and assured us that they will keep the lines of communication open.

From that moment on we knew we made the right choice and are very pleased with the products.

I would like to say that the installation is complete and the transformation of my house with the new doors and and all the new windows is remarkable. All the installers are complete professionals and very friendly. Probably the hardest working crew we have ever seen. They cleaned up every piece of garbage in and out, cleaned all the windows, swept and vacuumed there entire work area.

Thank you Moncada Windows and the entire team for making this a memorable experience!!!!!!!!

Todd in Toronto
Todd in Toronto

19 windows and 2 doors

What an incredible experience. Moncada states 6-8 week delivery and installation. Reality was 15 weeks. Moncada says your house will be quieter inside. In my case it’s significantly louder. Turns out 1937 single pain original installations are better and quieter than Moncada are capable of providing. They don’t properly insulate around your windows according to manufacturers expectations of good installers. Despite the contract stating they will fill voids with spray foam, they don’t. They partially fill it. It’s the same with their doors. They are TOTAL AMATEURS.
They’ll scratch and put drill holes in your floors, improperly replace sills and say it’s not their fault. They’ll also curse and yell at you for the window/ door openings no longer being square. A professional would expect that.
Most screens don’t easily fit into place. Doors no longer meet weather stripping and I need two hands to unlock and open door, which has made handle loose. I wish I had something positive to say about the owner, Anthony. But I don’t. He hides behind his assistant and won’t deal with my complaints personally. He may have her respond with all the same excuses he has had her tell me. Like, the house has no insulation or you live on a busy street. Both of which have never changed from original windows. Dirty fingerprints on ¼ round which weren’t installed on all windows and incomplete caulking under the handles. Complete REGRET and RIPPED OFF. They have devalued my house.
After 5 months of trying to get Moncada to fix what they have destroyed they have chosen to ignore me and no longer correspond. Complete waste of $14,000. I now have to get a professional company to re-install the windows as recommended by the manufacturer.
STAY FAR AWAY from Moncada.
Trust the negative comments of mine and others on Home Stars. We can’t all be wrong.

I don't no what say this customer was present for entire job all his request and more were done on this job it came out impeccable. We were paid and customer praised us 2 week's later customer says he hears noises threw his windows we investigate and everything is fine 2 week's later he calls us that there are marks on his floor we have emails by this customer we really don't no what to do he complains with no reasoning we transformed the look of his house anybody who reads this please come see this job and you can be the judge .

More about Moncada Windows Doors & Siding

Windows, doors & siding - professional installation.