Oborne Contracting Inc.

101 Windermere Cres. Richmond Hill ON L4C 6Y8
Basement Renovation
Oborne Contracting Inc.

Best of 2013 winner 4 timesBest of 2013winner 4 times

Reviews for Oborne Contracting Inc.

Michael O in Toronto
Michael O in Toronto
13 reviews Whitby, ON

Leaking ceiling repair

I had water leaking through the ceiling in my kitchen and living room. I wanted to make sure that this issue got remediate properly so I called John from Oborne Contracting. He is the guy I call when I need things done right.

John was super responsive. He had the issue checked out that week and got started on it right away. Within 3 days the job was done and the result was fabulous! The whole process was seamless. I’m very pleased with his work once again!

Jeremy in Toronto
Jeremy in Toronto

Professional. Attention to Detail. Great Work.

We did a renovation of our facility to get it post-COVID ready. From creating independent change stalls, dividing walls, doors, paint and finishing, and moving around equipment. John and his team were very professional, came in and measured everything, got a quote in a short period of time. It came in reasonable (not the least, not the most expensive either) from the 3 vendors that came in, but definitely was the one that put the most care and detail oriented. Communication was key.

They finished the job in the time they said they would (I was surprised myself, dealing with multiple contractors in the past, I expected it to take at least 50% more time), but they came through. The work was near flawless, I couldn't believe it, they even went above and beyond to paint the walls adjacent just so that the colors match because they were unhappy with just a shade of difference. They cleaned up nicely, treated the place with respect, and it looks amazing.

Thanks for the kind review, so happy to help.
Please don't hesitate to call on us again.

Taryn in Toronto
Taryn in Toronto

Partial Kitchen Reno

We really enjoyed our experience with Oborne contracting. We had them finish our kitchen with back splash, open shelf installation, and range hood installation. John is super knowledgeable, patient and professional. His team was always on time and left the place tidy and organized. All of these qualities are very important to me, as we had dealt with many disorganized and last minute type contractors in the past. We are so happy with how our project turned out. We know we'll go with Oborne contracting for our next project, or next full home remodel! Thanks John and team for completing our kitchen for us and for making the experience stress-free :)

Thanks Taryn and Dave,
A real pleasure to work for you and glad we made it a goof experience. We love to work for good people no matter how big or small the job is.

Till the next one
John

Janice from Toronto
Janice from Toronto
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

bathroom expansion and renovation

My old bathroom was tiny and still had the original cast iron tub from 1919 when the house was built. We expanded the bathroom into a closet next door to create an shower/tub niche. This freed up space for a decent sized vanity and new washlet. The walls were taken down to the studs, much needed insulation was installed, and the room was finished with new tiles, taps and tub. I could not be happier with the results. Adam did a terrific job and was amazing. The work site was always cleaned, he was fastidious about details, had a good eye for what looks good, and was just the nicest guy to have work in my home. This is the second Reno that Oborne has done for me, and though he was more expensive than others, it was worth every penny. Even my neighbours were impressed with how clean he kept the job site. Thanks you John and Adam!

Love to do wonderful work for wonderful people, thank you Janice for being a loyal client and understanding the value my company brings to your projects.

Warm regards
John

Charlotte
Charlotte

Bathroom Renovation

We hired Oborne Contracting to do our main bathroom renovation. We interviewed a few Contractors to do this work. While Oborne's quote for the project was the highest we received, we were most impressed by their professionalism and uncompromising quality. For example, there was a very specific waterproofing product that I wanted to use as it was highly recommended to me by a friend who works in this area. Other Contractor's indicated this product would be a premium to their quote. Before I even asked the question, Oborne said that is the product they use and they will not use any other. That is what sold us on Oborne!

During construction the Project Manager was very accommodating of my questions and concerns. He reviewed big decisions with me in advance. We felt comfortable having the Oborne team in our house and around our family.

At the end of the project there were very few deficiencies, and the ones we had were fixed quickly and to my satisfaction. We were also able to complete this project without any Change Orders, in large part to early decisions by us (the Client) about products and finishes.

We would absolutely work with Oborne again! John and his team did an excellent job!

Wonderful project for a wonderful family. Thank you for allowing Oborne Contracting to complete this project for you, we are thrilled that you are happy.

mike.okulicz
mike.okulicz

Dishwasher install in small kitchen

I had a small kitchen that I wanted to install a dishwasher in. This required removing a section of the cabinets, running a new electrical line from the panel in the basement and connecting it to my existing plumbing. I have worked with Oborne Contracting before and have been impressed with their work, so I decided to hire them again for this project.

I was once again impressed by John and his team. Their workmanship was top notch. I would highly recommend them.

Thanks Mike, always happy to work for you on jobs big or small. Appreciate the continued business.

Braden in Cambridge
Braden in Cambridge

Last Minute Project

My experience with Oborne Contracting was a very positive one. I was very impressed with how responsive they were and how professional and courteous their workers were. I wouldn't have a problem referring them to anyone in need of general contracting services.

Thanks Braden, happy to help. Hope to work with you again in the future.

Burnsi from Toronto
Burnsi from Toronto

Reno & Home Inspections

We have been working with John and the Oborne team for almost ten years at two previous homes. More recently we have been working with John on inspections of prospective home purchases, and that is because we trust him and his team to tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The team is exceptionally professional, prompt and we always receive open and honest communication about our projects, even prospective ones. All works are done with exhaustive attention to detail, and they always ensured a clean worksite, so we could continue to live in the house while renovations were underway. John's estimates have also been very accurate, and complete. We had previously used other contractors for in-home renovations, and no one can hold a candle to Oborne.

We would highly recommend Oborne to any and everyone!

Thanks for the kind words, we absolutely loved helping you through the process. This is a unique service we offer and it really helps home buyers make informed decisions.

Scarborough
Scarborough
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Kitchen Renovation

This was our second project with Oborne. Again it was an amazing job. As before, John’s detailed estimate and plan for the project was very thorough and covered all aspects and options. We had considered a few different layouts and John’s input was instrumental in making our vision a reality! Jeff and Tim are fantastic and worked at our home daily - they were incredibly skilled in all areas of the project. They were always available and approachable and involved us with details and trouble shooting every step of the way. Jeff and Tim are incredibly conscientious about their worksite and kept it so clean, organized and safe. The project was completed within the predicted time frame , and on budget. Tim and Jeff were very flexible working around the timelines of all the different parts of the project according to a well laid out plan from start to finish. They are also so pleasant and professional which made the 3 month project so smooth and seamless that it didn’t feel like a huge impact on our home life! We love our new kitchen and open concept living area.

We absolutely love working for you guys! Can't wait for the next project together.

Joe D.
Joe D.
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Window Repair

In all of my dealings with General Contractors / Trades Professionals, I can honestly say that John is the most genuine, honest and knowledgeable I have ever met. He is truly a consummate professional.

He came to my home to diagnose a leak that I was having with one my windows. After taking a closer look, he said that a repair wasn't required and that the leak was being caused by the condensation forming on the interior window due to high humidity in the home. He provided his expert advice on how to resolve this issue (along with other tips and tricks for the home) and then was on his way....without asking for anything for his time / consultation.

A few days later, he called me to see if the window had stopped leaking (which it had) which caught me by complete surprise. In this day and age, the kind of care and service John provides is second to none. Although I didn't give him any business this time around, I will not think twice on who to call when I need a renovation / home repair done.

Regards,
Joe Di Blasi

Thanks for the kind words Joe. Sometimes estimates appointments turn into consultations when repairs or work really isn't required. To many in this industry will just look for and sell you a problem to line their pockets when a problem doesn't exist. I am always happy to answer peoples questions about their home during my visits.

More about Oborne Contracting Inc.

Home Additions Builders Basement Renovation Kitchen Planning & Renovation General Contractors

At Oborne Contracting we pride ourselves on customer service. We specialize in additions, kitchens, bathrooms, basements, and all other home renovation and remodeling needs. Our team is courteous, skilled, conscientious and determined to ensure each project is completed on time and on budget. Our longstanding trades are reliable professionals who are committed to their work and quality. We are confident that you will find at Oborne Contracting we conduct ourselves on a highly professional level, assuring your complete satisfaction is our key to success.Oborne Contracting Inc. has been servicing Toronto and surrounding area home owners for over 20 years. We specialize in custom home building, general contracting, home repairs, design and build, home remodeling and restoration, home additions and basement renovations.
We take pride in attending to every detail of any project we take on, from the initial meeting with the discerning home owner until after the job is completed. After working with our professional staff you will understand why Oborne Contracting Inc. will be your first choice for all of your home upgrades, renovations and new constructions.

Each home remodeling project is unique in the level of complexity and requirements. This demands a level of experience to design a broad plan and turn any project into a functional and livable home upgrade, addition or custom design. We build our client’s trust by understanding their needs, budgets, time frames, while supervising every step of the construction process. No question is ever left unanswered.