Electricians

Reviews for Solutions Electrical

Amanda & Gary in Milton
Amanda & Gary in Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Potlights, upgrade electical panel, troubleshooting all electical

We were very satisfied with Solutions Electric. Frank was a great guy - very easy to talk to and very honest. The crew was very hard working - arrived on time and worked all day long. The crew installed potlights into our ceiling and thus were in our attic on one of the hottest days of the year. There were no complaints from them at all!! They were very helpful to answering our many questions. We are going to have Solutions Electric wire our new addition as well!! Thanks to the Solutions Crew!

Jennifer in Leslieville
Jennifer in Leslieville

House rewiring

Solutions rewired our recently purchase house to replace knob & tube and install a new panel. The price wasn't the cheapest, but in the end we felt the peace of mind was well worth it. We knew they would do a great job, which they did. Frank was very upfront about the fact that our walls and ceilings would be a mess after they did the rewiring, which they were! However, we were going in every night to patch up the holes ourselves so that we could get the house painted before move-in. Unfortunately, the holes cut for the switchplates were cut very irregularly and in some cases too large for the plates they use. Even though we had been patching and painting, when they came to finish the job, they installed the plates and many of them have jagged edges sticking out around them. Some of them were installed crooked because the hole was cut so badly. It would have been the perfect end to the job if this had been prevented by a little extra attention on their part. Otherwise, we're very satisfied with their work - they were incredibly fast, professional, and nice. We will recommend them to others and would use them again.

Linda from Richmond Hill
Linda from Richmond Hill
10 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Basement Potlights, rewiring, other smaller electrical needs

A rating of 10 isn't high enough for Solutions Electrical. I own a 55 year old home and wanted SAFE electrical potlights installed in my basement along with a few other electrical needs. If there is one thing at the top of my list involving reno's I would have to say don't fool around with your electrical wiring in your home. I got at least 4 estimates before I found Solutions Electrical. Just because this company is the #1 electrical company with Holmes on Homes does NOT mean they are more expensive! Frank came out and explained everything (he's also one of the nicest people I've met). The quote was not the cheapest NOR was it the most expensive. It was a GREAT PRICE for total peace of mind that my house won't burn down due to a poor, non-caring, cut corner type of another contractor. Before the work started I would call with a question and he always took my concerns seriously and would answer all my questions. Mike and Dave came to my house right on time. Their work was exceptional and you knew they took great pride on doing a perfect job. These two men were so professional, cleaned-up everything, always smiling and were as nice as nice can be. What a pleasure!!! HIRE THIS COMPANY! They stand behind their work, they know what they are doing and your home WILL BE SAFE.
I would hire them again in a heartbeat. Thank you Frank, Mike and Dave from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Liz in Mississauga
Liz in Mississauga
1 review ,

install potlights and light fixtures as well as fix electrical outlets

I had Solutions come in and put in potlights to my family room and install 4 overhead lights in the bedrooms and office....Jonathon and Mike were AWESOME!! They came at 8...were gone by 5 and did everything we asked...They told us what they were doing when we asked questions , didn't make a mess, but cleaned up everything after themselves, I think our house was cleaner when they left !!... The price was one of the best quotes we got for the job...Frank's company is great...You would think that a guy who does work with Mike Holmes would jack up his prices and be arrogant...NO WAY! Frank was so nice to us and the boys were professional and very pleasant to deal with...Frank has a great reputation of doing the job right because if Mike Holmes likes him...you know that he does quality work...HIRE SOLUTIONS for any electrical work you need...they are the best ...fast , great price, super people and best of all, quality work with little mess...I will hire them again in a heart beat...in fact I had them come back already to fix my outside lights...they did it fast and again Jonathon and Mike were nice, identified the problem fast ..And fixed it quickly...They are the ones to hire... Do yourself a favour and get these guys in to do your work, you won't be sorry!!Best contractor experience we have ever had!!

Ann in Weston Village
Ann in Weston Village
1 review ,

Full rewire, service & panel change

I had just purchased a home and needed knob & tube wiring replaced as well as a new panel and service. I didn't know how to find a good electrician so I went to the Holmes on Homes website and there I found Frank. I assumed as he's a big tv star his price would be through the roof, but it was totally fair and in line with the other quotes I got, plus he was more than happy to answer even the stupidest questions...I knew I'd found my man!!

Frank assigned Joe and his gang to my house and they arrived when they said they would, finished when they said they would and left minimal damage behind. I had a friend help me patch the holes left behind and he said he'd never seen as little damage from a rewire and he builds homes for a living! That alone speaks volumes about the quality of work. Joe always had a smile on his face and helped me out when I was too stressed to make decisions on my own...he advised on things that I hadn't thought of and made the whole experience painless. He explained what he was doing, why he was doing it and how it would be done and used laymans terms when I had no idea what he was talking about. On day 1 Joe advised that there'd been a couple of accidents...they'd broken a light bulb and a couple of tiles in the kitchen. I said that to make up for the terrible damage inflicted on my poor house he could make it up to me by moving the old fridge and stove outside for the junkman...he did it! Oddly enough he never broke anything again. By the way...he also advises on which paint colour works best!

I would just like to say that the entire Solutions team was amazing!! Special thanks to Frank for all his honest advice and especially to Joe and the boys who worked tirelessly and treated my home like it was their home. I will use the boys again if I need them and would recommend them in a heartbeat! In closing I would like to say to Frank...I like a dry white wine and a good Brie!

Rewiring including knob & tube & upgrading service to 100 amp

We have had several electricians work on our mid-town home over the years, each one compounding previous problems. When we decided to have the house rewired from top to bottom, we requested several estimates. Electricians ranged from those who couldn't find our home to those who couldn't organize a quote or arrive on the scheduled day. Our experience with Solutions Electrical was a pleasure and a relief from start to finish. Frank gave us a clear explanation of what would be done and what options we had, even discouraging an unnecessary and expensive upgrade. When the work began, the electricians Virgil and Mike arrived regularly and left the premises as clean as could be hoped for. The work was done promptly, thoughtfully and well. When we had finished patching, the final visit for fixture installation was arranged promptly and went off without a hitch, despite the worst winter in years. Joe handled the schedule and queries efficiently. It was a pleasure to have Solutions Electrical rewire our house virtually from start to finish.
Stuart and Cherie

Mary in Etobicoke
Mary in Etobicoke

Total rewire of an old house

I was not sure of anything that rewiring entailed but knew it had to be done. Frank came and assessed the house and detailed the code requirements. No pressure, just extremely helpful in listening to my needs and requests.The date was set and the work done on schedule. What is there to say about a true team of caring professionals who were always available to answer any questions.The job was done and the professionalism was apparent. My electrician Virgil, is an absolutely talented personable individual who represents Solutions and their work ethic in the field.You find this in all the Solutions employees and management and the work is beyond reproach.

Mary, Toronto

Jamie in the Junction
Jamie in the Junction

Knob and tube remediation, installation of outlets

Our 80ish-year-old home came rife with knob and tube wiring that was concealed (so that the home inspection missed it), as well as a few other electrical oddities performed by the previous homeowner. It quickly became clear that our house was well short of the Electrical Code and needed remediation.

I had previously suggested Solutions Electrical to my father, having seen them several times on Holmes on Homes.

Their attitude was great and their service was fantastic. The work that needed to be done was unexpected to us and Joe at Solutions went above and beyond, understanding that this extensive job would not be cheap and yet finding a way to give me champagne service on a ginger ale budget.

The thing that set Solutions apart was their insistence that they would not do the job when my then five-month-old daughter was in the house due to the plaster dust and other particulates that would be stirred up and damaging to little lungs.

I would like to thank everyone that takes the time to read and to those who submited their comments to Homestars.ca, I choose to respond to this one because It was a nice touch for my Birthday, July 3 I am now ?? years old.
Thank you again, Cheers Frank Cozzolino

Leaf Fan
Leaf Fan

Rewire of house

I live in Brampton but have recently purchased a older home in the Niagara area, and it needed to be rewired, so I called Frank who I have dealt with on many of my Electrical projects, to see if he would be able to do the work?? and found out that he has expanded out to Niagara. He put me in contact with Lance and man was he good! Quick and clean, I was very happy...! Frank the guys you have are real PRO's at what they do!

Thanxs again GUYS!!

Adelina, Caledon
Adelina, Caledon

Panel and Electrical wiring

After purchasing our new home, already a 30 year old house, we called Frank and his crew in to replace an old fuse panel with the new breaker panel. As our electrical needs were more than this panel could handle, Frank also suggested a sub panel in order to not do as much damage (a large portion of the basement was already finished) as he put it you need power at the other end, the unfinished area, instead of running that many wires to this one panel why not run one from the existing to give you a separate panel and run all the wires in the unfinished area. Frank may have been thinking in advance for us, since then we've called him in to add an additional breaker to this sub panel as we purchased a Hot Tub and wiring it to the original panel would have caused damage a second time. Franks crew did a great job with minimal mess and they even cleaned up after themselves, unlike other contractors that have done work in my home in the past.

More about Solutions Electrical

** SPECIAL NOTE Our website is currently unavailable*** Please call or send us a message using Home stars****
Electricians, Electrical, Lighting

Solutions Electrical and Maintenance Ltd. head office is located in Brampton with satellite offices in Toronto an Barrie. We have had an explosive start in the electrical market in 2003. Our company specializes in the renovation market. We have grown to a fifteen person operation and are still growing. We have been enjoying a huge success servicing the Greater Toronto Area, for all the electrical needs of our clients. Please contact us today.