Brock Doors And Windows

Reviews for Brock Doors And Windows

Sam in Brampton
Sam in Brampton

Replace 11 windows and two patio doors

September 2021. We contracted Brock Windows to replace 11 windows and two patio doors. All was great at the beginning until they installed and walked away. Unfortunately, I have had to chase them to fix some glaring issues. Please see the pictures below. It is embarrassing that the front window has a large scratch on it prior to installation. Amongst several other issues with other windows. I have exchanged numerous emails and phone calls with promises to fix this to no avail. Very disappointed.

Sam,

We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you've faced. It is our intention to provide our customers with excellent experiences from beginning to end, and we're sorry if that hasn't been the case for you. If you have any outstanding concerns, please feel free to connect with us through the information below and we will promptly escalate your concerns, we are unfortunately unable to retrieve your file with the information provided.

K in Toronto
K in Toronto

Patio Door

I have had all my windows replaced and installed by Brock Doors and Windows few years ago, today had them install a patio door. As always, extremely happy with quality of product and nothing to beat the professionalism of their sales and installation team.

Hi, K!

Thank you for the 10-star raring. We appreciate you entrusting us with your window and door needs and are happy to hear you've had nothing short of exceptional experiences.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Window Replacement

Very impressed with Brock Doors & Windows....they exceeded my expectations.
The price was the best of the 3 quotes I received, the job was completed on time, on budget, extremely efficient installation process and the results are phenomenal.
The representative, Scott Wells, was pleasant, helpful and definitely added a lot of important information which was very beneficial to the choices.
The installers, Danilo and Nikola, were outstanding. My windows could have been a challenge as they are above a two story entranceway and other windows have very expensive custom California shutters. Both projects were completed PERFECTLY!

I don't normally write reviews but this was such a positive experience that I felt it was important to help anyone else going through the process.

Absolutely Brock Doors and Windows are the best. I've had windows replaced before by other companies and there is no comparison....hands down....Brock is the best.

Thank you for the lovely 10-star feedback! We're happy to hear you found the pricing to be competitive and the workmanship to be second-to-none. We appreciate that you've taken the time to let us know how pleased you were with the entirety of your experience. It means a great deal to our organization!

Brock Doors & Windows Ltd.

customer service awful/failed products/ no response

I bought door and windows in 2019. no problem with installation. a couple of months ago main door lock started failing. this is the 3 point lock that was sold to us as the best product on the market with orignial price $850 with installation. lock started failing a couple of month ago. I called the service. they sent a repair person who told us that they should have ordered it before sending him to our home. that was the first week. . he promised he would tell them to rush it. I called again after a week and they told me they ordered it and I should wait. 3 weeks ago they told me they ordered it. I followed up they told me that I can call a lock smith for $650 and resolve my issue. I asked for the manager name and left a message, no reply. I left another message for the service manager, no reply. wow DONT BUY FROM THEM. first they did not explain properly that you can only replace with the same lock and something that should last you a lifetime, lasts a couple of years.

Hello,

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and we'd like to apologize for any inconveniences you've faced. We'd like to look into your customer file further, but we're unfortunately unable to do so as your review is posted anonymously. We'd like to ask that you please reach out to us through the email address below so we can escalate your concern to our senior management team, in the interim we will be forwarding your review to our Service Department.

Cathy&Ken
Cathy&Ken

New Kitchen Window

I am very pleased with my new kitchen window. The salesman gave us a quote which was within our budget. The installer was prompt and efficient explaining all the how to’s! It’s a pleasure to look through every day! TY Brock Windows.

Hi Cathy & Ken,

Thank you for the 10-star feedback! We appreciate you entrusting us with your home improvement, and are thrilled to hear that everything was done on time and on budget.

We hope to have the opportunity of working alongside you again.

Clarence Halldorson from North York
Clarence Halldorson from North York

Tom and Howard -- Installers

Tom and Howard arrived to complete the work that wasn't finished by the previous installer. They arrived on time and were professional, friendly and courteous. They took the time to outline the work they were going to do and then set about completing the job skillfully and efficiently. They took pride in their workmanship and cared about the quality of the job. For them, there was no cutting corners or rushing to get the job done just to get to the next job site. They wanted to ensure we were completely satisfied and happy. Tom and Howard really care about their customers and the work they do. Brock is fortunate to have them on their team. I rate Tom and Howard 5 stars.

Clarence,

Thank you for the kind words regarding Tom & Howard's workmanship. We're thrilled to see that they provided you with excellent service from beginning to end. We have to agree, we're very fortunate to have them on our team. If you have any feedback you'd like to provide to us on how we could have earned your 10-stars, please never hesitate to reach out.

info@brockwindows.com
Brock doors & Windows Ltd.

Brett
Brett
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Awful Experience

One of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had in my life. Ordered my windows March 24th and they were not installed until July 30th. I asked before going with them if Covid was causing any delays and they assured me it was not should still only be 8-10 weeks which is what they say is the norm. It took 17 weeks. I'm not totally oblivious to the fact there is a pandemic but I was given no reason as to why the delay and to be honest if I never contacted them myself I don't think they would have even reached out. When I did try to get updates it was like pulling teeth and I had to leave multiple emails and eventually a frustrated voice-mail until anyone would ever get back to me. When they did come on the July 30th they measured my kitchen window wrong and it didn't fit. I get it we're human and make mistakes but it then took 4 weeks for someone to come out for all of 10 mins to remeasure the window at the end of August. I was told reordered windows take on average 3-4 weeks to be made. I call for an update after 3 weeks and I am told the window will be ready around the middle of November but don't worry they put a rush on it. The icing on the cake is the reordered window was scheduled to be installed Monday Nov.8th between 8-10am so I take the day off work. 1030 rolls around so I send an email to see if they are just late, no response. 1130am now so I call and am told the truck was delayed last week and they are not coming now. Glad I called because no one reached out to tell me. They'll do me a favour though and squeeze me in the 10th. So I take another afternoon off work and the nightmare is finally almost over after 33 weeks. I say almost because they expect me to pay them the rest of the money in full which is a joke, especially after taking 2 extra days off work. I was also told someone would call me after the installation for a customer review at which time I would pay the balance on my invoice. Yet once again no one has reached out to me. I wouldn't know who to contact about this as I have had 3 different project manager during this ordeal.

Brett McKee (905) 999-7933
Brett_McKee15@hotmail.com

WO 210553

Brett,

We'd like to first and foremost apologize for the troubles you've encountered with your recent window purchase. Throughout the entirety of the pandemic, we've been grappling with episodes of intermittent delays due to supply chain disruptions, much like many other suppliers across North America. Although we wish we were, we are not impervious to these occurrences and having been working tirelessly with our suppliers to provide transparent and accurate updates on our customers orders.

The measurements for your project were provided to us by your contractor, in which the kitchen window was inaccurately measured. We, at no additional cost to you reordered the window due to the mix up and had our team first perform the measurement to ensure we did not encounter any further delays.

We understand you spoke with your assigned Project Coordinator this morning to go over your experience and discuss compensation, in which you were provided a credit onto your account due to the delays and inconveniences you had experienced.

Our customer experiences are incredibly important to us, and we're grateful for your constructive feedback as it's imperative to our growth as an organization. We are working collaboratively to navigate these challenges to provide our customers with definitive information from stage one and clearer communication regarding any anticipated delays.

If you have any further feedback you'd like to provide, please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime.

Cat in Old Toronto
Cat in Old Toronto

Garage Door and Window

I hired Brock to replace a garage window and back garage door. The lock on the garage door is non functional after only a few months. Pre-sale was efficient but good luck getting post sale service.

Cat,

Wed'd like to apologize if you have experienced any inconveniences in initiating your post-installation service request. Due to the name listed on your review, and the contents of your feedback, we are unable to pinpoint your customer file. We'd like to ask that you please email or call us through the information provided below so we may look into your concerns further. You may also submit your service request on our website at anytime.

brockwindows.com/warranty-coverage

Robert
Robert
5 reviews Aurora, ON

Entrance Door

Update Feb 2022:
After our original comments below, the company assigned a customer service person to contact us about the status. First, they asked us to wait till Dec 2021 as they will know better then. In Dec, they called and said should be able to install in late Jan 2022. On Feb 4, 2022 (Friday), they called and said they can come install the door on Feb 7 (Monday). We were happy but because it is too short notice, we made appointment with them Feb 14 in the afternoon, which is today. We made arrangements to stay at home but the person called after 10 am and said they have to cancel today's installation because the weather is too cold.
The reschedule time offered is Feb 28 or Mar 7, which are also in winter.
When I question if they would cancel again if the weather is too cold on these dates, the person said "I don't know as I am not a weather person." To avoid similar issue to happen again, we would like to push the installation to after April and the person would not agree to that. When we agreed to April installation, she asked us to pay another 25% deposit today as per contract while she would not admit that they are so far behind the 16 week schedule stated in contract. After our push back, she finally agreed for us to pay the deposit before installation in April.
At this point, we are pretty sure more issues are coming our way. Considering we read all those good reviews on Homestars before we chose this company, this is by far the worst experience and very disappointing. If Homestars allow us to post more reviews later, we will update the outcome.

Original comments Nov 2021:
Very frustrating experience. Do not recommend this company to anyone who expects communication or service. We purchased a front door from this company in June 2021 and paid a deposit. The sales person told us that the delivery should happen within 16 weeks at that time. After we paid the deposit, there is only an automated email giving us the receipt and the installation process coming up. No one contacted us regarding the status afterwards. In September, we started calling. We called their head office number a lot of times and never got through. We tried the sales person's phone and he rarely picks up too. Finally after sending emails and text messages to the sales person, someone from the company called and said there is a delay and they cannot install until end of October at the earliest. Afterwards, there is no update again. Now it is November and we have to start the whole process of calling and calling with no answers again. Is it so hard to take calls and explain to your customers regarding the order status?
This company is all about making sales and there is no people providing service after an order is placed. It just feels like the company takes your deposit and disappears.

Robert,

We'd like to first and foremost apologize for the gaps in communication that you've noted in your feedback. Our customer's satisfaction is incredibly important to our organization and communication is key in ensuring you, as our customer, are satisfied and kept updated throughout your experience.

We understand that you have since had communication with your assigned Project Coordinator regarding the delays you're experiencing. As updates become available to us, we will ensure you are promptly communicated with.

If you have any further feedback you'd like to provide, we encourage you to reach out to us anytime through the information provided below.

Monica in Toronto
Monica in Toronto
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Windows and Doors for whole house

Very disappointed with their service! All was good and nice till we signed the contract, back in July. Time frame was 8-16 weeks but they said installation should happen in max 12 weeks. As of now, end of October, they have the windows, which they will not install without the doors, and we still don't know if doors are in. They booked us in Dec for installation, way over the 16 weeks, and they seem very cool with it. We have a patio door as Rush, but there's no rush with this company. They never call to update us, unless we do and we are lucky to get someone to answer, but that it doesn't change anything. At this point we are seriously considering looking into our options to cancel the contract with them. It doesn't matter how many questions you ask before signing, once you do, it happens exactly what you were trying to avoid. I am out of words, just be aware!

Monica,

We would first and foremost like to apologize for any delays you've experienced, as well as any gaps in communication while awaiting your home renovation. We understand how delays directly affect our customers and how communication is a crucial aspect to any project, and we can assure you that it is in no way our intention. ​

As we're sure you're aware, supply chains across the globe have been disproportionately affected by a number of unforeseeable situations. We are not impervious to the effects of these situations, although we do wish we were.

Your satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we have sent your feedback through to our leadership and customer experience teams to ensure your concerns are appropriately addressed in a timely manner.

If there is anything we can do to better your experience, please do not hesitate to connect with us through the information below at anytime.

More about Brock Doors And Windows

Windows and Doors

Brock Doors & Windows Ltd. has a solid reputation for quality and craftsmanship in the home renovation industry. One of the first to bring vinyl windows to Ontario homeowners, Brock has always recognized that improved technology and quality materials can maximize your home’s heating and cooling efficiency.

Sales and Installation of Windows, Entrance Doors, Patio Doors & Hardware. Our Manufacturer, North Star Vinyl Windows, carries 100% Canadian Windows and Doors.