Category :
Sofia Cohen
Hours:
Monday- Friday 9-6 pm, Saturday 10-4 pm

Troy Transportation Moving and Storage

Company Profile Troy Transportation Moving and Storage Services Inc is dedicated to providing quality service at the most affordable price. We are a family owned and operated business, who offers honest service to our clients across the country. For all of your household moving, storage and packing needs, look no further as ...

You Might Also Consider

Trans Moving Toronto

BBB.jpg

I moved my 4 bedroom house with Trans Moving Toronto guys, and I have to say I'm so glad I went with them. They packed my...

Lucy from Thornhill 1 Mar 31, 2014

Reviews for Troy Transportation Moving and Storage

Show:

Feb 11, 2014, Red Deer

Awful company who uses outside movers not their own employees which leads to a lot of miscommunication between them and me as well as a lot of damaged goods which does not get covered by insurance and what is covered is not paid out in full but yet "settled" that was never mentioned to me. Also they take weeks to return calls and emails. Would not recommend them!

Feb 02, 2014, Mill Bay

DON'T BE A FOOL! READ THESE REVIEWS! They never provided us with a confirmed weight until delivery ~You have to sign disclaimers and pay before you see the state of your goods~Unprofessional movers~THOUSANDS of dollars in damage~They offered us $70 compensation!~Don't be fooled by the initial savings they quote you-the price ends up being just as high as the reputable companies! Our precious belongings were destroyed!!!

Jan 23, 2014, Old Toronto

Please do yourself a favor and do not use this company under any circumstances. Inflated shipping weight, didn't disclose storage charges, wrong storage city then promised, sent one person to load, won't try to solve any customer complaints. .

Jan 16, 2014, Edmonton

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY After having our antques moved from Windsor to Edmonton they broke the front legs off our victorian chair and re wraped it and used packing tap to tape the front legs back on. they top loaded boxes that said fragile do not top load.they bent all legs bolts on table and a BIG hole in side of box all orniments broken or damaged in box.the antquie couch was standing on end in the truck.this company has offered us $27.00 for damages what a joke.we will be contacting BBB and the our trouble shotter through the news.this company does not care about their clients or there belongings they move. It is obvious look at all the negitive remarks listed here.

Jan 12, 2014, North York

I used Troy Moving and Storage to move from Victoria British Columbia to Toronto Ontario the pick up of my furniture and things was done on time and competently by the crew who arrived, thats where the good part ends.The 5 weeks of storage starts at the time of pickup not at the destination(misleading) when my items were picked up all was tagged with yellow stickers and checked off on a inventory control sheet everything was put on the truck carefully. When i arrived in Toronto i was contacted by the company that my items had arrived a few days after i got here. I told them that i was keeping them in storage until i found a apartment. I went out to their location in Scarborough to see what the cost was the cost had been pegged at over 8000 dollars i told them that was not accurate as i came back with less items then when i went out there with and at that time i paid just over 4500. I was offered to do a reweigh of my items i told them yes i wanted it done and i wanted to be present i was not called when this was done as promised. My items were delivered in August 13 2013. Many items were damaged with either gouges or completely destroyed. My coffee table was smashed beyond repair, my book cases were gouged my end table was gouged,a computer desk was gouged a set of 4 chairs for a kitchen table all were damaged the seats ripped. I was missing boxes and told them what i was missing. When my items were delivered no inventory control sheet was used to mark off the boxes against the sheet. I ended up with someones box as the tag was green not yellow. I immediately contacted the Troy representative i used ( Naomi) and reported the items damaged and boxes missing.I was sent a claim form and e-mailed all the pictures of the damaged items the claim form was filled out and sent in. I never heard back regarding my missing boxes their insurance adjuster sent a offer of $75.00 for all the damaged and missing items it was turned down by me and i told them it was not acceptable for the amount of damaged or lost items occurred and i was not going to pay their deductible as of January 12 2014 i have heard nothing back from any of them. This company i would not recommend to anyone they do not follow their own policy and they try to overcharge you by quite a bit. It is disappointing dealing with companies like this especially as a single parent. They have no regard for people personal items nor do they care if they are smashed my coffee table was obviously smashed when they did a re weigh of my items at that time i should have been advised as well as other items. that had been covered and damage the gouging of the furniture was by the look on purpose as well as the coffee table being broken. If you need a moving company stay away from this one

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Be upfront with their customers stop trying to overcharge people use the inventory sheets you start with take care of people belongings
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Not use this company

Jan 09, 2014, Nanaimo

They delivery truck was days late to pick up my things and they didn't bother telling me until I called them day of the initial scheduled delivery. The workers handled my things with no care. They completely falsified the condition of many of my items, saying things like my bed (which was new and never moved) was broken and my TV was in "unknown" condition. Then when it came time to receive my items they were TWO (2) months late. I had to call them repeatedly and BEG for my things. When they finally arrived not only did they overcharge me way over the estimate they INCREASED the price because they had to store my items longer because they didn't deliver my things on time. Apparently they are "investigating" this incident. On top of that the large items like my bed frame and TV were completely destroyed beyond repair, like they dropped it from the second floor. NOW they are ignoring my insurance claim for my broken items.

Nov 08, 2013, Old Toronto

Troy Moving helped relocate my mother across the country. We had arranged a move from Ontario with some storage required. I was very happy with the storage rate and the customer service. We were asked to post a review, and it was my pleasure. They took care of our account, and made sure to take care of my elderly mother who was all alone. The crew was great both sides and the young guys took care of my mother who is not able to lift everything. I was impressed with the service, thank you to everyone. Rosa D.

Sep 16, 2013, Vancouver

This company is super sketchy and not trustworthy at all. Lost one of my boxes and will not answer calls or return emails. I tried to submit a claim but have heard nothing back. Also be sure to double check your receipt because they added up the total incorrectly and I had to correct them (they were off by $300).

Sep 04, 2013, Old Toronto

Troy falsified the weight of my shipment after delivering it three days late. I was charged for more than double the actual weight. I had my items weighed by another professional company after they were delivered and photos were taken. Troy refused to even speak with me about resolving the weight issue after I had been waiting almost two weeks for my belongings to get delivered. The customer service was just awful. got one reply for every three attempts to contact the company. They did not call before pick up either. Overall, DO NOT use this company. It will only cost you in time, money, and stress.

Aug 19, 2013, Edmonton

They didn't insure goods as requested, they marked everything as damaged though it was already packed in boxes and wrapped -- so apparently they see through boxes and blankets. Glass doors and lamps they packed -- they managed to break. 7900 pounds increased to over 10,000 when they moved it. Worst company I have ever dealt with!!!

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!