Martin Perri Interiors

Paul in Marin
Paul in Marin
1 review Kentfield, CA

house remodel

I engaged Martin Perri to do a fairly significant remodel for my home. I was extremely disappointed with their performance on all counts. 1) The "designer" they assigned to work with me was not competent, being really a decorator. Moreover, he quit the firm mid-job and very little was done to provide continuity. 2) Their interest was primarily in selling over-priced furnishings, rather than design. 3) The contractor they recommended was a complete disaster, with grossly substandard work and materials and chronic fabrications. When I asked Martin Perri how they could have recommended this contractor, their casual response was "well, we wouldn't recommend him now" and informed me that choosing a contractor was my responsibility. 4) Many of the furnishings they selected were not appropriate for me or my house. When I requested substitutions, they showed no flexibility whatsoever, simply pointing to the legal terms in the contract. I even offered to forfeit 50% of the invoice price on the pieces to not take delivery, and they refused even that, showing how over-priced their recommendations were. In short, their was no sense of partnership, only a desire to cut and run when the project unraveled. I had to start over and hire someone else to complete the job.