Forever Dry

dwain7322
dwain7322
1 review , IL

GLASS BLOCKS

After several bids we chose this company which was not the lowest bidder, but had no complaints listed with the Better Business Bureau. They replaced 9 plate glass windows with glass block windows, 2 in the garage and 7 in the basement & bathroom. The windows were installed in the summer, but during the winter season we notice cracks forming in all the windows. I determine that they left the wood levelers in the window & covered it with mortar. Since wood expands & contracts it was causing the mortar to break away from the window in large pieces. We called them back out, but it was still cold so they said they will return to fix it in spring. Unfortunately their fix was to recover the wood with fresh mortar which would just crack again. After winter passed they never contact me. I decided to repair the windows myself by removing the wood, removing the cracked mortar and re-apply fresh mortar. I decided I did not want them to return because they did not know what they were doing.