Category :

Company Profile

WATERPROOFING

more...
Servicing:

For interior and exterior waterproofing, as well as benching and underpinning we will work south of 401 to the lake from Victoria Park to Kipling.

Reviews for Mud Monkeys Waterproofing

Show:

Aug 03, 2012, Toronto

We had a minor leak at one of the corners of our house. After calling Mud Monkeys Darby came almost immediately and gave us a very reasonably quote including foundation repair and waterproofing an entire wall of the house.The crew showed up precisely on the date and time we had set and did an outstanding job. In the middle of the project I found out that I had to upgrade our water service by putting the new line in the trench they had dug and I was very satisfied to see that they were able to work with me on this last minute change and to coordinate with a plumber who upgraded the water service. I was extremely happy with the work done and I would highly recommend Darby and his Mud Monkeys to anyone.

Jul 30, 2012, Toronto

I have a very old house that had an old set of basement stairs that were covered by a deck. Racoons were trying to get in to the house through this opening. Mud Monkeys came in and dug out the stairs and filled in the hole. They did this quickly, cleanly and at a very reasonable cost. I would highly recommend them.

Jul 25, 2012, TORONTO

Not a bad thing to say. Work was completed in its entirety, on budget and on schedule. The guys were as clean as can be expected (digging out a basement), polite and always on time. Estimates were easy to get and very reasonable compared to other quotes. Monkeys dug out the existing slab, dug down, installed new plumbing, sump pump and backwater flow (they coordinated with a professional plumber so I didn't have to do this), installed a weeping tile, waterproofed from the inside and coordinated with a concrete company to pour a new slab for the basement. Everything was clean and left in better condition than when they started. I would highly recommend them.

Jul 16, 2012, YORK

Darby and his Mud Monkeys were referred to me by a structural engineer I hired to assess a major undisclosed foundation issue that I found when I purchased my house. Darby quickly came out to the house to assess the damage, and in consultation with the engineer, came up with an affordable solution to make my home safe and my basement moisture free. Darby was timely in his responses, knowledgable, fair, kind and extremely helpful in answering all of my questions. I had quite a few other companies in to quote on the project and while the Mud Monkeys were not the cheapest of the quotes I received, they seemed to be the most informed and honest about the scope of the job. When it came time to do the work, Darby came out occasionally to check progress and to problem solve some unexpected issues but left the day-to-day work in the extremely capable hands of Nick and his crew who were with us throughout the process. Nick and the guys were friendly, professional, very clean, and were extremely patient with my nosing around the basement... even calling me downstairs to see when exciting things were happening! The end result exceeded my expectations for quality and timeliness and we now have a foundation that is safe and dry. The Mud Monkeys are an exceptional waterproofing company. I've already recommended them to two friends looking for help with wet basements and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them again. Update: It's a year later and last night (Sunday) I noticed that some soil had settled around the work area so I immediately wrote a quick email to Darby to let him know. By 10:00 AM this morning (Monday), Nick was here to fix the issue, no charge. Wow. They really stand behind their work. What a great group of guys.

Jun 25, 2012, Toronto

Overall a fantastic experience - highly recommended. The job: Darby and his team excavated concrete and soil away from the foundation wall (22 linear feet of it), coated by hand with hydraulic cement, tar, then sheets of poly. Found the price for the size of job fair. What we liked: - Timeliness: they were ready a week early and started the job precisely at 830am on the monday as they said they would. - Proactive and professional: The hard-working crew were very easy to deal with, very respectful, and left the job site in a perfect state every day (cleaned up tools and tarped soil at end of day). When the job was done, they cleaned up the entire yard, including raking the grass etc, great attention to detail. - Accountable: When we weren't happy with the quality of parging work that was showing above ground, the work crew took the time and steps to ensure a very clean finished job to our specs. When they accidentally cut through an electrical cord (that was way too shallow in the soil, 3 inches below grade), they hired a professional electrician to fix it to code with a waterproofing box.

May 02, 2012, Scarborough

We are new homeowners and were horrified to discover a foundation crack after a rainstorm last fall. Found mud monkeys online and a friend also recommended them. We found them very easy to talk to and they explained that fixing from the outside was the best way. We had to move our A/C which was a pain (had our HVAC guy do it) but the rest of the process went very smoothly. They dug out about 8 feet across and down and put in new weeping tile etc and waterproofed the outside. We also got 2 new window wells out of the process! The inside concrete had also deteriorated and they patched then up very nicely too. It seemed a great mess at the time but the left the place spotless. Most impressive is that they made repeated trips over the winter to top up the dirt so the grading on that side of the house was optimal. Our HVAC guy mucked it up when he was re-installing the A/C a couple of weeks ago but the mud monkeys were happy to come back and fix the grading for us. All in all an excellent experience and based on my interactions with them over the last 6 months I have full confidence that they will honour the waranttee in the future if need be.

Apr 27, 2012, Toronto

Darby is honest and very courteous. The work was done punctually. It was a very positive experience in that they were considerate and the parging, which was tricky to get at, under a deck, actually looks beautiful. They were thorough. And the price was reasonable. What else is there to say?.

Apr 20, 2012, Toronto

We met with 4 different contractors and selected Mud Monkeys based Darby's experience and honest and professional manner, and cost. Work started and finished on schedule, and on budget, including replacing a large section of bricks that had fallen apart but wasn't visible until work started. The workers on site were very courteous, and clearly communicated what they were doing and took the time to answer our questions. Darby was at the site almost every day, so he knew exactly how the project was going. We were very impressed by how clean Mud Monkeys kept the work site. Rarely do contractors go above and beyond - Mud Monkeys is the exception! After our neighbour's roofer left tar smeared down our brick wall, Mud Monkeys cleaned it for us, without being asked and even though the problem was through no fault of their own. They also protected our basement windows from work being done next door. We have worked with many contractors, and haven't come across a company with as much integrity and exceptional service as Mud Monkeys. We wish they had more services to offer! The work has just completed, so I cannot comment on the effectiveness of the waterproofing, but everything we saw looked carefully and properly done.

Mar 30, 2012, East York

We used Mud Monkeys approximately 4 years ago to waterproof our basement. Darby gave us several different options and we chose to have our basement dug out, install weeping tile etc. Darby and his team were always punctual, courteous and efficient and Darby was always available to answer any questions that we had. I have recommended Mud Monkeys to many friends and neighbors and would not hesitate to use them in the future for similar work. Today, after having some issues with a small area of wet carpet in our basement, Darby was here with a couple of his staff to determine what the issue was. Turned out, we had a small plumbing leak coming from the upstairs and down into our basement. Although the leak was not due to any error on the part of Mud Monkeys, they took the time to evaluate and solve the issue for us, no charge. I really can not think of another company that has provided the professionalism and service that Mud Monkeys has provided. Thank you, Darby, for being such a pleasure to work with.

Mar 30, 2012, East York

We had Darby and his team do interior waterproofing last year so that we could finish our basement. Darby was always available to answer any questions we had and also gave us three detailed quote options based on our situation. We paid them to excavate our existing basement floor, install weeping tile around the complete interior perimeter of the foundation walls, and then lay down a gravel base and pour a new wire mesh reinforced concrete slab for the floor. Darby's team was friendly and very efficient. They cleaned up after themselves each day and went out of their way to accommodate our needs. Even a year later, when we had questions about our basement, Darby was willing to help us out. Mud Monkeys was referred to us by our realtor and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone else in need of reliable waterproofing professionals.

Company Profile

WATERPROOFING

Tired of mopping the water in your basement? Does your basement smell of mould and mildew? Is your foundation wall retaining water slowly and deteriorating? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then the following will describe the reasons why, and how, to eliminate the problem. The cause of your basement's musty smell is because your foundation wall is retaining water, be it in the hollow block cavities or trapped behind the double brick or stone wall, as well as the water that is absorbed by the block, brick and stone. This combination causes the wall to produce mould, mildew and epharecense. The water trapped in the wall slowly deteriorates the wall, starting at the bottom.The water that makes its way into the basement through the wall and seems to cause us the most grief may not be the most concerning problem. The same problem will not occur with a solid poured concrete wall. The reason being you will find a defined crack in the solid wall that allows all the water to enter in, without retaining little, or any water.Regardless of which type of foundation you have, it can become watertight, mould and mildew-free by sealing your foundation from the OUTSIDE. With solid poured concrete foundations, you can inject the crack from the inside and the elements stay out.You must expose your foundation wall from grade level to 6" below the top of the footing. Then you must clean the wall thoroughly, exposing the deteriorated areas and cleaning all the dust and dirt from the wall. Then, restore any cracks or loose mortar joints with hydrolic cement. Cement coat the wall,Tar and install 6mm poly plastic on top. Once the wall is treated, install a 4" continuous weeping tile covered with 6 inches of 3/4" stone. Then back-fill the earth compacting at every foot. At grade level slope the earth, concrete, interlocking etc. away from the house.This method never fails. I have used this system over 13 years without fail. I have the references for you to refer to. We also have a photo album to take you step by step through the procedure.So, stop mopping! Relieve your allergies from mold and mildew and restore your foundation. When you do decide to restore your foundation do it the right way - from the outside. Remember, 40% of all my work is fixing other people's attempt to stop the water.

Products & Services

Services
Interior/Exterior Waterproofing, Benching, Underpinning, Concrete Floors

Credentials & Financial Information

1996
We now accept debit and credit (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), as well as cheques
We will gladly send our customers a copy of our liability insurance at their request
We will gladly send our customers a copy of our WSIB clearance certificate at their request
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED
All waterproofing work completed by Mud Monkey's Inc. carries a 20 year transferable warranty

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!