Cheep Antiques

DougR
DougR
3 reviews Odessa, MO

Highboy and Wardrobe

I had never heard of Cheep Antiques, nor had really considered purchasing antiques, until some friends of mine brought home an extraordinary wardrobe that I was sure must have been very expensive! I had never considered buying antiques simply because of price, although I did spend a lot of time browsing. However, they only had paid $250 for their wardrobe, negotiating down from just $300 (which would have been a bargain anyway!) so I had to visit the store. They have an huge selection, and everything seems to be in excellent condition (they do have a restoration service, which I assume they use before putting out for sale.) Not to be outdone by my friends' great wardrobe, I also ended up buying one, for $350. I'm not much of a negotiator, so paid full price, but still a bargain. I have seen similar ones for upward of $700 and some much more! We use it as an entertainment center, with some modification. I stopped back in mostly to thank the owners a few days later, and ended up with another great buy, a high-boy for only $150. It was on sale, I couldn't pass it up. I still don't know where to put it, but will definitely put it to use somewhere. Highly, highly recommend Cheep Antiques, both for the quality, the price and also the service is exceptional. They are all very nice there, helpful without butting in.