Category :
Address:
202 - 66 Muriel Street Ottawa , ON K1S 4E1
Owner/Manager:
Carrie Colton

CKY Design Group (no longer in operation)

Company Profile CKY Design Group is a team of three professional Ottawa interior designers with a diverse set of complementary design, experience and skills CKY has expertise in the psychology of color, furniture design, ergonomics/ space planning, construction technology and contemporary fine art with extensive access to European lighting and furniture lines.

You Might Also Consider

Ottawa General Contractors

We first met Jonas, of Ottawa General Contractors, at the Home and Garden Show in Ottawa. After finding favorable reviews...

John & Karen from Ottawa 1 Apr 18, 2014

Reviews for CKY Design Group (no longer in operation)

Dec 13, 2011, Ottawa

Thanks to the vision, talent and expertise of cky design group, my loft condo was transformed from a sterile, empty space to a striking, contemporary home reflective of my personality and tastes.

Helpful? Yes No
Company Response:
Hi Jayne, Thanks for the review. We appreciate it. ox cky

Sep 29, 2011, Kanata

I would absolutely recommend this company to my mother and to everyone else! And I do regularly. We worked with Karyn at CKY design and she helped us stage our condo for sale. I thought our condo had looked pretty good before she arrived but her eye for colour, detail and space transformed our condo into a space beyond our dreams! We had to wonder if we had ever lived there! She helped us turn our modern condo into a very inviting space by suggesting paint colours, placement of furniture, furniture rentals, etc... She coordinated the painting and staging, rented the furniture, gave us all kinds of great tips, and more. I'm positive the staging is what helped us sell our place within days and over asking price (the highest price in the building at the time). Of course, once our condo was staged, we wondered why we hadn't called her BEFORE we needed to move so we could enjoy it ourselves! This time, now that we have our new home, we called in Karyn to provide us with a design concept - a plan to help us grow into our new place and gradually update it and furnish it in a way that will best suit the space. Again, we're thrilled to have done so. The colour suggestions alone have helped enormously and her suggestions and sourcing of light fixtures (reasonably priced, too!) and recommendations for upgrades and updates have transformed the place at minimal cost so far. Plus we have a great plan from her that can help us as we purchase furniture in the future. I'd describe her style as beautiful-chic-modern. Definitely not a cold, stark modern. Though I know that she can adapt to the needs and wants of her clients very easily. If you're like me and you like beautiful spaces but you can't quite seem to pull it all together, then I would absolutely recommend her services. She is great at working within your budget to provide you with options for making your house a fantastic, beautiful home.

Helpful? Yes No
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
I would absolutely recommend hiring her for sourcing items, creating a design plan, etc... but if your budget is limited, just having a consultation and colour analysis done can help you transform your space and set you in the right direction.

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!