Best Buy

MonCherie Lindenhurst
MonCherie Lindenhurst
1 review , IL

The Geek Squad

I brought my computer in to have more memory put in. As soon as I got it home, the computer was acting sluggish and giving error after error. I called Best Buy and they assured me that it takes some time to have the memory sync with the motherboard.
Long story short and alot of frustration later, I brought the computer back to Best Buy still under the guarantee of 30 days. I told them what was happening and asked if they would just test the memory.
Their "expert" looked at the computer and told me "it was fried, as in the motherboard. They did not do a diagnostic to prove this.
But they would be more than happy to show me a new computer.
I took the computer to Circuit City for a second opinion. They did a diagnostic for $60. They called me two hours later and told one of the sticks of memory was indeed bad, thus the errors.
I went back to Best Buy, asked for the memory stick to be replaced, took the stick back to Circuit City for them to put in.
I am using the same computer that they swore was "fried".
I even emailed corporate about it, via PlanetFeedback, they offered a $30 GC.
That didn't cover the cost of the diagnostic test that Circuit City had to do, that Best Buy SHOULD have done- so I am out $30, but all the more wiser.
Upon further investigation I found that Geek Squad are not certified.
Save your heart health and go to Circuit City for computer problems.
I will never shop Best Buy again, nor will my family. THEY have lost alot.