Perma-Seal Waterproofing

Mike from Oak Forest
Mike from Oak Forest
1 review Oak Forest, IL

Encapsulation System

WARNING: Read the contract very carefully. The final clause in the contract is an Arbitration Clause that dictates any and all disputes must be handled through a mandatory arbitration. This means if and when they perform their shoddy work on your basement or crawlspace, YOU CANNOT SEEK LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THEM in a court of law. I tried and failed. The cost of this mandatory arbitration is currently $775 for any claim between $0 and $10,000, plus another $200 final fee for any case that proceeds to a hearing. How many consumers can afford to spend another $1000 when they've already spent several thousand? Especially when you can t expect to recoup all of your money, even if you were to resolve your dispute through arbitration.

Do your homework on this company. Reading reviews such as this is a good step. I foolishly relied on their A+ Better Business Bureau rating, but have since learned that Roy Spencer, president of Perma-Seal, is also the chairman of the board of the BBB of Northern Illinois and Chicago. Feel free to draw your own conclusions on that. The overwhelming majority of reviews of Perma-Seal on sites such as this and Yelp, etc., are negative. It is a rarity to find a 4 or 5 star review.

Briefly, our experience with this company was that their salesman told us they would level out the uneven dirt floor in our crawlspace. We were later told they don't do that. It also wasn't until after the work had been done that we were informed that the base of the concrete support pillars in our crawl being uneven with the ground wouldn't allow them to tighten the plastic they had laid and that we d be stuck with a floor that looks like an unmade bed. Perma-Seal performed service calls on two occasions to attempt to address our complaints and both times we were told that there was nothing more they could do. Instead, we were told that our crawlspace looked good "for a dirt crawl". Yet when we were sold on this system, there was never any qualifier that it would only look good for a dirt crawl. I paid $4500 for it to look good. Period. The dirt crawl displayed in their promotional materials looks good. It's not unreasonable that I expect mine to look comparable.

If our crawlspace were in good shape to begin with, we would've had no need for a company such as Perma-Seal. We were never informed that our uneven floor would be an issue before signing on the dotted line. Silly me, I figured a company that specializes in sealing crawlspaces would have some sort of system for dealing with these situations. Something more palatable than draping the plastic between support pillars like a circus tent.

We feel that we were deliberately mislead by these people. Don't make the same mistake we did. Look into any and all other options. In my opinion, when you deal with Perma-Seal you deal with nothing but aggravation.

Rosita Villegas in Blue island
Rosita Villegas in Blue island
1 review BLUE ISLAND, IL

Encapsulation Floor of crawl space

I was under the impression that this would cover the walls also. But after reading the contract I realized that was not going to be the case because of the type of walls that were down there. But I was assured that it would still stop that damp smell permeating from the crawl space. Not true! I could have just took my money and threw it out the window. I would not recommend them to anyone!

Christina McLane in La grange highlands
Christina McLane in La grange highlands
1 review LA GRANGE, IL

Full Perma Seal System----STAY AWAY

STAY AWAY FROM PERMA-SEAL, we paid about $5,000 for their basement system which was improperly installed and cost us another $5,000 in additional water damage repair.
Stay Away!!!

Their guarantees mean nothing. They installed a window well duct system at our home improperly that resulted in thousands in dollars in damages. They agreed they had installed it improperly by installing a new one, but said the water damage was our problem even though it was caused by their poor work. Also, they will try to get you to do work that does not need to be done. Don't call Perma Seal, call a professional.

AManda in Chesney shores
AManda in Chesney shores
1 review Lake Villa, IL

Leaky Basement Repair

It was a big mistake to use Permaseal - they fooled me and I got burned in the end. They wouldn't complete the work and they didn't care. I trusted the wrong company and now I have to pay for it in extra charges and many hassles. Read the other reviews, not the BS ones that Permaseal posts to hide the truth. And when you complain to the BBB , they bury the complaint because the owner of Permaseal is head of the local BBB. Let’s hope complaints to the Illinois Attorney General will slow down these people

I’m sorry that you had a negative experience with our company. Perma-Seal serves thousands of customers each year and we do our best to treat each client as if they are our only customer - this has been our practice for the last 30 years. We do appreciate you taking the time to provide your comments and constructive criticism. Rest assured that I want to make things right. Please call me at 866-837-9227 or email [email protected] and I will be happy to do what I can to make you another satisfied client! Sincerely, Sara Simball Customer Service Manager

Vee in Libertyville
Vee in Libertyville
2 reviews , IL

Basement sealing

We had water coming into the basement. Permaseal charged us $900.00 to fix a crack in the wall nowhere near where the problem was. When the water continued to come in they came out and charged us $1300 to fix the actual problem like we asked them to in the first place. Despite their insistance that the first fix was supposed to work in spite of our questioning it, they would not apply any of the original fee to the corrected work.

Micki who used to be from Westchester

repaired cracks in the foundation of our home

Our garden level family room kept flooding. We called Perma Seal and they came out, gave us and estimate and did the work cleanly, efficiently and under estimate. The house, unfortunately, is not well constructed, but we never had an issue of foundation troubles after Perma Seal came out and did what they said they would do.

More about Perma-Seal Waterproofing

We are a Chicago, IL Basement Waterproofing, Foundation Repair and Crawl Space Sealing Company. We also sell and install sump pumps.