near

Fences & Gates
Address:
10008 River Road Delta , BC

Sunbury Cedar

Is this your company? Claim it FREE!

Claim This Listing

Expand your profile, get notified when reviews are posted, and start managing your online reputation!

You Might Also Consider

Cedar Coast Fence Ltd

Needed a new fence..the fence I got was beautiful! Well constructed and finished when they said it would be. Nick and The...

Sandy from Surrey 2 Apr 23, 2014

Reviews for Sunbury Cedar

Apr 14, 2014, Pitt Meadows

Replacement fences in a strata complex. We each paid up to around $2700 strata special levy towards what is a DISASTER. Fences started falling apart and rot within a few weeks of being installed. Installing fences DIRECTLY on tree stumps on the ground and IN the soil in some places -> water seeping into the cedar -> accelerating rotting. Other places leaving gaps large enough for a small adult to go through or under. Excuses that posts that had "twisted" - pulling apart the panels - would be replaced - never happened - instead they pumped the post full of screws and cut off the top making it look like the post was deep enough. Overall posts not deep enough and different heights from panel to panel. Within a 5 panel - relatively level ground - 5 different post and panel heights!?!?! Old posts - which were properly installed were left in ground - we had to try to dig them out ourselves. Promises to fix never held up. Absolutely disgraceful company with no interest in getting the rest of the money held back in the hopes they may one day try to fix some of the mess. Extremely poor work. I'm sure materials are ok - but installation means they will rot quickly and keep falling apart.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
DO THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! WATCH THEM WORK AND DEMAND THEY FIX IS BEFORE THEY LEAVE! If you say you are going to replace or fix something? Do it. Around a yard posts should be the same height - same with the panels.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Stay away from Sunbury Cedar. Not reliable. Not dependable. No pride in their work. Not eager to get the remainder of their money since they wont come back to fix the job.

Feb 12, 2014, Burnaby

Sean Smith came onsite for a thorough assessment of our exterior stairs that due to rotting needed to be replaced. His crew came onsite timely back on Oct 2013, did the confirmed job that screams quality and craftmanship! Price was extremely reasonable as we had over a dozen companies come through for estimates. If we have exterior wood work down the road will definitely give them a call.

Oct 17, 2013, Surrey

Sunbury Cedar did an outstanding job building my cement retaining wall in my front yard. I researched how much it would have cost me to do it myself with allen blocks, and in comparison getting this company to put in a cement wall, and take care of all the labour, is far more worth it, I would recommend them to anyone out there with a front retaining wall about to fall over!

Sep 10, 2013, Delta

My experience with Sunbury has been fantastic. No one even came close to their prices and their staff were very helpful. Matt was very patient and did his best to help facilitate a difficult order. Another staff member jumped through hoops to get an order done despite the fact he was obviously under a lot of pressure. Worst thing I can say is what they have in stock is somewhat variable. I don't say this very often, but these guys deserve your business.

Jul 10, 2013, Vancouver

We called a number of fencing companies and were surprised that many didn't even call back. Sunbury was very professional in all their interactions with us. We were under a time crunch and they got the job done in time. The supervisor and the installation staff were friendly and knowledgable. The fencing looks great! We would hire them again and recommend them to family and friends.

Feb 16, 2013

Good quality cedar shingles. Helpful and friendly staff. Easy to access location. Other necessary roofing supplies were also sold there. Delivery fee reasonable. Affordable and attractive solution for a gardening shed.

Sep 11, 2010, Richmond

Sunbury Cedar did cedar fencing for us. Job was completed in less than a week, excellent service and crew. Pricing was good value. Would definitely use them again. Materials were exceptional quality.

Mar 10, 2010, Delta

Review has Multiple Versions 1

I spent over 30 minutes looking through the sunbury cedar yard trying to get an idea of the quality of material they had for a fence and stair job I needed to do at my home. I was not impressed at all with the quality of material but I went inside to get a price out of curiosity. Not only did sunbury cedar have the crappiest material but they were the most expensive!. I proceeded to show the man at the counter the other 2 prices I had from other companies and he went to talk to his boss about it. They offered to price match, but for the crappy quality of the material they have it was not worth it. I might have reconsidered for 10 or 15% less than the competitions prices. But probably not for even that discount. There are better places around here to get cedar and pressure treated wood from. I don't understand how a place like that can stay in business? I guess they must rely on lazy people that don't take the time to shop around. I definitely recommend you shop around and go to the other building supply companies in the area when you need cedar or pressure treated lumber. There are better places around here than Sunbury Cedar!

Jun 14, 2009, Richmond

I was surprised to see that Sunbury's sale price this weekend was more expensive than home depots regular cost.. however, i thought that the quality must be better. The cedar i bought at Home Depot is georgeous, and the cedar from Sunbury is going back! It's awful compared to Home Depot??? WOW.

Oct 13, 2007, Vancouver

We have made repeated purchases (kids play structure, garden shed, fencing materials, etc). You can find cheaper cedar, but as my father always told me - "You get what you pay for!"..Sunbury has a great selection and good quality stuff

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!