Category :
Hours:
By Appointment

David J. Design Inc.

Company Profile

The Kitchen and Bathroom Specialist for over 28 years.
As well as doing medium to high end custom kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, built-ins etc., we have been able to (with a little ingenuity) create many beautiful custom kitchens and bathrooms with a high end look using IKEA and Big Box Store cabinetry . This allows consumers with a more limited budget to get the kitchen or bathroom they have always wanted.
Visit our web site and see how we can transform your space.

more...
Servicing:

Greater Toronto Area

Reviews for David J. Design Inc.

Show:

Jan 06, 2014, Toronto

Hired David after reading reviews and a 15 minute meeting. Understood what I wanted to do quickly and his design was great. David worked with the contractor he recommended( Precision ) .The work was well done on budget and performed quickly.I was very satisfied with the finished product

Company Response:
Thanks very much Tor for the nice review. You were an absolute pleasure and a really fun guy to work with. You were open to ideas and you made your project fun for not only myself but for the entire crew at Precision Renovations. Enjoy your new main floor and I look forward to hopefully working with you on any other projects you may want to do in the future. Thanks again David

Dec 09, 2013, Old Toronto

I had seen several examples of David’s work before I was even considering doing any renovations in my home. I was always struck by the tasteful elegance and innovative use of space and materials. Equally important, I had only heard glowing comments about his work ethic, his teams of suppliers and renovators, his ability to finish on time and on budget. So when it came time for me to renovate the master washroom and nearby closet, David was an obvious choice. This was my first time renovating. Aside from finding a creative person to work with, finding someone I could trust with my home and my money was a key part of the picture for me. When we met, I knew we’d work well together. He understood my mindset; he was reassuring and calm. He was clear and honest about what the job would entail without burying me in technical jargon. He was completely open to my thoughts and ideas and was excellent at finding innovative (and often low cost) ways to integrate them into the grand scheme of things. As with most renovations I imagine, as we went along, I found a few other things I wanted addressed – and he seamlessly integrated them into the work schedule without delay. He transformed a previously early 80’s non-descript washroom into a sleek, modern, highly functional and very beautiful space. He took 2 small closets, one of which backed into the eaves of the roof and created a walk-in closet! I could not be happier with either of those spaces. Aside from the creative aspect, I was looking for someone who would oversee the entire project. David handled the entire project for me. He set up the schedule, he coordinated amongst the various tradespeople, he dealt with it all. I could and did count on him to deal with anything that arose. In fact, I was so comfortable with the situation, I went away on vacation for a week in the middle of renovations! That’s trust! Working with David took what I anticipated would be a stressful situation and turned it into a creative, pleasant and exciting time. I’ve already spoken to him about a small kitchen reno I’d like to tackle in the next year! I have and will continue to recommend David to anyone who is looking for a person to partner with on a renovation. kass graham

Dec 09, 2013, Old Toronto

We contacted David after seeing his reviews on Homestars. Prior to meeting with him, we had already met with a variety of boutique kitchen design stores as well as Home Depot. David was able to present ideas that utilized our space in a manner that no other designer had been able to do. His drawings utilized Ikea cabinets that were customized to make excellent use of every inch of our 10 X 13 kitchen. We ended up using David for a full kitchen renovation and he also helped provide drawings and ideas for our bathroom and basement renovation. What I really appreciated was that he was willing to be as big, or as little a part of our project as we wanted him to be. He had a full range of professionals available to us but we already had relationships with the people we wanted to work with ( plumbing, electrical, etc ). He was very willing to work with our trades people while also providing referrals when we wanted another estimate for an aspect of the job. In regards to our kitchen, we needed him to oversee every step and he delivered. He worked with the people we had hired and came by as often as needed to make sure that the vision that he designed was being executed properly. We also appreciated David's opinion in regards to finishes and furniture choices. He has a great eye and made sure that our end product looked great. We ended up paying a few thousand for David's services. I think that this was money well spent as he was able to make ikea cabinets look better than the designs offered by the boutique kitchen design stores that were charging an additional $10 000 and beyond. I have no hesitation recommending David, he is a true professional and has a ton of experience and raw talent.

Apr 01, 2013, North York

David recently renovated our master bathroom, and he did an amazing job. It is a challenging space, in that it's tiny, and he somehow managed to make it feel spacious and modern. (20+ year old bathroom in our condo). He is professional, fun to work with, and his attention to detail is incredible. What we really liked is that he listened to what we wanted, and then added his own spin on things, to great success. He became the project manager throughout the reno, sourcing all the tradespeople, who were also really good to work with. Very impressed, and happy with the result.

Oct 04, 2012, East York

After receiving a glowing recommendation from a friend we enlisted David to tackle a full renovation on our small kitchen. We were impressed with the creativity and ingenuity that David employed to maximize both space (where we thought none was to be found!) and style. Not only did he provide us with a vision that made our home better but he also acted as project manager, liaising with key suppliers and keeping things on track. David was open and honest about places we could save within our budget, as well as areas where splurging would elevate the project as a whole. Bottom line: we love our kitchen. And the bathroom reno that's in our future? We're already planning to work together again. Based on our positive experience we'd definitely recommend David's work to others.

Sep 12, 2012, Toronto

Jan M--Riverdale This is the second time that David has renovated a kitchen for me-first my house 10 years ago and now my condo. He provided me 3 designs to choose from and also designed my 2 bathrooms. David did an outstanding job customizing IKEA the cabinets that I wanted with Quartz counters. He is meticulous, timely, very reasonable and fair with his fees and most importantly has terrific design sense maximiming space and room shapes. My bathrooms are beautiful--I love everything. I highly recommend DavidJDesign.

Jul 26, 2012, TORONTO

Review has Multiple Versions 2

David has provided us with a number of design projects updating our house. David has always gone the extra mile to make sure we happy with the end result and been mindful of different design perspectives and budgets.

Sep 14, 2011, Toronto

I'm a little behind writing this review, but then again, it might be better this way because we've been using the finished product for over a year and a half! David was extremely professional at all times (but also very personable, straighforward, funny and sarcastic - which worked for us! ). We have a 100+ year old house, and hired David to completely redo our small-ish kitchen and adjacent half bath. To put it mildly, the two rooms were complete write-offs and needed to be demolished down to the lath boards. David listened to what we wanted in a kitchen (storage, functionality, clean lines, best use of space), and designed 3 options. The trades that David works with are top notch, as well as the suppliers that David brought us to. In 8 short weeks, our kitchen went from gross to gorgeous - every detail clearly thought out, maximum use of space, and beautiful finishes. A year and a half in, we still absolutely love our kitchen - we love cooking in it, still have room left in some of the cabinets, and get compliments from everyone who sees it. And the little half bath is just perfect as well. Any negatives? While I don't believe it's a negative, David's time is not cheap (nor should it be). He puts a lot of time and effort into the project, and we were fine with his rates - you get what you pay for.

Jul 16, 2011, York

After having such a great collaberation with David when we renovated my kitchen in 2007, I had complete faith in his ability to help me transform my living room and dining room area. Once again, I was thrilled with the results as David was able to create a functional and beautiful living room that carried on the theme of the rest of the house. I now love entertaining in my home and get so many compliments on how nice the entire main floor looks. I should add that David was very conscious of my budget and only showed me options that were realistic. I guess more telling than anything is that after 2 renovations, David and I have become and continue to be great friends!

Mar 31, 2011, Toronto

Having used david before, we engaged him to help with renovation of all three of our bathrooms. David's service was once again superb. As a designer, we love the way David brings his expertise and experience to bear to thne give us just a handful of useful choices, so we're not overwhelmed by everything. David provided us with great ideas for both function and look, and his deep understanding of architecture and construction meant he was able to quickly show it was possible, what wasn't, and -- most importantly -- what was likely to work best. From a prior project, we knew that could trust David's great instincts, and once again we were glad we did. We also like the fact that David has some versatility in his design thinking. For example, we wanted to do a pretty lux job on the Master bathroom: David was great on that -- it's a stunning spa-like room. But we wanted to do something more modest and economical in the basement guest bathroom. David made that happen just as successfully, really able to "switch gears" to a quite different sort of thinking and approach, with the result being a great looking and functional bathroom that was appropriate for its purpose. The other thing we found so useful about having David in our corner is that he really provides services far beyond mere design. He helped obtain and co-ordinate all the trades, and monitored them closely. For us, this is just such a enormous time-saving and practical help. We didn't even have a general contractor, but without David there is aboslutely no way on earth we could have done that. We really love the fact that David has very high standards, and applies that to everything that happens in the project, including working with and sometimes, as necessary, getting on top of!) trades to ensure a first rate result. Finally, it is worth noting that on this particular project, we had a few difficulties with one of the trades, and David dealt with that firmly to ensure the project would not be compromised, even though he technically had no obligation to do so at all since we had contracted directly with the trades. Again, really part of the way he takes responsibility for the final outcome of the project, not just the concept. Is there anything negative about David J.? Well, just given his strengths and leanings, he is not likely your best person for very small projects and/or those with a very small budget. Perhaps also not best for someone who likes to control every detail of things themselves; one of David's strenghts is his vision and ability to see it through, and that is best harnassed by giving him some scope to "do his thing". But that's just what we needed and wanted. For us, David was once again just totally indispensable.

Company Profile

The Kitchen and Bathroom Specialist for over 28 years.
Visit our web site and see how we can transform your space.

Products & Services

Services
Design and full renovation for any room in the house, custom built ins, full interior design, color consultation. Professional floor plans for any renovation.
Brands
Any cabinetry from Ikea to totally custom. Any type of countertop from Laminate to Quartz. Totally custom millwork as well.
Styles
traditional, contemporary, modern, ultra modern
Specialties
Kitchens,Bathrooms,Mudrooms, Laundry rooms, Basements, Custom designed Built ins, Entertainment Units

Credentials & Financial Information

Cheque
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!