1stDataRecovery.com

Sheila in Nelson
Sheila in Nelson
1 review Nelson, BC

data recovered not mine

I'm really nervous about this company because they returned by drive and it did not have my data on it. The data that was returned to me contained photos of an Asian family. We are a caucasian family. If this is rectified, I will amend this review. August 1, 2017

Joe from Rocklin
Joe from Rocklin
1 review Vancouver, BC

Data recovery

No response after paying for service for three months. I then call for status and they say they tried everything. They were hoping to just plug into computer and fix. They did not use clean room they claim to have. Complete waste of time and money. AVOID

Hi Joe, sorry we could not help with your job. If we really only plugged in your device expecting a fix, and stopped there, we would have gotten back to you a lot sooner. Usually it takes us about one week for most standard jobs, but yours was more difficult than normal. We apologize for not giving up on your job earlier. Coming from a researcher background, we will sometimes pursue too far into the a job that appears to be recoverable, almost there, almost getting your data. Yes, we did recover many unrecoverable data for the past 20 years. We have been in the data recovery busuness for over 20 years. We de have the necessary equipment (Clean room, specialized tools and software, parts, etc.) to recover from all sorts of failures.

Candy Chan from Vancouver
Candy Chan from Vancouver
2 reviews Manitowish Waters, WI

Data Recovery

1stData Recovery saved our computer! I basically thought I lost all my photos and important documents collected over the years on a 6 year old desktop when a blue screen popped up. I asked a friend who referred me to them. I was willing to pay whatever necessary but was charged a very reasonable rate. These guys were professional and did the job in no time! Impressive and I would highly recommended!

AM in Coquitlam
AM in Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Recovery of hard drive data

1stData Recovery does a great job of recovering lost data. The crashed hard drive was dropped off at the Vancouver shipping depot along with a new external drive to store the extracted files. Could not pay at the time of drop-off, which was strange. They do not accept payments in person. Waited for email and made initial deposit via Paypal.

Received email stating that work was complete and that final invoice was $900! Gulp. Hidden surcharge of 80% on hard drives over 40GB.

Made final payment via email money transfer and received my external drive back within a few days. Everything is there!

Not overly pleased about the hidden charges, but glad to have my data back. Saves re-doing 8 months of work.

TOM in Vancouver
TOM in Vancouver
1 review VANCOUVER, BC

data recovery from camera SD card

Our winter vacation was fun - though losing our fond memories were not.
Thanks for their good job -- we got our pictures back.
Fast turnaround and great people to deal with: we would like to recommend their services to others.

Helen in Vancouver
Helen in Vancouver
1 review VANCOUVER, BC

recovery lost data from my external hard drive

you guys are heroes!!
Several years data is back. I really appreciate your help.
Your price is reasonable and the work is done in just a few days.
Definitely, I would recommend your company to anyone who is looking for affodable, efficient data recovery in town.

hiro arima in San mateo
hiro arima in San mateo
1 review SAN MATEO, CA

Data Recovery

1st Data Recovery can best be described as the “Worst Data Recovery Service”. They claim 4 to 7 days turnaround for failed drive.
So I dropped off the failed drive and USB external drive (for transferring recovered data) at one of their drop off location. I was instructed to give the items to the receptionist of another company. 1st Data Recovery does not have a physical presence there. First bad sign.

No case number or anything. I emailed and called twice before I get an email from 1st Data 2 days later with case number.
7 days later I emailed re status. I called next day because no answer. That’s the unresponsive nature of this company throughout. Have to email several times and or call to get any answer.
27 days later they email me that data is unrecoverable. Ridiculous. The drive head crashed. Data was not destroyed or scrambled. It’s a mechanical failure. They just didn’t want to go the extra expense or work.

Plus they want to charge me $70.00 to ship back the damaged drive and my USB drive. They make me wait almost a month with no results and then still want to charge me to return my items. When I called to complain to the owner, he threatens to charge me for any more phone calls because it’s his “time”.

If you have valuable data definitely DO NOT SEND IT TO 1ST DATA RECOVERY.

Sorry, we were not able to help you for this job. AVERAGE time is about 4 to 7 working/business days, it may take longer for more difficult jobs. If we didn't go the extra expense or work, we would have given you a conclusion earlier. $70 for the opened drive. Thanks for your concern and understanding.

Dick Jones in Vancouver
Dick Jones in Vancouver

Data Recovery

I shipped my hard drive to the company and waited for a response. After more than 7 days I did not hear anything. They guarantee turnaround of 4-7 days for standardized service. I had received a confirmation they received my package the very next day from the post office. I emailed the company and they emailed me back with 3 options to pay for. I was initially quoted $500 for the recovery service. All three options were close to $700. I was under the impression the $500 service included burning the data to a DVD. The company should be more upfront with their hidden costs. I was told I had to pay upfront in order for them to process my request. I was nervous about doing so as they prefer bank transfers over credit cards (it's an extra 3% to pay that way). I sent a bank transfer and waited for a response. I got no response for 2 days and 3 emails. Finally after the third email they said my package was in the mail and they gave me a Canada Post confirmation #. I purchased the option to get the external drive which was cheaper than the DVD. I am satisfied with that as it acts as a good back up system. I didn't get all the data from my drive. They ask what you want to recover and the company literally verbatium recovers what you tell them to. I am happy that I was able to get my data back and for that I give the company credit for being able to successful recover it. Overall, the product was what I wanted but paid more than I expected. The company should make their process clearer on their website and be upfront as to how much it really is going to cost.

More about 1stDataRecovery.com

Experienced raid server data recovery specialist in affordable service.