Electricians

Reviews for Solutions Electrical

Brian McDermid in Brampton
Brian McDermid in Brampton

New Kitchen and electrial panel

I decided to remodel my kitchen this year and figures it was time to upgrade my panel from fuse as well as clean up the dangerous wiring the previous owners had left.Frank came and did the quote himself and pointed out a few things i had missed.When the job started the guys where prompt and on time .When the clean-up of the wiring became bigger than expected they got another electrian there right away to help and make sure the job got done on time.Out of all the Trades i had in they were one of the few to clean up after themselves.Work was execellent and i will be having Solutions come back this spring to do the wiring for my rec room in the basement.As a Tradeperson myself I also liked the fact that Frank employs apprentices as there is shortage of skilled trades in this country and am glad Frank is doing his part. Thanks guys it was an enjoyable expereince.

Andy and Sue, Toronto
Andy and Sue, Toronto

knob and tube removal and new electrical panel

Our home is approximately 100 years old. Needless to say there have been numerous "improvements" that had been done to the electrical system over the years. We were looking to eventually finish the basement and as we investigated what was down there we found remnants of knob and tube and way too many junction boxes. Clearly far from ideal. Anyway, the Solutions team came in and fixed everything. They were professional, knowledable ( lots of great suggestions ), polite and treated the house as if it was their own. A special thanks to Virgil. We would highly recommend Solutions.

do not be a fool
do not be a fool

rewire my home

The quotes for a rewire of my old home, were all over the map, the person I hired to wire my home promised the world and was very cheap on the price, he told me I did not need permits and asked me to pay 60% in cash, this was how he could give me a good deal... the job was about 80% done and we started to see many weird things like using my microwave caused blowing the fuse for my entire upper level. this was when I went back to reveiwing my other quotes and came across a list that Frank left us, that said that the bedroom plugs were to be own their own breaker (AFCI????) next day when I asked the contactor he told me, that was one of the ways to do it, Yet it was a cash grab and I did not the that expensive breaker. I called Frank (he called back next day) when I explained to him he told us it was code and to check with ESA. Frank was not pleased to hear my story, yet was willing to help...... I can go on for days about how great Franks team was... I was tring to save a buck, and wasted $4,000.00 the worst part about it was I trusted a loser, and found out the ESA permit would have helped me from a clown like this. PLEASE let my mistake help you do not get ripped off trust the pro's.... Frank I will tell every body like I promise to you, MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU DO.

Ann Marie in Mississauga
Ann Marie in Mississauga

Electrical panel replacement

Virgil and Joe arrived on time ready to work and they did, non stop.
They were professional, courteous and I was totally at ease having them working in my home. I had been given an estimate before they arrived and even with the extra things they did to ensure my family's safety, I was charged not one penny more. My home was left cleaner than it was when they arrived! The job is perfect and they made it very clear that if there are any problems, to call them right away.If you want electrical work done, Solutions Electrical is the company to call.

Mike in Unionville
Mike in Unionville

Repair House wiring / Additional Wiring

We purchased a house that had the kitchen renovated by Binns, and had noticed that the wiring in the basement underneath the kitchen looked a little scary. we also wanted pot lights and centre receptacle installed in a couple of rooms on the main floor as there were none. Joe and his crew came in and found that 1/3 of the house circuits had been compromised and overloaded. They explained in detail what needed to be done, and had also detailed additional items that were unsafe / not to code as they worked. They guranteed the estimate, finished on-time, were exceptionally clean and polite, and were communicative through the process to ensure that we understood what was going on. Very very highly recommend them, and we will be using them on future projects. Worth waiting for as they are busy.

JenB in East York
JenB in East York
2 reviews East York, ON

Full re-wiring of knob and tube

We had to get our house completely re-wired (knob and tube) and can't imagine having used any one else. Work started on time every day - Virgil & team were fantastic! They took care of some terrifying hazards (nails driving through knob & tube, exposed wire running from our panel to the city hook-up) and were great with giving suggestions on where to put in new plugs, fans, etc. They cleaned up every day and as a previous poster mentioned, easily left the house cleaner than when they arrived!

While they were not the cheapest, I really appreciated that we didn't have to put down any of their fee until the day before completion. Having worked with other contractors who need you to bankroll other concurrent projects this was great - cost never crept up above quote. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again and have no problem recommending their services to other home owners.

Amanda & Gary in Milton
Amanda & Gary in Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Potlights, upgrade electical panel, troubleshooting all electical

We were very satisfied with Solutions Electric. Frank was a great guy - very easy to talk to and very honest. The crew was very hard working - arrived on time and worked all day long. The crew installed potlights into our ceiling and thus were in our attic on one of the hottest days of the year. There were no complaints from them at all!! They were very helpful to answering our many questions. We are going to have Solutions Electric wire our new addition as well!! Thanks to the Solutions Crew!

Jennifer in Leslieville
Jennifer in Leslieville

House rewiring

Solutions rewired our recently purchase house to replace knob & tube and install a new panel. The price wasn't the cheapest, but in the end we felt the peace of mind was well worth it. We knew they would do a great job, which they did. Frank was very upfront about the fact that our walls and ceilings would be a mess after they did the rewiring, which they were! However, we were going in every night to patch up the holes ourselves so that we could get the house painted before move-in. Unfortunately, the holes cut for the switchplates were cut very irregularly and in some cases too large for the plates they use. Even though we had been patching and painting, when they came to finish the job, they installed the plates and many of them have jagged edges sticking out around them. Some of them were installed crooked because the hole was cut so badly. It would have been the perfect end to the job if this had been prevented by a little extra attention on their part. Otherwise, we're very satisfied with their work - they were incredibly fast, professional, and nice. We will recommend them to others and would use them again.

Linda from Richmond Hill
Linda from Richmond Hill
10 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Basement Potlights, rewiring, other smaller electrical needs

A rating of 10 isn't high enough for Solutions Electrical. I own a 55 year old home and wanted SAFE electrical potlights installed in my basement along with a few other electrical needs. If there is one thing at the top of my list involving reno's I would have to say don't fool around with your electrical wiring in your home. I got at least 4 estimates before I found Solutions Electrical. Just because this company is the #1 electrical company with Holmes on Homes does NOT mean they are more expensive! Frank came out and explained everything (he's also one of the nicest people I've met). The quote was not the cheapest NOR was it the most expensive. It was a GREAT PRICE for total peace of mind that my house won't burn down due to a poor, non-caring, cut corner type of another contractor. Before the work started I would call with a question and he always took my concerns seriously and would answer all my questions. Mike and Dave came to my house right on time. Their work was exceptional and you knew they took great pride on doing a perfect job. These two men were so professional, cleaned-up everything, always smiling and were as nice as nice can be. What a pleasure!!! HIRE THIS COMPANY! They stand behind their work, they know what they are doing and your home WILL BE SAFE.
I would hire them again in a heartbeat. Thank you Frank, Mike and Dave from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Liz in Mississauga
Liz in Mississauga
1 review ,

install potlights and light fixtures as well as fix electrical outlets

I had Solutions come in and put in potlights to my family room and install 4 overhead lights in the bedrooms and office....Jonathon and Mike were AWESOME!! They came at 8...were gone by 5 and did everything we asked...They told us what they were doing when we asked questions , didn't make a mess, but cleaned up everything after themselves, I think our house was cleaner when they left !!... The price was one of the best quotes we got for the job...Frank's company is great...You would think that a guy who does work with Mike Holmes would jack up his prices and be arrogant...NO WAY! Frank was so nice to us and the boys were professional and very pleasant to deal with...Frank has a great reputation of doing the job right because if Mike Holmes likes him...you know that he does quality work...HIRE SOLUTIONS for any electrical work you need...they are the best ...fast , great price, super people and best of all, quality work with little mess...I will hire them again in a heart beat...in fact I had them come back already to fix my outside lights...they did it fast and again Jonathon and Mike were nice, identified the problem fast ..And fixed it quickly...They are the ones to hire... Do yourself a favour and get these guys in to do your work, you won't be sorry!!Best contractor experience we have ever had!!

More about Solutions Electrical

** SPECIAL NOTE Our website is currently unavailable*** Please call or send us a message using Home stars****
Electricians, Electrical, Lighting

Solutions Electrical and Maintenance Ltd. head office is located in Brampton with satellite offices in Toronto an Barrie. We have had an explosive start in the electrical market in 2003. Our company specializes in the renovation market. We have grown to a fifteen person operation and are still growing. We have been enjoying a huge success servicing the Greater Toronto Area, for all the electrical needs of our clients. Please contact us today.