Category :
Toronto , ON L7A1Z7
Owner/Manager:
TONY GALIZIA

MIXEDESIGNS

Company Profile Growing customer satisfaction is easy with quality products, exceptional design and strong client relationships. Join other satisfied customers and receive our full range of services, from custom designing, project management to construction. Our focus is to help homeowners find the best balance of value and beauty at realistic prices

You Might Also Consider

Greater Toronto Contractors

gtc_logo2013.png

I was actually recommended by my sister to use Greater Toronto Contractors as they did her bathroom renovation fast and...

Mark Thompson from North York 1 Apr 10, 2014

Reviews for MIXEDESIGNS

Show:

Sep 03, 2013, TORONTO

We hired Tony to do a full gut job of our home. His Supervising project manager Christian and Tony always came to the job site with smiles and amazing ideas. The entire team worked hard and created our dream home. Tony is creative, passionate and most importantly he is HONEST. Even after we moved in Tony would come over and help hang pictures etc...

Aug 20, 2013, Old Toronto

As a first time home owners, we had originally hired Tony to renovate the basement.. After the remarkable work he did (much of which was a saving grace for the house), we had him move/build a brand new kitchen, relocate laundry room, plumbing and relocation of a bathroom, main floor structure re-enforcement, among others renovations on the main floor. Our basement was a nightmare and once we demolished it we found a mountain of problems. We had 7 supporting posts that were all compromised as was the entire structure, which Tony replaced with 3 steel beams with 1 supporting post and proper footing. Tony installed and replaced both sets of stairs, all hand railings, installed a new kitchen, replaced flooring on all main floor (hardwood and tiles for laundry room), fixed all structure problems on main floor as well. Tony's attention to detail and creativity exceeded our expectations; his ability to advise us on all options before making a decision was refreshing and very appreciated. Tony and his team completed the project on time and on budget! We would highly recommend Mixedesigns to anyone.

Jul 09, 2013, Woodbridge

Tony did an incredible job in deciphering what we were looking for in our basement while at the same time, giving us various options and alternatives to consider. He has both an incredible design eye and the practical technical skills to recognize what is impractical. Most of all his concern for helping us understand the "value" of our many choices was what we appreciated most; it confirmed he cared about the work he was doing and us as clients. Christian was pretty swell too.

Jun 26, 2013, Halton Hills

We had the pleasure of having Tony as our contractor when renovating our basement. Not only was he incredibly easy to collaborate with but his innovative ideas, design knowledge, suggestions & recommendations exceeded all of our expectations. Tony & his team were always available & I could not have been happier with the final concept & outcome. Mixedesigns eye for detail is second to none. His team helped transform my house into a home. Mixedesigns in a word is Amazing!!

Mar 24, 2013, Toronto

Excellent contractor! Tony did entire home renovation for our house in Yorkville for us from top to bottom to our complete satisfaction. He has a great eye for design and has excellent creative ideas he will suggest based on his expertise however always will defer to what exactly you want. His prices are good and he will make you aware of prices for different options. There are never any 'surprise' fees when you work with him. He has working under him a team of excellent subcontractors, and we used them all - painting, plumbing, electrical, general, etc. There were no delays in renovations, and the time frame for our large project (entire new kitchen, new hardwood, new bathroom, painting, new stairwell, electrical work, stone flooring/wall tiling) was good. He stands by his work - my project was completed over a year ago and any small outstanding deficiencies he took care of as part of his guarantee. I have used contractors in the past for other work, and both the quality of his work and his integrity stand above the norm. I most certainly will be using him for future projects I have in mind - Peter

Mar 08, 2013, Toronto

Tony (and his apprentice Christian) were awesome to work with and I would highly recommend Tony to anyone looking for an honest, hard-working and skilled designer/contractor. Tony has a true gift for design and what ultimately turned my kitchen into a show-stopper were the ideas that Tony had that we decided to incorporate. He was also very patient and met with me several times as I looked at various options at different price points before finally making decisions and committing to the project. What I really appreciated most was that Tony actually talked me out of going with some of the more costly aspects of my renos because they would not ultimately add true value to the house due to its size/age. He also wisely convinced me to change paint colours and a few other things that in retrospect I would have regretted. Tony also managed all the sub-contractors very well, and was on site to oversee the most important pieces of work by those trades. Tony has a high degree of integrity and was very upfront about everything and stuck to his original budget - there were no extra (or hidden) costs other than things that I decided to upgrade as we went along (cabinets, electrical, etc). We did experience a few delays due to events beyond Tony's control, but that seems to be a common occurrence that happens to a lot of folks when doing renovations, and Tony ensures that everything is done to perfection, which sometimes meant having sub-contractors return to get it right. The end result is fabulous and I would definitely recommend Tony and hope to work with him again myself !

Dec 19, 2012, Toronto

We were very fortunate to have Tony and his professional team as our contractors. Tony is a rare breed of contractor whose talents are both in the design and in the construction of a project. His straightforward honesty and open communication were reassuring and his 'out of the box' thinking and attention to detail has left us with a renovation beyond our expectations! We would absolutely use Mixedesigns again for any future renovations.

Sep 28, 2012, Toronto

Tony of Mixdesigns was the only contractor that was able to create the kitchen I wanted and expanded on my idea with enthusiasm. An amazing job for a fair price. Can't wait to have Mixdesigns back to do my bathroom Reno

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Currently I would say they hit the nail on the head
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Make sure your contractor is able to take thinking out of the project for you. Example. I gave an idea and they flew with it and made it better. From start to finish it never felt like I was having renovations completed but more so that friends were dropping in every day

Sep 25, 2012, Toronto

I cannot say enough good things about Tony and his work. We are very pleased with the results of our renovations (especially love my new kitchen!). Tony gave us lots of ideas, was always available for questions and helped us work though problems that came up (no fault of his, just an old house). We felt relieved that we had chosen someone as honest and trustworthy as Tony. We spent more than we originally budgeted for because of the issues that came up with owning an old house, but we feel we got the best dollar value for all the work that was done and made the best and more educated decisions for our home with Tony’s help. He is reliable, very hardworking, and in my opinion, one of the best at what he does. I would strongly recommend Tony to others. We will continue to use Tony for all of our future projects.

Jun 08, 2012, North York

Tony is very direct and forthright. He took time out to explain to me what the entire job entailed including ways I could save money but not compromise on the high end look I was aiming for. He worked like a dog for 3 days to get the job done on time. For once the quote matched the bill. He returned within days to install the custom stained threshold we were waiting on. Even two months down the road he checked in to see if everything was okay. Very pleased and relieved to have found a "contractor for life". Elizabeth.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!