Category :

Company Profile

WATERPROOFING

more...
Servicing:

For interior and exterior waterproofing, as well as benching and underpinning we will work south of 401 to the lake from Victoria Park to Kipling.

Reviews for Mud Monkeys Waterproofing

Show:

Apr 03, 2011, Toronto

Our situation was critical. After a big thaw and some heavy rain, I woke up Monday morning to a steady stream of water coming in through our basement walls. It was practically a river. Silt and all. Darby was quick to respond to my call. He came to the house just hours after I called him. He was calm, empathetic and knowledgable. He emailed me a quote that same day, answered every question I had and gave me the time I needed to make my decision. Although getting other estimates proved unnecessary. By Thursday we decided to go with Mud Monkeys, and Darby even went out of his way to schedule the job and start it the following Monday to accommodate the vacation we were about to take the week after. Darby and his crew arrived on time that Monday morning. He walked me through, once again, what they were going to do, what minimal disruption my neighbour and I could expect, and precautions I should take around the work area. His crew were polite, professional, and friendly (they always said good morning as I left for work.) They even showed me their progress one morning and explained what they found (ie. inadequate waterproofing) and what they were doing. At the end of every day they always kept the work area well contained and blocked off to ensure our safety. The work was finished on time. In fact, technically, a day earlier than scheduled. We had several days of heavy rain since and our basement is dry as a bone. Darby himself was always available on the phone whenever I had a question or concern. He always took his time to explain everything. Even as we were on our way to the airport, I was able to speak to him regarding the depth and finish on the window well. Both of which he assures me he will take care of. It made for a stress free vacation that's for sure. I am looking forward to June, when Mud Monkeys comes back after the gravel has settled to pour the new concrete with a proper grade. My experience with Darby and Mud Monkeys has been so positive that I have already recommended them to 2 other friends in need of basement waterproofing services this year. And the transferrable 20 year warranty is an extra peace of mind. No more loosing sleep over my basement. Thanks Darby!!

Company Response:
J.C, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and all your kind words. I'm so glad to hear you are happy with our work, it was a pleasure working for you. I know a leaky basement can be a very stressful time for any homeowner and I'm glad we were able to provide you with peace of mind. All the best - Darby

Mar 21, 2011, Toronto

I obtained three quotes for what appeared to be water migration through the cinder block foundation of my 50+ year old basement. Evidenced by paint flaking, crumbling block and surface mold. All three quotes were similar but Mud Monkeys' was the most inclusive and conscientious. Despite the overwhelming need for this type of work at this time of year, they got it done on schedule. They also kept me informed of the progress and their procedures. I have been recommending them to anyone I speak with! Leaky basements or not!

Company Response:
Hi Alexandra, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We are glad we could be of service to you, thank you for all your recommendations. All the best - Darby

Feb 24, 2011, Toronto

I got two quotes on waterproofing my basement. The first quote was to waterproof on the inside using weeping tile and to do minor plumbing and it came in at 6,700 not incl HST. Mud Monkeys quoted the same job at 4,000. Because Mud Mnkeys was so much more reasonable, I opted to waterproof on the outside which is superior and still paid less than the first quote I got. Darby's crew is polie, informative, and just plain nice. A pleasure to have MM working on my home.

Company Response:
Hi Katheryne, thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we greatly appreciate it. You were a pleasure to work for and I'm glad we could be of service. All the best - Darby

Jan 31, 2011, TORONTO

We bought a home with a leaky foundation and dreaded mold was growing in our drywall. Called and got estimates from several companies, I called Darby at Mud Monkeys first as they had an exceptional rating on Homestars. Darby came by and looked the situation over and came back with a very affordable (I'm a recent new homeowner) quote. His team was fast and they cleaned up and took everything with them. I was very impressed. I will be calling them to do some more work in the spring on our exterior as well. Highly recommended.

Company Response:
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a positive, kind review, we greatly appreciate it. Glad we could be of service.

Jan 31, 2011, Toronto

Darby and his crew were professional & informative. Thanks to his hard work, we were able to resolve the water issue within a short amount of time. Darby went above and beyond his responsibilities to ensure taht we were satisfied and returned on few occasions to ensure everything was in order even after the completion of the job. I will definately refer this company to anyone who asks. Thanks.

Jan 04, 2011, Toronto

I cannot say enough good things about Mud Monkeys. They were professional, tidy, punctual, friendly and very easy to deal with. We live in a 1 yr old semi in downtown Toronto. The house is very narrow and the walkway between the houses is less than 2' wide. These guys dug up my basement BY HAND! The dirt had to be passed up through a window by hand,shoveled into a wheelbarrow and wheeled across the street to the dumpster. No easy task and these guys seemed to do it with ease. I loved working with Med Monkeys and wish that I could use them to finish my basement renovation!

Company Response:
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a postive, kind review, we greatly appreciate it. Glad we could be of service.

Dec 03, 2010, Toronto

Punctual, respectful, very clean in what is a messy job, good workmanship, on-time. I have nothing but good things to day about the experience. These guys are top-drawer stand-up types. I highly recommend them.

Dec 01, 2010, TORONTO

The Mud Monkey team solved our basement water problems. Where other contractors were mystified by our water problem, the Mud Monkey owner came and immediately offered a solution. They know their business! It has been 3 months now and not a drop of water has come into the basement. What a relief! In addition, they were timely, organized, tidy, and communicative. A good value too.

Nov 14, 2010, Etobicoke

I hired Mud Monkeys to install an interior weeping tile system in part of my basement (to compensate for poor work done by another contractor). They were quick, clean, efficient, and excellent. I have no more water problems. I completely trust their workmanship and their 25 year warranty. They really are excellent.

Nov 09, 2010, Toronto

It has been over a year since Mud Monkey completed the work at our house. We had 2/3 of our basement finished buy 1/3 was wood on soil. My wife was pregnant at the time and we had a 'hard date' for when it needed to be completed. Darby came throught with a week+ to spare. Even when we had 2 or 3 days of crazy rain; their tarping system was amazing it keep all of the rain out of the newly dug out areas. You can't go wrong choosing Mud Monkeys. Thanks Darby! Hope to see you digging up another basement in my neighbourhood soon!

Company Profile

WATERPROOFING

Tired of mopping the water in your basement? Does your basement smell of mould and mildew? Is your foundation wall retaining water slowly and deteriorating? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then the following will describe the reasons why, and how, to eliminate the problem. The cause of your basement's musty smell is because your foundation wall is retaining water, be it in the hollow block cavities or trapped behind the double brick or stone wall, as well as the water that is absorbed by the block, brick and stone. This combination causes the wall to produce mould, mildew and epharecense. The water trapped in the wall slowly deteriorates the wall, starting at the bottom.The water that makes its way into the basement through the wall and seems to cause us the most grief may not be the most concerning problem. The same problem will not occur with a solid poured concrete wall. The reason being you will find a defined crack in the solid wall that allows all the water to enter in, without retaining little, or any water.Regardless of which type of foundation you have, it can become watertight, mould and mildew-free by sealing your foundation from the OUTSIDE. With solid poured concrete foundations, you can inject the crack from the inside and the elements stay out.You must expose your foundation wall from grade level to 6" below the top of the footing. Then you must clean the wall thoroughly, exposing the deteriorated areas and cleaning all the dust and dirt from the wall. Then, restore any cracks or loose mortar joints with hydrolic cement. Cement coat the wall,Tar and install 6mm poly plastic on top. Once the wall is treated, install a 4" continuous weeping tile covered with 6 inches of 3/4" stone. Then back-fill the earth compacting at every foot. At grade level slope the earth, concrete, interlocking etc. away from the house.This method never fails. I have used this system over 13 years without fail. I have the references for you to refer to. We also have a photo album to take you step by step through the procedure.So, stop mopping! Relieve your allergies from mold and mildew and restore your foundation. When you do decide to restore your foundation do it the right way - from the outside. Remember, 40% of all my work is fixing other people's attempt to stop the water.

Products & Services

Services
Interior/Exterior Waterproofing, Benching, Underpinning, Concrete Floors

Credentials & Financial Information

1996
We now accept debit and credit (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), as well as cheques
We will gladly send our customers a copy of our liability insurance at their request
We will gladly send our customers a copy of our WSIB clearance certificate at their request
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED
All waterproofing work completed by Mud Monkey's Inc. carries a 20 year transferable warranty

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!