One Stop Window & Doors

Gwace in Lomita
Gwace in Lomita
7 reviews Irvine, CA

install double-pane windows

I hired One Stop to install double-pane windows. I am writing now because recent remodeling in my house revealed that One Stop never bothered to put any weather stripping between the window frame and the house. I learned this fact when I removed the skimpy wood stripping that held the windows in place. I could see outside through openings all along the window. That explains the constant street noise and the fact that the windows leaked during rains. The wet floor borads attracted termites and undermined a structural beam resulting in costly repairs. This is particularly distrubing because I specifically asked them if weather stipping was installed and they told me it was. I recall during the job they damaged window frames and failed to measure properly requiring repeated work. The old windows were fine but were single pane. However, One Stop's leaky, poorly installed double-pane windows One Stop caused more damage and functioned poorly. I would never hire them again.