Everlast Countertops Incorporated

Carrie from New Freedom
Carrie from New Freedom
1 review Shrewsbury, PA

New cabinets, cabinet refacing

The cabinets I ordered had a painted, baked finish on them. About three and a half years after I purchased them, I noticed to finish was starting to breakdown, particularly the ones used most. I called the company then, and had expressed my concern to the person who sold us the cabinets. He never offered to come out to even look at them, and said there is no touch up paint. I later learned that this was a paint stain finish with a glaze, which is baked on. I continued to be careful with them, but finish continued breaking down. I recently contacted this company once more, asking for their help. I even sent photos of the cabinets close up to show them what was happening. I received an email that stated due to the cabinets being almost 7 years old, the answer was " wear and tear , " no offer to come out to even look, and the cabinets were not cheap. I had another specialist come out and said it was probably a defect in the finishing process. She had never seen cabinets do that before. I am not hard on my cabinets, careful what I clean them with and take pride in how my home looks. I know cabinets do not last forever, but a finish should last longer than 4 years, especially for what I put out. I tried contacting them after the email was sent. My phone calls were never returned. I will have to replace them at this point. The specialist said the finish will continue to deteriorate. It's a shame, because the cabinets themselves are very pretty.