Brock Doors And Windows

9.2 10 (1986 reviews)

Lynne - Etobicoke
Lynne - Etobicoke

New front door with 3/4 glass and sidelight

Visited several showrooms to look at exterior doors and liked the quality and style of Brock "Cosmo". We placed the order when the salesman came to our house 0n 19 July 2018. Measurements were done and door was to be ready in 8 weeks which fit with our renovation timetable. Did not hear from Brock so I called to inquire on 22 October and was offered installation on 31 October. Two hours after the installation appointment time, Lisa called to say that the installer had "safety concerns due to the inclement weather" (it was drizzling slightly but they did not know if our door had outside exposure or was inside a porch). Installation re-booked for 9 November. On 8 November Lisa phoned to cancel the next day's installation "because it is going to rain and snow tomorrow". 3rd installation appointment booked for 15 November. Mark phoned on the 15th to say the installer had "vehicle problems" and he would have to re-schedule. I said, NO! Mark claimed to have no knowledge that this was the 3rd cancellation. He re-scheduled for 17 November which necessitated my husband having to stay home from an out-of-town family event. The door was installed on the 4th appointment - except for the caulking around the outside of the door because the wrong colour caulking was sent with the installer. We withheld $500, and were assured that the correct blue caulking has been ordered and "shouldn't take too long to to arrive and then we'll get someone out to finish the job". Still waiting 7 weeks later. The door is beautiful but the dreadful customer service means I would never use Brock again.

Hi Lynne,

We appreciate you finding us online and detailing your experience. We would like to apologize for any and all inconveniences experienced throughout your project. At your earliest opportunity, please connect with Natalie Wynter, our Customer Relations Manager at nwynter@brockwindows.com or by telephone at 1-800-449-3808 ext. 1106.

Allaboutservice in Pickering
Allaboutservice in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Eager to finalize payment

Though we are pleased with the quality of the North Star windows and the installers themselves, the service leading up to the installation day was terrible.

When we made the initial down payment, we were advised the length of time for the windows to be prepared/installed would be approx 8-12 weeks. With zero update or time estimate, at week 13 I contacted Brock trying to gather an installation date but it still could not be established because the "Ontario rebates" were causing so many delays. We were not participating in the program and even we were effected - too bad Brock couldn't notify their customers as a courtesy. They referred me to the individual that was handling our installation but still took a few days to get a response. Finally, I received an installation date for week 14.

The installation crew was very kind and respectful, and they did a good job. There were small imperfections (i.e. caulking inside cracked after 1 week, caulking outside dripping onto the home) but they were minor and I can fix them myself. Though, I could see those problems it being a REAL problem for the elderly especially if you don't have the ability to access the exterior of your home on a ladder.

After expressing my discontent about the long wait and order delays with Brock (and also directly with the saleperson, Steve M.), my concerns were quickly dismissed with "Steve said 8-10 weeks on average?! No, not Steve". Essentially, not accepting fault or providing some kind of apology.

At the end of the day, it's too bad Brock did not live up to all the hype I see about this company on Homestars and Google reviews. They could not even accept feedback from their client about ways to improve their service with the client! Because of our experience, we will likely send our remaining $15k in upcoming window renovations to a 'better service' company.

Private User reviews Aurora, ON

New Windows Throughout

Brock windows & doors did all the windows in our house. They are fast, reliable and their workmanship is outstanding. I would recommend Brock to anyone who is looking for windows.

Hi there,

Thank you for relaying your exceptional experience from beginning to completion on our HomeStars profile. We're happy to hear you found the workmanship to be outstanding.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Basement windows

Brock Doors and Windows Avatar Brock Doors And Windows
1-800-449-3808
278 Orenda Road
Brampton
L6T 4X6

Installation was approximately 6 weeks late, and when I call to find out where we were on the list I did not receive any assistance. I was planning to go on a holiday, and would have liked to have an approximate date.
The windows have 2" less glass, width and height, than the previous ones. While I was shown a sample of the window, but was not aware there would be such a difference. I would have appreciated this being pointed out. When installed the gap around each window did seem larger than needed. The smallest window, installed in a bathroom is drafty.
I called on install day to find out when the late installers would arrive and I was asked if I could be called back for some feedback. I did not receive a call.

Hi there,

We appreciate your honest & constructive feedback. Due to your review being submitted as Private User, we're having difficulty pinpointing this to a specific file. At your earliest opportunity, please connect with our Service Team who have all been made aware of your review.

They can be reached at 1-800-449-3808 ext. 3 or by email at service@brockwindows.com.

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Window installations

We had 6 bedroom windows installed. The sales person who came to our home was friendly, informative and very helpful with helping us to choose which style of window to purchase. The 2 installers who came to our home were very neat and tidy, placing drop-cloths everywhere, wearing slip covers over their boots and thoroughly cleaning up after themselves.
The window installation inside and out was outstanding. They showed us the features of the windows we had installed and answered any questions that we had.
Very happy with our windows and the excellent service.

Hi there,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with our company on our HomeStars profile.

It is wonderful to hear that everything from beginning to completion went seamlessly, we greatly appreciate your selection of Brock for your six window replacement project.

Awesome!

awesome experience! answered our questions with profession!
highly recommend Brock if you wanna change your doors and windows
awesome experience! answered our questions with profession! awesome experience! answered our questions with profession!

Hi there,

Thank you for your ten star review! We're pleased to hear you had an exceptional experience all around.

Bev in Toronto
Bev in Toronto

Big Farmhouse

We recently required new windows in a 40 year old farmhouse. 27 windows and 3 custom sliding doors. The team at Brock made the entire process easy. The salesman (Rob) was friendly and thorough.
Their installation team showed up when promised and completed the job in just 2 days.
I was particularly impressed with the care they displayed with an ill member of our family. They worked around their installation plan so that she would be in a quiet, warm area of the house.
Everything was cleaned up as they went and the caulking job was artistic.

Bev,
Thank you for your 10 star review! We're very appreciative of your feedback and are happy to hear that everything went seamlessly for your 27 window + 3 sliding door replacement project. We always aim to take the greatest care in ensuring all individuals in the household experience the least possible disturbance, and are happy to hear that was exactly the experience you and your family had - especially during mid-winter.

Thank YOU for your feedback, Bev.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Kitchen and bedroom replacement windows

Starting at the showroom we were greeted immediately, offered beverages and shown around the showroom. Beautiful assortment of windows to suit our needs!
The salesperson who came to our home to measure and help us decide on what was best for us was knowledgeable and so very helpful.
The gentleman who arranged the date and time for installation was most impressive. He answered my email during "off" hours within 1/2 hour!!!
He was so accommodating and happily changed the work date to suit our schedule. He kept in touch throughout the process to ensure our needs were met.
The installers were punctual and worked quickly leaving no mess behind upon completion.
We already have recommended Brock to a friend and will continue to make recommendations.
The triple panes are amazing. We can't believe how warm the bedrooms are now.
Thank you Brock professionals!
Chris and Dawn

Hi Chris & Dawn,

Thank you for detailing your recent experience with us on our HomeStars profile. We're very appreciative of your kind comments, and are happy to hear that all went smoothly. Your recommendation to your peers & the public means the world to us, so thank you for spreading you satisfaction.

All the best,

PATIO DOORS

WE GOT NEW WINDOWS IN 2016, NOT HAPPY WITH "THE OTHER COMPANY WE CHECKED OUT OTHER COMPANIES AND BROCK AND DECIDED BROCK HAD THE BETTER, STRONGER, ATTRACTIVE PATIO DOORS TO ADD WARMTH AND VALUE TO OUR HOME. THE FIRST CREW WHO MEASURED WERE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND COURTEOUS AND PROMISED TO QUICKLY SUBMIT OUR ORDER FOR INSTALLATION, AND THEY DID. WE ARE COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH THE QUALITY OF THE DOORS AND NO LONGER HAVE ANY ICE BUILD-UP LIKE THE OLD DOORS THAT WE COULD NOT OPEN THEM IN CASE WE HAD AN EMERGENCY TO GET OUT!! WE THANK MANAGEMENT AND THEIR STAFF FOR THE GREAT JOB THEY DID ON OUR BEHALF.

Hi there,

Thank you for detailing your recent experience with us on our HomeStars profile. We're pleased to hear of the noticeable difference between our products and services compared to 'competitors'. This for us is great to hear, and always appreciated by our team. High performing energy efficient windows and doors are always the way to go to leave a lighter footprint.

We're happy to hear that your project has left you satisfied and feeling safer in your home.

Manny in Mississauga
Manny in Mississauga

windows replacements

Excellent job done by Brock' staff. From my salesman Mark, Steve, office coordinator to Riza and his crew. installation was a bit delayed but
it was worth it. The staff were courteous. They returned my follow up call promptly. As soon as the installers arrived, they immediately set up my place, removed their shoes, laid down drop sheets all over, and begun doing their job. They finished the job on promised time, cleaned up the debris, and explained how to maintain the windows, as well as the
warranty aspect. I am a repeat customer, and I will hire them again.

Manny,

Thank you for reviewing your experience with us on HomeStars. We appreciate you commending all parties for their overall workmanship. We'd like to apologize for any delays experienced throughout your project, as we always hope for a smooth & seamless experience from beginning to end.

Your loyalty to our company speaks volumes, so thank you Manny for your continued trust.

More about Brock Doors And Windows

Windows and Doors

Brock Doors & Windows Ltd. has a solid reputation for quality and craftsmanship in the home renovation industry. One of the first to bring vinyl windows to Ontario homeowners, Brock has always recognized that improved technology and quality materials can maximize your home’s heating and cooling efficiency.

Sales and Installation of Windows, Entrance Doors, Patio Doors & Hardware. Our Manufacturer, North Star Vinyl Windows, carries 100% Canadian Windows and Doors.