Mancuso Paving

Rudy in York
Rudy in York
3 reviews York, ON

New Driveway

I had a gentleman from Mancuso Paving come over for an estimate on repaving my worn out driveway and he gave a price quote that was within the price range I was willing to spend. I explained what I wanted to have done and he said no problem. Well as soon as the Mancuso crew came over they began working right away without even any consulation from me on that afternoon. I stopped them and told them I wanted my driveway to slope a certain way so the rain water would flow away from my house and the head guy says ok and when they were finished it was totally unsatisfactory so I told them to fix it again. In the end it was not done with care or attention. The driveway is level like a roller-coaster with a big hump at the front of my house. It was a very fast and sloppy job and I may have to get it done again down the road. Even the garage door doesn't close properly because of the uneven pavement near the garage. These guys that did my driveway were totally inexperienced and unprofessional.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns. In reviewing the original contract we were hired to remove old asphalt and replace it, while not changing any grading. The contract clearly shows that the water drainage pattern was not to be changed. The existing drain is identified in the driveway sketch and indicates that water was to slope to this drain. Furthermore, the claim that you are unaware that Mancuso Paving was commencing work is untrue as all our customers are contacted at a minimum of a day in advance. As per our standard procedure, there is a break in time between when the driveway is excavated and prepared, and then, finally, paved. This whole process usually takes between 1 to 3 weeks. During this time, we were never informed of any problems with the slope, probably because no changes were made to the driveway. Once the work was completed it was paid in full, suggesting to us that you were completely satisfied with the work. It is our position that due to an abnormally excessive amount of rain that summer, the existing drain was not able to manage the amount of rain. Realizing this issue, we are aware that you would like to change the slope of your driveway. Regrettably, as we have completed the contract as agreed upon, all that can be done is discuss re-sloping the driveway to drain to a different area at an additional cost. We look forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue in an amicable manner.

Max in Mississauga
Max in Mississauga

Asphalt Driveway and concrete porch

I'm very unimpressed at the moment, at least based on what I expected from the reviews I'd read about this company. We dealt with Veli himself. After about 6 quotes, they were nowhere near the cheapest, but you pay for quality, or so we thought. Beyond the up-sell attempts, and lack of patience in answering the questions of our elderly neighbours (who were getting their connected driveway done as well) the actual work had its share of problems. First, everything was at least 3 weeks behind what we were told ('no later than October' meant November), so things finished a month later than we were told. Maybe we can chalk that up to uncooperative fall weather though. Second, and far more disappointing for us there were a few minor issues. I've called and emailed, and of the two issues, one got a really shabby band-aid solution that is already showing through (5 months later) and the second has been completely ignored. 9 months to deal with these issues and we're still waiting. Amazingly the little patchwork they did was before we would pay, then when we did pay, based on the idea that most of the work was complete, that's when the communication stopped. The kicker was when I drove down the block and saw that they had done a driveway about 10 houses down, yet didn't have the time to come fix ours.
The main part of the work have been fine (after 9 months), but if you're going to be paying Mancuso's above average pricing, you'd better be getting better service and attention to detail in return.
UPDATE: It's now been over a year, their patchwork has proven so bad that a weed is now growing through the asphalt, and even though I continue to call, they will take my information, but have not called me back once since I paid them 11 months ago. The main driveway is fine, but their attention to detail, willingness to correct problems and respect for customers have me profoundly disappointed

Unfortunately we are not aware of this. Im not sure who you have been making bi-weekly calls to but no one in our office has received any of the calls. Please contact our office and speak to Cinzia at 416-743-4041 so we can pull up your information and settle this issue.

Thanks

Robert Gibson in Toronto
Robert Gibson in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

driveway repaving

We used Mancuso Paving to re-pave our 50-year-old driveway and the inside of our 100-year-old garage in May. They came when they said they would, they did the work as quoted in their estimate. Their paving crew was careful of our neighbour’s parking pad, and our garden, and they dealt with the problem of paving under our garage door beautifully. We are very pleased with their work, and would recommend Mancuso Paving to any of our friends.

P in Toronto
P in Toronto
4 reviews East York, ON

Large driveway

The Mancuso team just completed my large circular driveway. Perfect job. Always on time. Polite, nice guys. Easy to deal with. Best quote I received out of four as well -- and I knew what specs I wanted in advance.

So it's not just a perfect job but also the best price.

I just liked and trusted Frank their rep, who happens to be one of two brothers who are running it daily. The other brother is hands-on in the actual paving.

There was a large tree root they needed to remove and came back immediately when I called that the arborist had removed the tree -- Mancuso did a fine job of this as well. Plus I added the request to bury a couple 3" ABS pipes as cross-driveway sprinkler and electric conduit, no problem.

Personally, I'm as pleased as can be -- I'd never call anyone else for my paving work, either privately or commercially. I happen to be a very experienced commercial builder, not just a homeowner, so know excellent from average.

Tony Medeiros in Brampton
Tony Medeiros in Brampton

driveway

We had Mancuso Paving ashpault our driveway. they did a fantastic job which has lasted for more than three years now. There price was the best we received and there service was good as well.

Kapoors in North york
Kapoors in North york
3 reviews NORTH YORK, ON

Paving two car driveway

Wow. I had hired Veli and his team a few years back (probably 3-4) and I just found them on here. The work was great. He came to view the site the same day I called and he was reasonably priced. His guys were quick and we even got a call back 3 days after the job was completed with him making sure we hadn't driven on the driveway. He asked if we were satisfied. Its been 4 years and the driveway is still holding strong, just a few divots. :)

Collin in Thornhill
Collin in Thornhill
1 review THORNHILL, ON

driveway

Frank Mancuso did our driveway at our old house, they offer a great job for a reasonable price. They did quite a few houses in the neighborhood. The work was done the week they promised and the quality of asphalt was up to par.

mark from blue circle contracting inc.
mark from blue circle contracting inc.

driveway

Mancuso Paving has been delivering our asphalt work for 8 years. I have since recommending their services to many of my colleagues who also have been very satisfied with the professional results. if you are looking for asphalt look no further they are second to none. Thanks for the great work all of these years. Have a great 2012. Thanks Mark

Randy Quarin
Randy Quarin
4 reviews East York, ON

Pave two drive ways

After I posted my review, I quickly received a reply by a Mancusso representative who had the owner Leo Graci get involved. Leo came by, we spoke about the issues and we came to a fair compromise. We made the drive edge square by saw-cutting and they supplied the
1 1/2 yards of cement base that would now be required to support the foot path along the drive to the front entrance. I feel good about the resolution and would recommend Mancusso based on the fact the came forward to correct a wrong. Grazie. Randy.

They never came back to correct the shortfall of four inches of where the pavement was supposed to go to that bordered the grass area of the property. The sales person was out of the country was the first excuse. Other employees had no real interest in solving the problem. as they seemed to think it was not a big deal either, after the fact.

Review has 1 previous version

We have just noted your comment on HomeStars and were surprised to see that you were displeased with your driveway. As we have now noted your concern, we will of course try our best to rectify it. Our salesman was in fact away for several weeks last summer for a family emergency. Again, the complaint was a surprise to our office since every driveway is generally first excavated, and after a short period is paved. We were under the impression that the job was completed to your satisfaction, as you paid us in full after the work was completed. In any event, it is our policy to ensure the satisfaction of our customers, and as such we would be happy to discuss this further with you at your convenience. Kindly contact our office and speak with Cinzia and we will schedule someone to come out and discuss your driveway. Thank you.

Joe Pistone in York
Joe Pistone in York
2 reviews York, ON

compressed asphalt

Company owner professionbal, if you need asphalt this is as good as you are going to get. Quality work, his father opened the business decades ago and the business is growing strong ever since. He gives you 2 inches of compressed asphalt unlike some of his competitors that give you two inches before compression. He stands by his work...trust me these guys are good. Very courteous.

More about Mancuso Paving

Paving contractor.
Looking for Paving Contractors pros in Rexdale?